Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

bad control problem help please!

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

bad control problem help please!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
nsane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad control problem help please!

I have been flying all weekend. Gone through a couple blades but no real bad crashes. I started having a vibration and then I could not get off the ground it pitches Left and Foward even with the trim full back and full rt. I can get it in the air if I compensate with the sticks but it wants to yaw left and go foward. With the trims centered it will just flip its self upside down as soon as you raise the throttle. I did put a new inner shaft in and fly bar on as i thought theese were the cause of the vibration. Turns out it was blade ballance the vibration is basicaly gone but it still will not fly. It is not turning (tail rotor) but actually trying to fly foward and lt (if i hold the rt stick back and rt it will fly but it is dificult especially for a beginner.) Any help would be great. Also how tight do you want the gear mesh?

Thanks
Scott
Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: bad control problem help please!

Is your swashplate level? That sounds like the problem with having to compensate with trim. You should almost be able to fly hands off with the trim centered. You want the gears right in the middle of each other. Is your upper blades tracking in the same plane?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
nsane

Upper blades are tracking straight. The mesh should be right i was just curious. this heli is only 3 days old. I have ben searching how do you check and level the swash plate and how would it get out of adjustment? out of the box it would hoover hands off in the living room now i can barely get off the ground.

scott

Just an added note. This has been getting progressivly worse. first it just wanted to drift foward and i was slowly trimming it back to keep it level then it started drifting lt and progressivly got worse. Also my left and right is from the back just like i was flying.

scott
Old 01-06-2008, 06:49 PM
evdreamer

I just eyeball it. I first take the pushrods off the swashplate then I level the swashplate so front to back is level and right to left is level. Then turn the transmitter on then off to get the servos in the center position. Then I adjust the pushrods to the height of the ball joints on the swashplate. Then I test fly it to see if it drifts then I raise or lower the pushrod a half a turn if it needs it. I don't really know any thing else to help you. Sorry.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
nsane

Finally fixed the problem and figured I would let everyone know what I found. I finaly got mad and tore the whole thing down and when I got to the swash plate fount out that it had seperated the upper and lower half came appart! Didn't want to worry about that again and put in the aluminum one and it hovers and flys better than new!

Scott
Old 01-09-2008, 12:10 AM
evdreamer

It always seems nothing is easy in this hobby. I think thats why I enjoy it so much. Congradulations on finding the problem.