Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:52 PM
PSXBatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Purchase

I am thinking to buya blade 400, I currently have a AXE CP. I can fly the Axe with relative profeciency so I was thinking to move on to a T-REX 450 SE V2 but I saw the Blade 400 and the Blade 400 price and I started to have second thoughts on buying the 450.

How does the 400 fly compared to the Axe CP that I am currently flying? Other than the obvious advantage of spectrum radio and its tail being belt driven what are the advatages to upgrading to the blade 400 vs. just upgrading my Axe? Is the blade 400 similar in quality to the T-Rex 450 product? I love that it is RTF and that it basically comes with a spectrum DX6i, it almost feels like you are buying the radio and electronics and it comes with a heli frame for free

I want a heli that will last me, be not so expensive to repair, and basically just be able to fly on weekends. I don't do much 3D, i basically just fly around and lose myself in flight.. my get away from it all moment if you will.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Big_Daddy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Blade 400 Purchase

I'm sure that all the T-rex owners will chime in to point out that a comparison between the B400 and anything with an "Align" sticker on it is tantamount to blasphemy.

I went from a BCX2 directly to a B400 for many of the reasons you cited. Great price point for someone to get into helis.

The trex is a beutiful machine. I'd love to own one. I simply wasn't willing to fork over $1,200 or more for my first 400 size heli.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
xyster101

From what I have heard, if you can afford the Trex then get it. You will not outgrow it. If you want something to use for a few years and later go nitro or larger, then get the B400. It is a good machine, has a decent radio you can use with future machines and will do everything you need. Plus usually the LHS has supplies for it (the Trex maybe too).
Old 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Torquestar

With cnc parts reported to be in development from both the manufacturer and 3rd party sources, the B400 is a machine you can keep upgrading over time.

However, it really does come down to money.... I also couldn't drop more than $500 on a heli and the Blade 400 seemed perfect. Ready to Fly, nice radio, I can do 3D with it when I get better, etc... Then, over time as you can afford it, you can upgrade parts... like the gyro, servos, etc.

The Trex 450 is a nice machine, though, and if you can afford it, it might be the better platform to start out on.

Personally, I just got a B400 for X-mas, but I'm saving my pennies for the Trex 500 CF kit. In the meantime, I'm having a blast learning how to fly on my Blade.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Big_Daddy
My Feedback: (1)

"I'm having a blast learning how to fly on my Blade."

Ditto.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
PSXBatou

Well I bought a B400, extra battery, and a DC adapter thing. Total out the door was $520, not too bad for what you get. When I compared the 450 SE V2 they had built in the shop to the B400 some parts looked interchangable, they basically looked like the same bird to the naked eye. They had a demo unit that I was able to fly a bit, its a bit too windy for my taste but it flew like an absolute dream compared to my AXE CP.

Of course now I feel like a fool for buying an AXE CP, but at the time it was that or a T-Rex for a lot more cash since the B400 wasn't out yet. Kudos to E-Flite the B400 looks like a really well made bird.

Now maybe I can Craigslist or ebay my Axe for $100-$120, i have a extra e-board and tail motor too hehe
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Trex is an awesome heli, but for starters the B400 is good heli to learn and fly with, I wouldnt recommend too many metal parts for a beginner, just too costly to fix.