Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 pics and video

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM
DickyT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 pics and video

My stock motors bombed out on Saturday so I picked up the Extreme 180's. They are noticeably more powerful.
I also added indestructible skids, a boomtownhobbies v3 boom and motor heatsink.

Video footage from 1st 3 flights after trimming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXSMl5HyKg

Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
bonsaidude

Default RE: CX2 pics and video

Looks sharp! Did you find the Xtreme motors to be quieter? That is one of the claims I've heard.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
DickyT

Thanks. No they are not quieter, louder if anything. Alot more power and they run cool. 119 f after 10 mins of flight, battery @ 96 f. same results 6 flights in a row. Piro speed is much faster though!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Big Green Machine

Is that the stock reciever that comes with the newest CX2s or is that a mod?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 AM
DickyT

It is the stock rx form the cx2's rather nice for a small heli and synthesized!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am wondering if that is the stock heatsink you have on there. I am running pretty much the same setup but haven't added the lower rotor holder or the metal bearing cup all of which was purchased from boomtown hobbys also. I originally bought the Cf tail boom and unbreakable skids about 8 months ago.
I am also running the Dynam vortex inner and outer shaft as well as flybar. Nice cheap lil upgrade (parts cost total was like 11 bucks) and definately made mine much smoother as well as reduced the chances of blade clack. Moved the servo links out one hole on the servo arms as well.
Anyone know if the stock heatsink is compatible with the Xtremes?

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
DickyT

that is the e-flite heatsink, fits the extremes just as it did the stockers. I'm going to upgrade the blades and central core eventually. other irons on the fire right now though
Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: DickyT

It is the stock rx form the cx2's rather nice for a small heli and synthesized!
It's from the newest batch of CX2s released this fall. Before that the rx was integrated into the 4 in 1. Now it's a 3 in 1 with the reciever box sperate. Functionality wise it is the same 2.4 ghz spectrum dsm, it's just nice that it is seperate now and they are actually using the AR6100. Slowly but surely they are making it a better and better package.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
goldslinger

Nice looking heli, there.

I like the ventilated canopy You did.

The XTREME motors don't have that 'piney whiney' sound that the stock motors do; and should be quieter if broken in properly.

The silver brushes last almost as long as the carbons and will give You noticeabley more power; and they aren't as hard on the commutator meaning Your XTREME'S will last longer.

If they are louder, and don't seem as powerful, then You might want to check pinion to main gear depth, there should be the tiniest amount of backlash on all 4 quadrants of the main (rotate the main gear, as they are never perfectly round) and there have been on rare occasions, where the stock heatsink pulls the motor cans apart too much at the top and causes mis-alignment on the gear mesh.

If You notice premature main gear wear, then grind down the fins on the inside of each side of the heatsink slightly; and they will fit more like stock motors do.

If You add alot more CNC to your heli, meaning blade grips, xtended head, etc. then I would lose the heatsink altogether and save 3 Grams. You will need it; and the XTREMES run cooler anyway with the vented cap. I hesitated losing mine though, because it looks so cool!

Gary
Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 PM
DickyT

I think I'm done with CNC hopups. I'm going to add the extreme core v2.0 from bladecx2.com and some stiff blades.

The motors have alot more lift that the stock ones, maybe the extra noise I'm hearing is from the rotors. I fly in a very small room as you can see in the video, and the whole heli just seemed a bit louder after installing them. I do not have a decibel meter though. Before I even flew for for the 1st time I checked the gear mesh, it is spot on. at no time does it get tight. i used the same paper method I use for checking mesh on my trucks, but a longer strip to make sure I got a full rotation.

The 3 grams I gained in heatsink I lost in tail weight. My next upgrade will be stiff blades, the Xtreme core v2.0 and some better batteries.

Where is a good place to get better batteries? my LHS only carries stockers.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
goldslinger

You can get better batteries almost anywhere on the net.

The XTREME motors love a higher 'c' rated battery anyway.

Don't get anything lower than 15 C. 18 to 22 is better. I run 22c's and it has the pepper to get Me out of trouble instead of bogging down and crashing in tight manuevers.

Gary
Old 01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
hollywood54

That is the coolest cx2 i have ever seen. Really nice job, if they came like that they would sell like crazy. Guns and roses nice touch you got some skills dude.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 PM
DickyT

Thanks man. It is coming along. My skills still have a long way to go, but i'm more than comfortable flying around in small areas now. I've only been flying since x-mas.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
goldslinger

http://image2-6.rcuniverse.com/e1/ga.../lg-120190.jpg

Here's how I ventilated My canopy using Nylon mesh.

You can barely see it in the pic.

On this one, I just cut an oval hole

http://image2-6.rcuniverse.com/e1/ga.../lg-125614.jpg

Gary
Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
hollywood54

Wow Goldslinger, That black one is jacked up.I think the only thing i would change is to spin the vertical fin down just to look more the the single rotor heli's.But that's just one man's opinion.Great job!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:27 PM
DickyT

very nice looking helis goldslinger. The black one is sweet!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
xyster101

Nice work on the heli. Get the Xtreme parts from www.boomtownhobbies.com or ushobbysupply.com Both will carry DN batteries for the CX which are cheaper ($18) and have more power then the stocks. They also have all the Xtreme parts you will need for the future.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
xyster101

After watching your video, it appears your gear mesh might be too tight. You should be able to take a small piece of copy paper, fold it in half and put it through the gears and get a crinkle in the paper. My upper blades spin about 10-15 revolutions after i chop the throttle. Good flying though. Check out these:

Neat flying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLK_2x3BR8

Mods I did, including the laser mod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7GZc8LM-dE

Old 01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

Heres my blade!!!!!THE MUSIC SUCKS THOUGH LOL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOhLW9O_Li4&feature=related
Old 01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
DickyT

I'm familiar with the paper method. I've been using it in my trucks for years. I checked the mesh before flight and it is fine. I think it has to do with new motors and the much stronger magnets in the extremes as opposed to the factory can. My blades spun alot more after throttle down prior to the motor change.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
hollywood54

Max Great job! I love the flying though house great control. Way to go dude you da bomb.....
Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
hollywood54

Captain Ed you win best looking cx2. Man all you guys rock but captain ed's is just to cool.The colors the fake tail rotor man really nice.Man i want one of those bad boy's i think you guy's just pushed me over the top.Very cool all of them.....[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-21-2008, 06:14 PM
DickyT

nice flying! I watched a few of your vids. I hope to get my skills there some day. you make it dance around the room. the music does need a little help though lol
Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
soloboss

When you get into precision flying and start flying at low altitude and backing up you will find that it hooks on stuff. Then you'll turn it upward.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks guys,That was two back in november i need to make a new one,the music SUCK NEXT TIME NO MUSIC.LOL