Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E-flite Blade 400 why so special?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-flite Blade 400 why so special?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Wolfpackin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Blade 400 why so special?

...why so special?

Because you can do this after opening the box and charging the battery, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr33pbxsUlQ]Video[/link].
Old 03-29-2008, 10:07 PM
jdkxtreme

I just got done with my 5th battery of hovering..And 3rd major repair..I have changed 2 feathering shafts 2 sets of blades.1 blade grip.1 main gear.tail blades.1 main shaft..I think this is going to work out well for me now..I have never flown any other heli besides the CX..Flown planes for a while now..I would recomend this to anyone..For the money and the learning experience you will get..Just my honest opinon though..
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM
jdkxtreme

I just put the tail in the ground first..It was soft so nothing broke..Now I think the belt is stripped..Is it hard to replace?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
scooby-RCU

ORIGINAL: jdkxtreme

I just put the tail in the ground first..It was soft so nothing broke..Now I think the belt is stripped..Is it hard to replace?

well i hadn't had to replace anything on my blade 400 yet, but on my belt cp, i did a tail in ground first, and it was soft, but it did strip out the tail drive gear. i would check that and the main gear it rototes against. i dunno about replacing the belt, but to replace the gear on my belt cp, i had to split the body, but it really wasn't as bad as it looked it would be.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 PM
DuceNova

The local hobby shop has a used Blade 400 for sale for $200. It doesn't have the transmitter, receiver or battery with it. Do you think that's a fair price?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:51 PM
choppersrule

DuceNova,

Hmmmm, IMHO, I would suggest to get a brand spanking new one, street price is $469..

A DX6i and receiver will run ya about $180 and a battery about $40. Hmmm what about a charger.

Back to my logic,, 200 for a used Helicopter, 180 for a Transmitter and Receiver and 40 for a battery, comes to $440. For the extra 30 bucks, I'd have a warm and fuzzy feeling. With a used heli, you're not sure the condition of the motor or servos, belt wear etc.

Just my nickels worth,

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: DuceNova

The local hobby shop has a used Blade 400 for sale for $200. It doesn't have the transmitter, receiver or battery with it. Do you think that's a fair price?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:54 PM
jdkxtreme

I'm with chopper.....What if the last guy put it in the dirt 12 times and did a sad job on repairs..Might look good on the outside but you never know
Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
DuceNova

I have a Futaba 6EXHP transmitter, a Eflite 25 amp ESC/BEC, Futaba R146IP PCM receiver, and a MRC Super Brain 969 charger. All I lack for it and a 3S 11.1V 1800mAh 20C Li-Po battery. AND he wants to a computer TX which I have a EXAP that I'd trade plus $100 for it. The LHS owner says that he did a PM on it and all it needed was is a set of servo gears (which he rplaced) and everything else that's there is 100% OK.

I know I may be buying somebody elses problems but the guy has moved up to a bigger/$$$$ expenive heicopter. He wants to keep the battery, receiver, and transmitter because he lost everything but this helicopter kit in the flood around here last year.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:36 PM
choppersrule

DuceNova,

Now knowing what you have as far as TX and all, and that the LHS replaced all the servos. And all that is required is a battery. I'd said, go for the gold..

Good luck and happy flying, oh and be Safe,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 03-30-2008, 05:34 PM
jdkxtreme

I again agree with chopper..lol..The servo gears are due to a crash.But I am sure the LHS owner is a guy of his word..I would go with a 2100 ma batt..Just a few dollars more
Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 AM
bassplayinDude

Just remember, you can easily find the Blade 400 for less than $400 at many different places (I paid $380 for mine).
Old 03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DuceNova

Contact Steve Monroe from CoyoteHobbies.com and tell him Kenn referred you. He'll give you a killer offer on a B400 you can't refuse. Steve works after 1700 (5:00 PM) CST. Make the call and you won’t regret it! Take care and good luck with your B400 hunt.

Kenn
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
mydartswinger

ORIGINAL: Wolfpackin

...why so special?

Because you can do this after opening the box and charging the battery, [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr33pbxsUlQ]Video[/link].

That is awesome. Put a smile on my face after seeing the same kind of heli I just purchased fly like that. My skills leave a bit to be desired, but at least the b400 will be there for me when I'm ready.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Wolfpackin

[8D]

I know how you feel.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
mydartswinger

Finally got her up today (after having it for over a week). Got my Tx (DX7) trimmed and checked by a heli veteran, then I took the sticks and brought her up. The longest I've ever been able to fly non counter rotator (others were motor driven tails, not belt). She is SOOOO stable, that is, except for the tail wag, which I've about got worked out. Gotta charge the batt. back up and fly (should say hover) her again to make sure. I DO NOT regret buying the B400. After my experiences with motor driven tails, I was nervous just spinning up the blades to take her a couple of inches off of the ground. Once it was trimmed and checked, I got it in the air, and POOF, no more nervousness. That was even with gusts of wind blowing. I'm no expert, but I would recommend the B400 to anyone who is comfortable with hovering on a sim.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM
BASSMANGOLF

I just got my Blade 400. I have not done any hard flying but so far I am impressed. The bird seems easy enough to hover and has good control on forward flight and rear flight. Tail seems stable and plenty of power so far. I guess I will see for sure the 1st time I crash LOL. I know the CP Pro was pretty durable I put it thru some pretty hard crashes and it spun right back up, I am hoping for the same out of the 400 since I am fairly new to the sport. It is much more stable than the CP is at least for me it is much easier to hover and to move it forward I had a lot of problems flying the cp pro very far away from me I would get disoriented really easy and I dont seem to have that problem with this one. It must be the bigger size that makes it easier for me to see at a distance. Like I said no hardcore flying yet not quite ready for that but I finally believe I can do it now that I have the 400. So wish me luck in learning this wonderfull sport I have not gotten as addictied to anything since I first learned to play golf. LOL
Good luck to all and hope everyone enjoys the hobby as much as I do!!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

Welcome to the hobby and forum. Good to hear you like the B400 so much. The 400 sized helicopters are a lot of fun. I think almost everyone gets addicted to helicopters. Most people have more than one.

Nick
Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
BASSMANGOLF

There are aftermarket parts that are just now coming out for the 400. Microheli has all the aluminum stuff like the blade grips tail housing, motor block, seesaw etc. They are all suppose to be out by the end of July I just ordered some blade grips and tail grips as well as the tail boom supports in the anodised blue color like the Trex. They are made by the same company that makes parts for the Trex so the answer is yes there are upgrade parts available now for the 400. I just got mine and so far I love it plenty of power and a great throaty sound that I like better than the Trex. You can have just as good a bird for a lot less money in the long run. The only thing I have heard is you might want to upgrade the tail servo and heading lock gyro but you will still save money over the Trex with these upgrades. Good luck and hope this helps.
Mike
Old 06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
BASSMANGOLF

Thanks it has been both fun and frustrating at the same time, LOL but I am hooked for life now.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
BASSMANGOLF

I know $200 sounds cheap but if there is no radio, reciever, battery, charger, etc. I would go with the new one if you want to build one than buy the bare bones kit for $229 brand spanking new and then add the DX6i and battery, but it still comes out more than buying the new RTF version!!!! If you have a radio and reciever than I would still buy the bare bones kit new. That way you know if it has been crashed or not and that everything is in working order like it should be. Good luck and it is worth the $469 for a new but I went to ebay and got prices and then went to my local hobby shop and got him to get pretty close to the ebay price. I have been enjoying mine and I have been lucky no crashes yet knock on wood (LOL) I am sure it is just a matter of time. I cannot find any feathering spindels anywhere stock so I bought some online that are aftermarket stainless steel and I got 4 in a bag for $4.99 plus shipping so about the same price as the stock ones. This is one bad bird I can't get over how much easier it is for me to fly than the CP Pro was. I think it is just the size and being able to see it better. I am addicted to this sport now, I bought my first heli about 10 months ago and I know have 3 LOL I have the CX2, CP Pro adn now the 400.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
skl1cent

i got mine for 396
Old 07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
e-bomb

where are you finding them for under 400? my LHS has it for 489 [X(]
Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Calman2k

I purchased my Blade 400 in July. It was listed for $399. Throw a bit of the California taxes in it and it was a little over $400. Purchased it at Ultimate Hobbies in Santa Ana, CA. The staff were very good. They do have a website. I love the machine and the precision that went into the design and manufacture of the parts. The little extras (such as BL motor and mostly aluminum swash plate) are very nice. This weekend I had the chance to look at a Belt CP and hbk2. Based on the quality and size I observed, I'm very happy with the Blade 400. I've been flying planes for 10 years and flew a fixed pitch Lite Machines heli (I'm not even sure if they make these any more) and really haven't had any problems with the 400. I can hover it and go forward and backwards. Only working on different perspectives (facing left and right). Its a good machine and can't wait to wow the crowd with it when I get more proficient.