Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Upper head sheared off!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Upper head sheared off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
BryFlyGuy67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper head sheared off!

Well, there is a first time for everything! Last weekend, the wind and weather cooperated nicely for some of my favorite activities: Flying my CX2 outside! I was cruising around the yard with my old CX2, and when I made a quick turn, the Heli dropped from the sky and landed in the bed of my pickup. I killed power as quicky as I could, but apparently, the rotor head was still spinning fairly rapidly when it hit. When I went to inspect the damage, I found that the blades were undamaged, but the pins on the upper rotor head were sheared completely off. This is the stock plastic upper head.

I've never had that happen before. It turned out to be a good excuse to upgrade to the aluminum upper head, which of course prompted me to order a set of X180 motors and another LED flybar! This time, I decided to try KR Hobbies (http://www.xtremecx2.com/servlet/StoreFront), as they carry other LED colors besides red. I got the blue ones this time to go with my blue canopy and blue aluminum tail boom! [8D]

We'll see how KR does with fulfilling my order. I ordered yesterday morning and it hasn't shipped yet... Anyone out there have experience with KR?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
cx2cp+

Default RE: Upper head sheared off!

no experience with kr, but the super-high "tree incident" took out the flybar link ball and one side blade pin on the upper blades, and the opposite side pin on the lower hub, and one of the swash link pins too, so it it quite possible to break them off

i sheared off all the underside of the cp on the pickup truck tailgate - these truck beds can be dangerous!

edge
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
BryFlyGuy67

LOL! Don't I know it! It sounds like your crash was WAY more spectacular than mine.

You know, everyone here always posts videos of flights that go well. We should have a "bloopers" thread that would show pix and video of crash damage and crashes in progress! No pix of broken blades, though. The crash and subsequent damage must be spectacular!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Khatsalano

I was forced to upgrade to the aluminum upper head via a similar incident... haha.

- K
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
goldslinger

On the bloopers, You would have to edit out my Remarks on the tape.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
BryFlyGuy67

LOL!

Hey, has no one had any experience with KR Hobbies? I first learned of them on this forum, so SOMEONE must have some experience with them.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
TheMark
My Feedback: (1)

Had similar experience.

I also placed an order with KR yesterday for the first time, I hope to hear some good feedback as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
BladeWacker

I got the CX2 Sport kit from KR's with the extreme blades & flybar. They backordered the blades on me, but the rest got to me within a few days, then the blades came a couple of days after that. Ordered a couple of extra sets of those Extreme blades, just for stock, and they came in in about three days. Satisfied with them so far.

I don't know if anyone else has tried those Extreme blades, but they're tough! They've taken some wacks that would've atomized my stock blades, which I've done too many times
Old 10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Just checked KR's site and no shipment yet. Tekjunke, post back here when your stuff ships and when you receive it. I'll do the same.

I'm so impatient! I want to bling my Heli NOW!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
cx2cp+

yeah, i just called precision - they didn't ship my order out until yesterday evening, even though i ordered it last friday afternoon

oh well - i could either rebuild the blade cp yet again tonite and go over everything one more time trying to find the source of the tiny right drift, or try to watch some tv thinking about rebuilding the blade cp looking for the source of the tiny right drift

there's another one for the heli fever list: thinking of heli parts (and their interactions) at the oddest times!

edge
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
J-MICHAEL

Bry, Yeah I keep my 'blooper videos' in my secret vault....Lol... Like Gary said, there seems to be a variety of words blurted out on the vids...Family friendly....I suppose not.........
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
soloboss

I put my first video of the Falcon 40 outdoor hover on you tube - including the somewhat unceremonious ending just off camera. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vR5kC6uSpg]Falcon Blooper[/link]
It's my own personal blooper. Thank you very much.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:32 PM
cx2cp+

you're getting those tail strikes too i see

i tried a mod using some wire to make a tail guard like on the engstrom - just wrapped a bent wire around the boom and back to the tail rotor mount - worked well, but i took it back off trying to solve the listing problem she's having so no pic available

here's the engstrom version

edge
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73875.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	789210  
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: soloboss

I put my first video of the Falcon 40 outdoor hover on you tube - including the somewhat unceremonious ending just off camera. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vR5kC6uSpg]Falcon Blooper[/link]
It's my own personal blooper. Thank you very much.
Good one, Soloboss. The "off-camera oops" is a classic maneuver around my house!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:43 PM
TheMark
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

Just checked KR's site and no shipment yet. Tekjunke, post back here when your stuff ships and when you receive it. I'll do the same.

Will do, BTW: just checked and its has not shipped yet.[&o]

I'm impatient too, however I'm sitting in the hospital today with wife and our new baby boy (born this AM) that takes some of the heli-fever away. Of course I'm posting this from the hospital room so its not completely gone.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 AM
shufflez

Bry,

I've ordered parts 9 weeks ago, but those got probably lost-in-transit... Now he (Keith) resent the package last week and finally got a customsnumber which is needed to see if and when it arrives at customs here. The major downside of international ordering...

Also, even the normal postalservice has track&trace here, does USPS have that too?
Keith has been really helpfull, but it's still taking way to long. Service is good, shipment not (yet, maybe the latest one gets here fast). Michael from USHobbySupply has a new parcelservice on my 'advice'/notice. TNT is an international company (from the Netherlands ) with better transittimes and lower rates! [link]http://www.tnt.com[/link]
Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: tekjunke

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

Will do, BTW: just checked and its has not shipped yet.[&o]

I'm impatient too, however I'm sitting in the hospital today with wife and our new baby boy (born this AM) that takes some of the heli-fever away. Of course I'm posting this from the hospital room so its not completely gone.
CONGRATULATIONS to the new father!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
BryFlyGuy67

I just checked and my order still has not shipped from KR Hobbies dot COM. I just sent an e-mail asking for a shipping update. I'm curious as to how responsive he will be.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
J-MICHAEL

Lol........Meanwhile, there probably doin' a little shoppin with yer credit card info and such.......! Don't ya hate that, dealing with companies that just take there sweet time, or at least don't tell you a reasonable explanation.... [>:]
Old 10-24-2007, 01:05 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Yeah, I'm with ya. I decided to give KR a shot and we'll see what happens. I must admit that I have gotten used to the rapid shipping and service from Jamie at BoomTown.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
shufflez

KRs have been really communicative with me and helped me out solving the problem of the unbelievably long shipmenttime. I got a bit 'frustrated' about his amazing responsiveness before my order and the 'lack' of that when my order went through. Maybe he just didn't ship my order for 9 weeks (as he didn't have any shipment information other than country and weight...), although that's hard to believe. But i know he is an acquintance (how on earth do you write that?! ) of Jamie from Boomtown, so i guess he's a stand-up guy.

Propably KR's Hobbies isn't his only occupation, so understandably he can't be too commited.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Propably KR's Hobbies isn't his only occupation, so understandably he can't be too commited.
Be that as it may, I am sure that he would like his business to grow. In order to do that, he's going to need to take care of his customers; especially these days when almost anything can be sold on eBay by a guy operating a warehouse out of his garage. You have to rely on word of mouth to let others know that you are a safe person to shop with and that you're going to be satisfied when you order and after you receive your product. Coincidentally, this forum just happens to be one of those places that can really help a retailer or really hurt, depending on the customer's shopping experience...

I'm willing to give him until tomorrow to get the items out. His web site states that 'most' orders are shipped within 48 hours. By the end of the day today, he will have exceeded that.

Also, for some reason, he has split my original order into two separate orders, which suggests to me that one of the items is out of stock. I don't know that that is the case here, but if it is, that will steam me up a bit. I hate it when retailers are more than willing to take your $$ for a product they don't have. [:@] At BoomTown, the site won't LET you order a product that is not in stock unless you specifically ask to backorder something.

Jamie has set the bar pretty high. Let's see who else can reach it.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
shufflez

True that! Can't agree more. That's what ticked me of too.

My $140+ order with him is somewhere and my money nowhere to be found... PayPal disputes and setting a deadline for recalling my money did work, he responded promptly.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
rocksud17

I ordered my helicopter accessories at KR's Hobbies in September.I have never received.KR's Hobbies is not good company.They take the money and never sent items