Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400 battery flight times

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400 battery flight times

Old 01-16-2008, 05:28 PM
wsdepa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400 battery flight times

Hey all you B400 pilots. I have just got mine and have flown three batteries. I expected to get 8 or 9 minutes of flight time on the stock battery (1800 ma)like I did with the CPP ( 800 ma). My power seems to die after about seven minutes. I noticed that the timer was factory set on the DX6 at 4:30. Are you really only susposed to get 4:30 minutes of flight time?
What have you guys been getting with the stock batteries. Also, who is flying any other batteries and what are your flight times.
Thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Torquestar

Default RE: B400 battery flight times

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone posted up some times for the 1800 mAh battery and the 2100 mAh battery. I believe the 1800 got about 6 minutes and the 2100 got about 7 minutes. That's with mild flying. Anything fancy and it drops down to like 4-5 minutes or so. That's why the timer is set to around 4:30 on the TX.

Also, by letting the battery hit the voltage cutoff, you're shortening the life of the battery. If your flying style isn't going to change for awhile, you could bump up your timer to 6 minutes or so and then stop. But if you notice it's dying sooner, then set your timer lower. That way you don't over-discharge the battery.

I picked up a couple 2100 mAh E-Flite LiPos and they work just fine with the Blade 400... and they're immediately available (unlike the 1800 which is not I believe). I didn't feel like ordering another brand and having to worry about soldering on a new connector to mate with the connector on the B400.

ORIGINAL: wsdepa

Hey all you B400 pilots. I have just got mine and have flown three batteries. I expected to get 8 or 9 minutes of flight time on the stock battery (1800 ma)like I did with the CPP ( 800 ma). My power seems to die after about seven minutes. I noticed that the timer was factory set on the DX6 at 4:30. Are you really only susposed to get 4:30 minutes of flight time?
What have you guys been getting with the stock batteries. Also, who is flying any other batteries and what are your flight times.
Thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
evdreamer

I have noticed about after 10-20 flights the batteries start to last longer. You might also have a tight belt or gears.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
knobbyknees73
My Feedback: (7)

For sure. I recently went all through my Blade 400 and serviced all the bearings, lubed the tail rotor shaft and all pivots, etc. The stock battery lasted another minute, and the heli was quieter/flew better. I bought a couple of those Zippy lipo 1800's and they last about 8 min with mild aerobatics. However, when my E-flite battery won't fly anymore, the voltage is still at 10.7 volts or so, and the Zippy lipo gets down to 10.0 volts.