Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Keep anything that rotates LIGHT on the CX2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Keep anything that rotates LIGHT on the CX2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep anything that rotates LIGHT on the CX2

I've been experimenting with various parts for the CX2. Recently removed the aluminum lower unit the lower blades attach to and replaced with a stock plastic unit. MAJOR improvement in vertical acceleration in my opinion. Heli feels peppy again. I also made sure blades were matched evenly and balanced.

I'd be very cautious to add weight to anything with rotational mass.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 AM
H3li

Default RE: Keep anything that rotates LIGHT on the CX2

I have ALL of the eFlite Blue anodised Aluminium Hop-Ups installed, on my CX2.
Also recently fitted the Boomtownhobbies M3 Carbon Tail Boom and Skid sets.

I have to say that my CX2 has never felt so agile, and so much more sensitive to input.
This is great, however requires more attention flying indoors (with a smaller space to move around - just small stick movements are all that it needs).

I put this down to greater precision that the Alu upgrades offer. They produce less movement/play in the components, leading to a more precise flight.

(note Im still running with stock eFlite batteries and motors).
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
eat2muchrice

Make yourself a carbon fiber shaft.

Eat2muchrice’s Carbon Fiber outer shaft
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6832682/tm.htm
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
ViperRR

Hey Bijan,
CF shafts & tubes are on their way.
Vipe
Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
RMG2

ORIGINAL: Bijan999

I've been experimenting with various parts for the CX2. Recently removed the aluminum lower unit the lower blades attach to and replaced with a stock plastic unit. MAJOR improvement in vertical acceleration in my opinion. Heli feels peppy again. I also made sure blades were matched evenly and balanced.

I'd be very cautious to add weight to anything with rotational mass.
I agree completley. I've preached this same concept in various threads but I have learned that some folks just are not happy unless they have all the "bling" they can get on their helis Nothing wrong with that, "each to their own" it's the American way. But, when the facts are weighed, basic physics rule the debate. Adding weight to your heli without adding extra power results in reduced performance capability, slower response, and less run time per charge. So, if you add weight AND add more power (motors/batts) have you really improved performance, or just got back to where the performance was in stock form?

No doubt this debate will continue, and I am so glad it will. Think about how boring it would be if we all had the same CX2's/V4's
Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Bijan999

Thanks Viper, I appreciate it!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Bijan999

ORIGINAL: ViperRR

Hey Bijan,
CF shafts & tubes are on their way.
Vipe
Oh, I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out and report back on the progress. This sounds like a great idea!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
H3li

I had upgraded my CX2 with all the Aluminium parts for durability, reliability and importantly PRECISION - My CX2 feels during flight ALOT more agile and less "sloppy", as the Alu parts allow for less "play" compared to OE plastic.

At the same time, I agree my Heli is now probably slightly heavier.
But I also see this as positive, as taking the CX2 outside is a bit more predictable, and less likely to be pushed around by the wind.

In this 'custom' state, by adding Extreme 180 motors and a more powerful battery, isnt to justify/"fix" the extra weight (of all the upgraded items). Uprated Motors/Battery will add to the control and responsiveness of my bird - also enhancing the whole flying experience.

I dont think there will be a performance comparison between mine and a stock "plastic" CX2, with the added motors & battery. Two totally different birds.

Heck, a B-2 Stealth Bomber weighs 158,000 lb's UNARMED - Thats not exactly light either, but its still one of the most extreme planes in the world !!!!! ...nuff said.