Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Lot of sparks

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lot of sparks

I only could fly for a few seconds on a full battery so I new something was wrong. Then I saw sparks coming from my Xtreme motors. The silver brushes are completely worn out and the brush holder was rubbing on the inner part of the motor. OOOPS. I was keeping a flight times on the new brushes and I got 79 flights and a little over 9 hours of flight. Next time I will know better. Hope this helps anybody else not to repeat my mistake.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Kamov

Default RE: Lot of sparks

that almost happened to me one motor on one side of the carbon brushe after 3 months of daily 1 hr use
then heli got 2~3 minutes flight time and seemed erratic and i knew
the brushe on one motor did contact the metal holder.
replaced the brushes and she's like new now.

yes i did notice more sparks on that motor should have paid more attention.
also i did not break in the motor brushes

the next brush set i did. hope fully that helps keep the wear down on
the commutator as well.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 AM
eat2muchrice

Default RE: Lot of sparks

Good thing you mentioned this cause I just checked my silver brushes and they look almost gone. Its only been a month [] I fly about 2-3 times a day. So I would say about 60-90 flights. I did do a nice breakin
So if Kamov is getting about 90 hours on carbon vs our 9-10 hours on silver, thats a HUGE difference.
I'm still ordering more silver brushes +extras and more, they do provide better power and give the motors communicater a nice coat of silver.