Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Soloboss, the guide, the legend!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Soloboss, the guide, the legend!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:20 AM
stump3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soloboss, the guide, the legend!

I have read on so many posts within RCU and I have even seen mention of it on other forums our guide of guides, the holy grail of CX2 setup....the Soloboss setup and mod guide.
I for one had to voice my thanks to Soloboss for taking the time and the effort to pen such a fine piece of technical prowess! Solo your guide I think is on the verge of becoming legend.

For those that have found the guide useful sound off!

Thanks buddy I truely appreciate your help!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 AM
pf1130

Default RE: Soloboss, the guide, the legend!

This is my first post here but I too would like to thank Soloboss for his excellent guide. It has helped me immensely, a definite must read.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Wolfpackin

A copy should be in every Blade CX2 box.

Being new to the whole RC helicopter thing, it was the document that first shed light on the mysteries of these darn things.

I remember reading it the first few times and not understanding many of the fine details. But I kept going back to it as a reference and little by little it made sense and the fog cleared.

Now I know the paper almost verbatim, and because of that I'm an expert. [X(]

Thanks, Soloboss.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:50 AM
DarksideVR

First time with an RC copter. Wouldn't be flying without the guide. Thank you Soloboss.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 AM
rccrasher9
My Feedback: (1)

I have been flying airplanes for 20 years and have had several helicopters that I have been sooo tempted to fly but due to nerves only hovered then sold em[:@].... []I thought I knew how difficult it always was to fly, that I never knew how easy and how much fun they can be[8D] if you just follow some simple steps that we really don't think about due to the excitement of a new heli. After reading soloboss page[X(], I felt somewhere in all that is the key.... patience for one, HOLD back[>:], dont let it go past your level[:-]. I am now a successful beginer heli pilot doing figure eights and 360 deg nose in turns with my helis.... I dont think I would have musterd together the nuts to try this if I had not build the confidence[8D] due the the page soloboss wrote.

THANKS SOLOBOSS

Joe
Old 11-13-2007, 06:56 AM
xyster101

I agree. I have learned a lot here and Soloboss has also provided excellent advice outside his write up. Can someone post a link to the write up also?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 AM
BryFlyGuy67

What, is it sooboss' birthday or something?!!?

I must agree that his guide is top notch and should be incorporated into the CX2 manual!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
HELINTX

Here is the link to that:

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup. Hopefully that works!! Thanks again SoloBoss!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
HELINTX

Well that kinda works. Click on Main Page then "How To", scroll down and you should see it.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
stump3r

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

What, is it sooboss' birthday or something?!!?
Nope....just I'm seeing so many references to Soloboss's guide I thought it was time someone stood up and said....hey Solo....Thanks buddy!!! Some of us wouldn't be flying without you! Just wanted to take the time to say thanks for taking some of the mystery out of these damn machines.
I'm totally hooked on heli's now and for number one if it wasn't for his guide I wouldn't be here helping others and having so much fun! With that said I would also like to thank the countless others that have helped me go from hovering to forward flight! Soloboss, Shufflez, BryFlyGuy, Goldslinger, Wolfpackin, JMichael, Mrasmm, Balance, Edge, USHobbySupply....well the list goes on and on! I'm just in a giving mood I guess
Old 11-13-2007, 12:03 PM
blk822

I have the guide in my favorites so it is easy to find anytime. I am an auto tech and I have learne dwhenyou have a problem that stumps you always go back to the basics, or Soloboss' guide for helis. Thanks Solo.........
Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
evdreamer

I looked to that guide a lot when I was first starting out. I don't know where I would be without his help.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
soloboss

Man, you guys need a pill ā€“ or a life. Iā€™m just a guy who talks too much and hasnā€™t learned to keep his mouth shut when Iā€™m in over my head. (Iā€™m working on that one)
Thanks for all the kind words, but thereā€™s more to the story than you realize.

A couple of years ago through a curious series of events, we took on the responsibility of raising my wifeā€™s brotherā€™s little boy. He came to us when he was 2 years old. Suddenly, rather than making retirement plans, we are figuring how to put this boy through college in a few years. At 58 years old, my quiet and mature house has become the playground of a little kid. My wife who is many years my junior took to this like a real Mom, luckily for all of us. (sorry if this sounds bad, but MY daughter has kids older than this little guy. I expected to be done being a Dad) Anyhow, I fell into these little helicopters and found the greatest group of guys here on the forum and I was drawn in. I have nothing in common with my co-workers, but it seems that I have everything in common with you, the forum members. Finally I had the escape I needed for the times when I had enough ā€˜familyā€™.
Life has settled into a routine and life is good ā€“ but not at all what I expected for this stage of my life.

This helicopter hobby is something that the lad and I will grow into together. You being the gentlemen that you are, offer nothing to the forum that will have to be edited as he starts to read. He has the interest in mechanics and helicopters and sometimes sits on my lap at the computer and crashes all of the helicopters on the sim. Then heā€™s done and goes on about his business. But you are all here every night and we, the Collective, are growing the hobby together - and bringing along a few newbies each week.

I enjoy talking and writing so the heli paper was not a huge effort. I have my frustrations and I go back to the basics just like everyone else and Iā€™m glad I wrote it all down while it was fresh in my mind.

Honestly, it is I who owe all of you a Thank You for just being here.

Oh, and an update as long as we are way off topic. My Dad received a very good report from the surgeon following his aneurysm surgery last month. He was on the John Deere mowing and collecting leaves today, slowly ā€“ but he was out working again. And he and Mom sent a big thank you for all of the well wishes sent the day of his operation.

Mark (aka Soloboss)
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Wolfpackin

Soloboss,

I hear ya, man.

I have a wife, two boys (2&3 yrs old), two jobs, a serious flyfishing addiction and you can throw some snowboarding in during the winter. Yet, I seem to find ample time for this hobby.

It just seems that this is one of the few areas of life that I have control of and a good understanding of how things work. Even the fish don't bite sometimes.

I have at times taken people out flyfishing who have never done it before. It is quite gratifying to see someone holding their first trout on a fly rod.
Likewise, I find it very rewarding when I'm able to help someone here. Or even figure out a problem together with the Collective.

Just like you have done so many times for me and the other members.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: cporter45

Here is the link to that:

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup. Hopefully that works!! Thanks again SoloBoss!!!

you got the . in the link try this
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
soloboss

And we gotta give Balance a pat on the head for getting the whole thing to look good and posted on the Heli-Max Wiki-thingy-pedia.
And Shufflez got the paper it's very own site in Amsterdam. Truly international!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
HELINTX

All those tiny screws are hard enough for me to find!!! Can you imagine a . ?? Thanks for fixing the error though!!
C.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
mrasmm

lol, yeah no prob =)

thanks stump3r =) glad to help out how I can

solo it sounds like you've got your hands full, it sounds like you are doing a great thing, and enjoying almost every min of it (except the min's you need a break on here). I'm sure glad to have you around, you're really helped the cx2 community take off =) glad to hear your dad is back on the road towards healing =) seemingly small steps are really big in those kinds of situations, glad to hear he is doing better.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM
stump3r

Great to hear about your Dad getting back to it Solo! Tell him baby steps
I've got 3 boys to deal with 9 months, 3 years and 7 years. If you ever need some tips....PM me

Cheers,
Shane