Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX 2 spins countere clockwise

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX 2 spins countere clockwise

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
JoieC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX 2 spins countere clockwise

Hi,

This is my first time asking a question on the forum. I'm new to electric helicopters (I flew real helicopters for ten years in the Army and I've flown nitro RC planes for several years). I have flown the CX2 twice a day for the past two month, it's been great until today. After a crash, the CX2 won't stop spinning to the left. Even with full rudder (left stick) and trim it still slowly spins to the left.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Vistralan

Default RE: CX 2 spins countere clockwise

it is possible that you bent a shaft, is there any oscillation in the shafts? another possibility is a bad blade is throwing you off (stock blades are notoriously for this) other things to check are the gear meshes (might be a couple missing teeth) I'm sure there are other things that could be wrong but those are what I can think of off the top of my head
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
JoieC

There's a slight wobble in the upper rotor, I check it out to see if the shafts bent, Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Wolfpackin

A CCW yaw usually indicates a problem with the upper rotor/inner shaft assembly or the motor that drives it.

Check that the upper screws of the lower head are not screwed in to far and rubbing on the inner shaft.
Check the gear mesh of the bottom gear. Make sure it is not too tight or stripped.
Check upper tracking and blades.
Check the motor and spin the upper rotor by hand and feel for binding in that motor or shaft.
Since this is a post crash problem it could be that the 4(3) in 1 is fried if you didn't cut throttle immediately.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
JoieC

Thanks, took everything apart and made sure that all the screw were tight. I also replaced the lower blades, they were dinged up a little. It seems to be back to normal.

Thanks again

JoieC
Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
TheTruckingGuru

Things get messed up pretty bad when you crash the CX2. Always inspect before flying again to make sure you don't cause further damage to gears etc.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:40 PM
rm25x

I am having the same problem now. I replaced the lower blade mount, installed a motor heat sink, and now when I throttle up, it will start to lift then start spinning badly. Everything feels like its spinning smooth. Can't see anything bent. I am running the Xtreme hard blades that don't have any knicks or anything. It didn't crash hard to break the bottom blade mount, just landed a little hard and broke one of the **** off. Guess I will tear it all back down and see what the issue is.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
rm25x

Yeah... I am a moron. Had the motors plugged into the wrong spots (left where right goes, right where left goes), so the gyro was spooling up the wrong one. Switched them around and now it flies fine. Wish I would have thought about that before re-building it 10 times...