Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Loop and Crash...

Old 01-27-2008, 08:39 PM
lemmerjo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loop and Crash...

Hi,
I tried to do a loop today with my CP Pro, and it didnt go very well. After my first attempt, I should have stopped since the tail turned 180 degrees during the loop.

I have played with the gain on my G 90, but it just doesnt want to hold..plus im using all brushless...any thoughts would help out.

Damage:
-main shaft/gear
-spindle
-servo
-tail blade
-bell hiller blade holder
-bent flybar
-landing skid

Considering that it hit some tree branches and landed in snow, there was MUCH more damage than the tie it went full tilt, full headspeed into gravel.

Any ideas on how to help the tail hold would be great...thanks Joe
Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: Loop and Crash...

Loop and Crash was actually a name consideration for the CPP . I had the same problem with mine, I didn't feel like pouring money into it so I bought a Trex. Mine didn't have the power that I wanted to pull over the top and when I pushed in negative collective it reacted really weird and the tail spun. I have since banished it to night flight. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
lemmerjo

Thanks nitrohog,

I have a T-Rex, but I am afraid to try anything with it yet. I have gotten to a point on the sim where flying inverted and loops, rolls, and all that fun stuff is as easy as hovering. Have you tried a loop with your T-Rex...if so, how did it go compared to the CPP?

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
nitrohog

I only have 5 flights on the Trex 4 of just hovering in all orientations so far and have not looped it yet. I finally got to really push it in FFF and sharp truns, piros, hurricanes, etc. yesterday and I can tell you that it outperforms the Blade like I couldn't believe. If I can get a few packs trough it tomorrow and get the nerve up to try something new Ill report back. BTW mine is a 450SEV2 with hs65mg's, 401, and 9650.
Edit: sorry, freezing rain here with 30 knots gusting to 50 knot winds expected. No loops today with the Rex[].
Old 01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
lemmerjo

Are there any recommendations on what would be some good things to try with my blade? I can fly backwards, forwards, and some really fast forward flight...would a front flip be easier than a loop? or a roll maybe??

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
nitrohog

I actually started with stall turns, the tail is... well you know but I actually didn't have a lot of problems with them. I'm just getting started into aerobatics with the helis so I really don't know what to tell you other than practice on the sim. I would think ff rolls would be easier because the tail should stay put better.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
lemmerjo

nitrohog,

I just got in about 5 minutes ago from flying my CPP, and I have never liked that thing rhis much. After my failed attempt at a loop last week, I fixed the heli, and tweaked it better than it has been tweaked, and it payed off. I did 2 somewhat FF rolls, without even coming close to crashing!

Are you running brushless? and what gyro do you have?

Joe
Old 02-03-2008, 09:09 PM
nitrohog

GREAT! I'm happy for you. I have the stock 4in1 and the stock brushed motor. I simply decided to buy a Rex when I got to this point and it is working out well for me. I hope that my advice helped you out, if it did my time here has been well spent. Hopefully I can get out next week, but the weather report looks grim. Living in Illinois is so overrated[:'(].