Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 propo-pot range of adjustment???

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 propo-pot range of adjustment???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
RMG2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 propo-pot range of adjustment???

Has anyone beisdes me noticed that the Proportional Mixer Pot on the CX2 does not function over the full range of adjustment? We have two CX2's at my house and both function the same with regard to the motor speed mixers.

Only the center 90-degrees of the pot has any actual influence over the motors. In other words, if you turn the pot to it's stop at either end of the 270-degree range of movement then turn it back 50% (center), the actual function range is only about 45-degrees either side of center. If you turn the pot either direction past the center range of adjustment then no further adjustment is actually applied to the motors.

Hope that was clear enough to explain what I am asking???
Old 01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CX2 propo-pot range of adjustment???

I am making some electronics and I was experimenting with potentiometers. I noticed that the cheap ones for part of it's range it doesn't do much then the values jump really high at the end of the range in a short distance. Then I have some more expensive ones and the values change the same amount through the whole range. I think they use cheaper potentiometers on the 3 in 1 and 4 in 1 to keep the cost down. I spent four dollars on one of my potentiometers.