Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

blade 400 & Dx7 settings

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade 400 & Dx7 settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 AM
crasheli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default blade 400 & Dx7 settings

Aloha,
I am looking for a list of all the settings needed for the blade 400 and the Dx7 to work together. The blade 400 is stock as of now. I also have a blade cp pro with a hacker brushless, g90 gyro, castle creations esc,etc. and I am looking for a list of setting suggestions for that one as well.
Still considered new to the sport, I am just learnign all the hover orientations, but I am looking to progess into 3d and woudl like the options to be alreay set in teh Dx7 for when that time comes. Thank you in advance for your time.
Also I see that a few of you have tried the kongpower 2200Mah batteries in eth blade 400. I would like to know if nay modification of the canopy is needed to fly those batteries, and if you would sugest them for that application?

MAHALO,
Crasheli
Old 01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Dennis H.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: blade 400 & Dx7 settings

Hi, As for the DX7 can't help you there, don't own one, Just the DX6i that came with the Blade 400, I do use the kong power 2200Mah with no mods to the canopy, It is a little bite bigger and heaver, but no problem with flying with it, But be sure you check the C/G before you fly.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
evdreamer

I don't own a B400 but this would work on most helicopters. Take the servo arms off then turn the transmitter on then off. Then put the arms in a position that makes it close to 90 degrees to the servos. Then use the subtrims to get it closer to 90 degrees since it is close to impossible to get it 90 degrees with out subtrim. Then make sure your elevator contol arm is parallel to your elevator servo arm. That should make the elevator arm and pushrod that attaches to the swashplate 90 degrees to the frame. Then make sure your swashplate is level. Then make your washout arms parallel to the swashplate. Then make sure your blades are at 0 degrees at center stick in throttle up mode with the motor unplugged. I know that doesn't deal with the programming settings but messing with your servo arms are going to mess up all your linkages and make it hard to fly. I tried to explain how to set it up the best I could from the picture on E-flite's home page but I couldn't see all the details but that should get you on the right track. Then watch the pitch and throttle curves on this link. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373 Then you could take the servo reversing and swashmix of the DX6i and put it on the DX7 to make sure the servos move the way they should. Then mess with the travel adjustments until you don't here bad noises coming from the servos. Then still with the motor unpluged and in throttle up mode you can move the throttle all the way up and down. At those points the swashplate probably won't be level any more. Look for the servos that move the most then in the travel adjustments menu lower the value of the high servos until the swashplate is level with the lower servos. Wow that was long. You can watch all of Finless videos to understand better what I was talking about. I learned most of that from the CCPM videos.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 PM
goldslinger

You didn't settle for the DX6i that came with it?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 PM
crasheli

Aloha,
Thank you Dennis H. I will place the order for the KongPower 2200mAH today.

Thanks evdreamer for taking the time to write a good explination for setup.

Goldslinger, I previously owened the DX7 to fly my T-rex 600. I do notice a big difference in feel from one to the other. I prefer the DX7, but have flown the DX6i several times with the blade 400.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
P51THUNDERBALL

dx-7 works great for the blade 400.You have expo for the throttle curve & pitch curve.Had a problem with dx6 just cutting off with fresh AA batteries.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:35 AM
crasheli

Well got the DX7 set to work with the heli. I have a big problem with the tail wagging with the dx6i, but not with the dx7. I think the heading hold function forces the heli to overcorrect. I checked everything mechanically, and now I am on to trying to stop this tail wag by the TX settings. I turn the gyro off of heading hold and the problem goes away. Any suggestions or ideas? My current gryo setting is less than 1/2 on the gyro itself and 60% in the Dx7.
The following users liked this post:
ri504pr (04-22-2024)
Old 02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
P51THUNDERBALL

IS THE BELT TO THE TAIL TIGHT ENOUGH.my gyro set at 62%.40% on expo for rudd aile ele.60% on throws for rudd aile ele.I also went with the 325 align blades helped alot and a 2100 max amp batt.My heli wont stay in one spot hover but its designed to be a 3d heli i just got used to it and the 40% on expo helps.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:41 AM
crasheli

Aloha Chloe,

I am still new to this heli stuff and the belt seems fine. When I switch my gear switch on my ransmitter to 1, what I am assuming to be heading hold the tail will stick when it is pushed all the way. I tried to adjust for this by the exponential, moving the pushrod length, but nothing seems to work. When teh gear swtch on the TX is in teh 0 position which I am assuming is rate mode the tail holds very well, and I can be VERY agressive with my movements of teh tail with no wagging. When the wagging starts it is impossable to correct, and I am forced to land. I will try the 40% expo to see if that helps tomorrow evening.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:23 PM
P51THUNDERBALL

set the gyro on heli at perfect half line straight up and down.62% on transmitter.make sure you let gyro adjust to outside temperture.my trim on transmitter for rudder is halfway to the right.my throttle curve is set to L.0% 1.20% 2.40% 3.60% 4.80% keeps heli at a nice forward speed.also i dont know if your flying with training gear but it will cause the tail to offset in jerky motion.