Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 Tips Needed Before Takeoff

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 Tips Needed Before Takeoff

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:00 PM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Tips Needed Before Takeoff

Just got it but need to make training gear as they don't sell it. After working and hovering the CP Pro is there anything I should do or know before I try to hover this. Any setting I should change before the first hover? Battery wouldn't charge using the unit that came with it and my power supply even though is 12+ volts and 3 amps was running the charger and the charger to go off and on. Hooked to the car battery and tried a small 12v battery and it worked fine on both. My Triton jr. is charging it using the same power pack it wouldn't work with and doing fine. The Charger must be an area they saved a little on. Anything I should know before takeoff? Thanks Ron
Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: Blade 400 Tips Needed Before Takeoff

Check to make sure the servos are working and in the right direction. Check how level the swashplate is. If there is any screws that go into metal check to see if they have locktite. Check how the blades track. Check if there is any binding. If you here any bad noises from the servos at their endpoints lower their travel until the sound goes away. Hope that helps. Enjoy flying.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
wsdepa

Use the CP training gear, it works fine. You can tighten it up with zip ties, but I did not bother and it works fine.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
AngryAnalCanal

You may also want to set the gyro to 70% for I have found the tail to drift really bad and Ive have seen many others with this same issue also you can go up to 73% and as high as 75% for forward and backward flight 70% works well for hover. hope this is helpful HAPPY FLYING!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 PM
darticus

AngryAnalCanal
Any chance you could explain how this is done? The manual seems awful confusing. Thanks Ron
Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
cb750k7

Mine flew right out of the box. Didn't even have to adjust any trims on the Tx. I might lower the gyro gain as there was a little bit of tail wag in normal mode, but it went away in idle-up. I should have used training gear because my only other CP experience is about 6 battery packs on an Esky King V2. But I thought "what the heck" and went for it. No problems at all. Very nice and stable, even with some wind. I switched to idle-up just to see what happens, but usually keep it in normal mode since I'm just starting. Welcome to the club and let us know how it goes!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
darticus

I now have the CX2, CP Pro, and the B400. Now if I could do something other than hover i'd be ok. Maybe soon. Thanks Ron
Old 01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
cb750k7

ORIGINAL: darticus

I now have the CX2, CP Pro, and the B400. Now if I could do something other than hover i'd be ok. Maybe soon. Thanks Ron
Can you hover in all (upright) orientations on the CX2? How about circuits and figure 8's? Use that CX2 to push your envelope!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
darticus

The CX2 I fly around the house. The CP Pro just hover in a small room. The 400 haven't try yet. Need training gear. Ron
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: AngryAnalCanal

You may also want to set the gyro to 70% for I have found the tail to drift really bad and Ive have seen many others with this same issue also you can go up to 73% and as high as 75% for forward and backward flight 70% works well for hover. hope this is helpful HAPPY FLYING!!!
Hmm thats weird at 66% on idle up mode mine wags meaning the gyo is too high. It depends on the location is what I am getting at, to Angry, it is one of the menus on the transmiter, try it out first and see if it is ok.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
AngryAnalCanal

yeah at 66% percent my walked all over the place and then I spoke with a few folks and they told me that they increased the gyro gain and then that cleared up the issues I even went as far as contacting E-flite because when I bought mine just before christmas the feathering shaft was bent right out of the box and I had horrible wobble as I spooled up. I also read that part of the delay with the release of the heli was in part due to the Gyro giving them issues so even upon buying the heli I was prepared for the worst but like the rest here the more helis in the hanger the merrier.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 PM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Here are a few tips to add to the others. Check ALL the screws mine had lots of them lose everywhere. The Main Blades where not even close to balanced. The flybar was 1/16 inch off center. My battery had a bad cell. Check yours maybe thats why the charger is having fits. AND THE REALL BUTT KICKER IS THE RADIO WILL NOT LINK TO THE RECIVER. Now that sucks. I'm going back to my local hobby shop where I got it and we are going to swap out a reciver and see if that fixs the problem. Looks like I got a real lemon. She will fly with a little work
Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
AngryAnalCanal

Well Lazy Im glad to see that Im not the only one with the lemon but I agree with you that once you do a little work the Heli flies great like I said in an earlier post I actually changed out all servos and am still deciding if I want to change the gyro to the 401 I have an extra one that I bought for my B400 but I may just keep it around and Im contemplating a Gaui 200 but still have not decided yet.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:58 PM
AngryAnalCanal

ORIGINAL: darticus

AngryAnalCanal
Any chance you could explain how this is done? The manual seems awful confusing. Thanks Ron
on the transmitter push the roller wheel and scroll down to Gyro and push the wheel again to enter the Gyro mode
Now that your in the gyro mode you will see 1:66% or so and 2:64.5% or so and then there will be an arrow that shows what position your gyro switch is in 0 is up 1 is down
next scroll over 0 or 1 and push the roller wheel again and the value will highlight
now scroll the wheel to your desired % and then press the wheel to enter it and scroll to the 2nd position and click to change its value
when done scroll up to list click the wheel
then scroll up to main and click the wheel
and now your back on the main screen ready to roll just write the values you had it previous just in the event you want to go back later the programming is pretty easy once you get the hang of it there are so typos and some confusing instructions in the guide but the dx6i guide is pretty good just make sure your in the heli set up section
Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
darticus

Thanks that will help a lot. Will try to fly on factory settings first. Thanks Ron