Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Question about Direct drive tail and G90 gyro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Question about Direct drive tail and G90 gyro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:31 PM
butters149

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Direct drive tail and G90 gyro?

hello, im fairly new to the rc helicopter world, ive been flying co-axial rotor helo's like the cx2 and walkera, but its time i moved onto the blade cp pro. Anyways I was just wondering whats the point of doing the direct drive tail mod and what exctly does the G90 gyro do?
Old 12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
flyinsolo11

Default RE: Question about Direct drive tail and G90 gyro?

The G90 is a Heading Hold Gyro. It is an awesome buy- well worth the price. The Heading Hold capability is so that no matter what input you do with the cyclic, it will maintain the same heading- unless you move it with the rudder.

I am a beginner too, and I just put her on my CPP, and am astonished with the turn out. It makes learning SO much easier.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:50 PM
butters149

ooo ok, so it makes the heli more stable? kinda like the cx2?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:16 PM
flyinsolo11

I never flew the CX2, but I imagine it is probably similar. The G90 completely eliminates the yaw force, and youo dont need to keep such a close eye on it. It helps a great deal in the learning process.

Sorry I cant give you any info on the direct drive- I am kinda curious about that myself, actually.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
mrasmm

the direct drive just has more power than the stock tail setup and will last about twice as long =)

if you decide to go with it I have a real good link where you can get the setup plus two blades for 10 bucks w/out the tail and 13 bucks with and $3 shipping.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:10 PM
butters149

mind sharing the link mate? heh, i was reading somewhere and i heard that it overheats the 3-in-1? also what about those ducted fan setups?

I also found this link wehre the guy sells this plug and play wire that supposedly fixed the problem with the stock tail motor going out. http://bladecp.corocks.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 01:15 PM
butters149

i also bought the plastic flat blades, and the super skids, and aluminum tail booms, i did my research heh, how hard would it be to install the tail boom? ive also been readin that alot of ppl ditch this heli and got the trex or HBK belt cp. i hope im not wasting my money.

My past experience with single rotor heli's have been pretty eery, i started off with the EF Sabre Heli from hobbypeople.net and couldnt get that thing to fly right. Then CX2 which was fun, now im goin back to single rotor. Ive spent some time on the G3.5 simulator too, but im still havin trouble hovering or landing it =/. I plan on going through the RADD school first and try to learn without using the G90 gyro first.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
mrasmm

try this one
http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=showitem&sku=8605

or this one
http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=showitem&sku=8549

nope, it wont blow the 3 in 1 unless you crash. They usually draw about 2 amps compared to the stock 0.91A. You'll just want to put a fuse on them. I have an article on how to do that here
http://www.heli-wiki.com/mediawiki/i..._Wiki_Fuse_Mod
Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
mrasmm

oh, about the ducted fan units, they work fine if you aren't gona do anything 3D, there are a bunch that will draw as much as the main motor though and not give that much thrust. There is a 3 bladed model that is good and a 5 bladed model that is also good. There are probably 7 or 8 3, 4, or 5 bladed models. You also want to look at overall weight and thrust as well. Something around 70g or higher is where you want to be
Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
butters149

another question i have is i heard the main shaft bends easily? i saw this upgrade but there are two shafts, i dont know which one to get. there is the main shaft with the autorotation gear? i dont knwo what that does, and there is the feather shaft, should i get both?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
cx2cp+

the blade cp is a great little plastic 300-size heli with a motorized tail - the further away you get from that concept, the more you approach something like the hdx300 se, a metal and fiberglass 300-size heli with belt tail drive

direct drive is one solution to the problem of the tail, so is belt drive upgrade from the hdx300, or just going up to the hdx300 totally (brushless, etc)

still thinking about it, but i'm leaning more toward the hdx300 arf and moving the electronics over from the cp
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
butters149

coo i just ordered direct tail kit, g90 gyro, microheli gear and shaft, and micro heli spindle shaft, AC adapter, and megapowr 1320 lip battery from eboyztoyz.