Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:23 PM
eat2muchrice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this?

Every time I inspect my CX2 it has this white dust buildup in the screw on battery tray. Its always just on that on screw. I don't have stickers on my batteries, pulled them all off and there is nothing white on my helicopter except the servo arms and gears. I don't see or hear anything part rubbing or scrathing. I'm totally at a loss, its been like this ever since i've got it. I'll clean it out and after a couple of flights and its all back again. So does anyone else have this problem? I never thought much about and thought it was a common thing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29515.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	861564  
Old 01-26-2008, 01:50 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: What is this?

I don't have a CX2, but my guess would be it's coming from the gears of the inner and outer shafts, they do wear. And that could be the results of normal wear on them, fine shaving or dust.

Dave
Old 01-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Drewed

Hmm, time to dust your house? LOL

As fine as that dust is, even black from the gear could look white. Is it just that one screw? or all of them in the battery try?
Old 01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
eat2muchrice

Its just that one screw! ???? It can't be from the gears, Those are black and couldn't wouldn't shouldn't turn into almost pure white shavings. If I sand away at an old broken grear the dust is still black.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Drewed

ok, just for fun swap that screw with one of the other gear screws. See if the dust follows the screw or location.

Oh hey, your xtreem stuff - was it originally white? Perhaps the top of the landing gear is rubbing on the lower gear or something?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
eat2muchrice

yes, I'm going to have to mark one of the screws and switch them to see what happens. As for my xtreme boom, its been painted and I've done a therow check, but none of the paint has been scratched or chipped. It has also done this before my xtreme tail.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 PM
soloboss

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone I told you this. Never ever repeat what I'm about to tell you.
I know what the deal is. It's the 'little people'. If they know that you know about them they'll break your helicopter, so pretend like you don't know a thing. Just fly and then vacuum out the screw.
But I'm telling you, it's the little people.
They're everywhere!
Oops, shhhhhh.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
choppersrule

Solo,

You really got me LOL on that one. Now that's thinking out of the box. (Where is Fort Wayne,)

Dave
ORIGINAL: soloboss

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone I told you this. Never ever repeat what I'm about to tell you.
I know what the deal is. It's the 'little people'. If they know that you know about them they'll break your helicopter, so pretend like you don't know a thing. Just fly and then vacuum out the screw.
They're everywhere!
Oops, shhhhhh.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:53 AM
eat2muchrice

ORIGINAL: soloboss

They're everywhere!
Oops, shhhhhh.
I'm going to spread white power around my helicoper before I go to sleep tonight, if I see little tiny footprints in it tomarrow morning then ooooooo I'm going to bust out the RAID! can. Mess with my heli will they!