Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HappyHelliween![sm=lol.gif]

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

HappyHelliween![sm=lol.gif]

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
PYRO513

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HappyHelliween![sm=lol.gif]

Happy Helliween To all My Friends!

Dale, "still a pyro"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50415.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	794405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85860.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	794406  
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: HappyHelliween![sm=lol.gif]

Sweet mother of )))))))))

That thing is remote controlled only to go off when the kids approach, yes?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
goldslinger

LOL ! !

That's one mean motha!

I had a pumpkin devouring a barbie doll, once, but nothing like that!

Happy Halloween.

In the spirit of the Holiday; I've been flying my little Mosquito from Radio Shack around the living room; kinda looks like a bat with the little green eyes; ore some kind of wicked insect.

I lover that little heli.

Gary
Old 10-31-2007, 10:04 PM
USHobbySupply

How is that mosquito? I was in RadioHack (I changed their slogan, from 'You have questions, we got answers' to 'You got questions, we got batteries') and saw it. You know, I almost did not walk out of there empty handed. But i resisted and left.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
goldslinger

Surprisingly resiliant, very surprisingly stable. Great cubicle office toy. I've had mine for almost a year, now. Parts are available everywhere online or at a premium at radio shack. I haven't even had to replace a blade yet.

If someone farts, it'll put it into a spin or TBE, temporarily. Has to be pretty calm; flight times after battery conditioning is around 5 minutes or so before G.E. hovering is all You can do. Charge time is 20 minutes or so.

I love that little propeller on the tail for forward or rearward motion. It is so cute. It's green eyes are menacing. It's not going anywhere fast, that's for sure.

There are copies that suck, so get the Radio Shack one. ! You want the gear drive; NOT the belt drive copy. The copies have color changing eyes, and are crap!

I've seen sellers on E-BAY represent the real deal in the picture, but You will get the color changing eye copycat.

Radio Shack is the exclusive on the original (can't remember the maker) one at the time I bought mine. I think it's the same company that makes the original 'bladerunner' , and they are fun, too. The bladerunner is what got me started in this hobby.

If a blade breaks, clear scotch tape fixes it good as new, but I havent even had to do that yet.

My Wife won't fly anything else; right now.

Gary
Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Cagedvr6

Haha the pumpkin in the 1st pic in the background looks scared for his life
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
PYRO513

I didn't plan it that way but next year I will. If anyone is interested the idea came from a book called " Extreme Pumpkins " by Tom Nardone or google extreme pumpkins.

enjoy! I had a blast last night

Dale
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
onad

I Like FIRE [sm=bananahead.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31215.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	794809  
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
soloboss

Goldslinger,
So my problem is the blinkin' eyes. I also have the little tail rotor and it sure seems that it should work. But it doesn't. I mean, I checked the thrust of the thing and it blows stuff around the table so there is obviously air movement. So why doesn't that air convert to upsetting the balance and making the heli go. Go somewhere. Go anywhere.
The tail prop/ rotor is supposed to upset the delicate balance of the heli at hover. IF it blows air, it has to. Right?
On my scale - static weight is 30.7 grams. Running the tail spinner/rotor/prop it weighs 31.8 and 29.7 in the reverse forward conditions. It's actually changes the weight of the heli on the scale by a whole gram. If we hang a 1 gram weight on the tail of our CX's it'll make the heli go backwards. Do the same to the . . . what is that thing - hang on - OK, it's an Alany indoor rc micro heli - 6" rotor and 8" long overall and it doesn't seem to care.
Back to the tail prop issue. The tail prop/rotor/spinner/paddle has no effect on the hover. But the one from Radio Shack works. Amazing. Amazing for radio shack anyhow. I paid $30 whole bucks for mine and it's barely an indoor heli. Maybe a closet heli. Or a gift to some unsuspecting neighbor.
I tried to make it go by increasing the rear blade/rotor/prop/spinner/blower by adding a second one on the same shaft. 4 surfaces are bettern' two. Then I added tape on the blades to make them 4 times a big as stock and they really blew air. Nothing.
I'm gonna cut the motor off and mount it with the rotor/blade/spinner/blower/prop vertical so it actually blows air to push the little bugger. Sumpin' gotsa work. IT just can't be this difficult.

I'm done.
Soloboss