Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

3 cell lipo on cx2 3-in-1?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

3 cell lipo on cx2 3-in-1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
MasterMechainc5
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 cell lipo on cx2 3-in-1?

hey whats up, I just got my cx2 a little wile ago and i want longer run times so i ordered two cheap 1500mah 3cell lipos off ebay the price was right so i went for it. Anyways i have two options im either going to build a voltage regulator to lower the voltage to around 7.5-8v or just run the packs the way it is. I have read that people are running 3 cell lipos with the older 4-in-1 units mostly with success but has any one tried it with the 3-in-1 units there putting in the CX2s ? As long as i can get away with it with out blowing up my 3-in-1 i would rather just run the 3 cell with no reg because that will add weight and then i have to make it lol

Thanks for any help,
Tom

by the way check out the deal i got on these lipos [8D]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120210967827
Old 01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: 3 cell lipo on cx2 3-in-1?

I think people went away from using the 4 in 1 because it is not meant to handle that voltage. I think the 3 in 1 is the same as the CP PRO and that uses 11.1 Volts. I think there is a couple of people using the 3 in 1 with a 11.1V.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 PM
MasterMechainc5
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: 3 cell lipo on cx2 3-in-1?

I already checked that out, Unfortunately the 3-in-1 thats used in the cx2 is differnt from the cp pro / cp+ so it is probly not rated for the 3 cell lipo