Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

cp problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
bob40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cp problem

Can anyone tell me why my cp will sometimes spin counter clockwise on take off and sometimes it stays nice and straight? I don't touch the trim between flights it just seems to settle down on it's own.. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or any advise? thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
S!N!ST3R RC hObbys

Default RE: cp problem

My cp pro did the same thing, i had it trimmed out as far as
it would go...so i messed with the trim pot, and fixed it to an
extent, but its always gunna go one way just a bit..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
GITRDUN

Mine will usually spin one way just a bit untill the main rotor speeds up enough to counteract the tail rotor or vise versa. Your trim should be set to hold the tail at hover or flying speed, but when its sitting on the ground the main rotor isnt spinning at a high enough speed yet so the tail rotor speed is just a little off untill you wind it up and take off. It depends on how fast you increase the main rotor speed before lifting off, sometimes the tail will hold straight and sometimes it might float a little. At least thats what i have always asumed was the cause, made the most sense to me.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
cx2cp+

yep; the tail is always playing catch-up to the main rotor and trying to follow the torque - with the rotor spinning slowly there is not enough torque to set off the gyro

single rotors with tail motors all seem to have this; even the little fixed pitch's, but the belt driven tail rotor helis donzbt have the same problem

edge
Old 11-26-2007, 09:41 PM
bob40

thanks for the info.it's nice to know mine isn't the only one..