Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

1st and 2nd CP Pro flights

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

1st and 2nd CP Pro flights

Old 01-31-2008, 12:21 AM
sportrider_fz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st and 2nd CP Pro flights

well I made the jump from my CX2 to a brand new CP Pro!!! (then I went back to my CX2 so I could actually fly) my first attempts were small hops just to see if it was going to do anything crazy on take off. it wants to roll to the right initially then it stabilizes once in the air. I give it a little left aileron on take off to counter it. Day one was good no broken parts, a few 20-30 second TBE flights. today is day two, and I was able to take off smoothly but from then on its like I'm trying to play keep up. I was trying to fly in my garage but ended up moving to the back yard for more room to try and maneuver. I broke the stock symmetrical blades in a rough roll over landing(save) attempt. I need to find some stronger blades!!! I replaced the broken rotors with some flat bottom blades, man what a difference that made!!! the Helli was noticeably more stable. I had it at around 10 feet in the air semi hovering and it decided it wanted to go back wards REALLY FAST I gave it forward stick and it started to come back, by this time it wasn't in my yard anymore it was next door, maybe I just panicked or over reacted but once it was back in my yard I cut the throttle too quick and it came down hard on the skids breaking one side and cracking a rotor blade. I need to find some stronger blades then the wood ones!!!(or maybe just learn how to relax and fly the thing!!!) what I learned from this flight was this thing is WAY different then the CX2 and I'm going to have some serious fun trying to master the CPP!!! and possibly be on a first name bases with the Guys at my LHS!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
evdreamer

Default RE: 1st and 2nd CP Pro flights

I really liked the blades in the link. I hit a quite a few things and they are still in one piece. They also make a really cool scale sound. http://www.jcshobbies.com/products_blade.html
Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 PM
sportrider_fz6

thanks!!! just ordered them!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
evdreamer

Make sure you balance them. Mine was off a little bit.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:06 PM
sportrider_fz6

how do you balance the blades? I know how on my CX2, but these blades don't lock together so whats the trick?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 PM
evdreamer

Watch the clip on blade balancing. Finless really knows what he his talking about. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373
Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 PM
sportrider_fz6

that is really good!!! I'm going to check out the CCPM one also. thats what I love about this hobby, there is always something that I can be doing to my Helli's when I not flying them.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
evdreamer

I learned a lot from the CCPM videos. Then I went and messed around with the linkages then started to understand what was going on. Then I learned how to set up the helicopter properly. That made a big difference on how it flew. Then I carried that knowledge over to the Belt CP and it flies like a dream.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM
sportrider_fz6

after watching some vids and making a few adjustments, I CAN HOVER!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO. man this thing is addicting! what a difference, I think with a little more time on set up and some more stick time this thing is going to be a blast!!! thanks for the link! I owe you one.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
evdreamer

No problem. Have fun flying.