Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

any left handed rc heli pilots here?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

any left handed rc heli pilots here?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 AM
cleansho93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any left handed rc heli pilots here?

Hello. My name is Byron and I am new to these forums. I currently own a Blade CX2, and a Blade CP.

I have been flying the Blade CX2 for a while now and can fly it with no problem. Im actually getting bored with it. I also have a Blade CP that I gave up on a while back (because I tried to learn to fly with it before I got the CX2) but I have decided to give it another shot now that I have a little heli experience under my belt.

I am curious how many people here are left handed, and for those of you who are, what mode transmitter are you using? mode 1 or 2?

Before I dedicate the time and money to try to learn to fly the Blade CP again, I would like to know if my being left handed will cause problems on a standard transmitter-being that the elevator/aileron control stick is on the right side? Has anyone ran into a problem with this on their heli?

The reason I ask is that I notice I am much more dextris with my left forefinger/thumb than I am with my right.

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
waterdogleonard

Default RE: any left handed rc heli pilots here?

I am left handed and I don't think it really matters. I was an avid RC airplane flier several years ago and had no problems. I think when you are learning something new, like running a RC transmitter, it doesn't matter left or right handed, your hands must learn to do what they have to do. I am also learning to fly a CP.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
goldslinger

ORIGINAL: waterdogleonard

I am left handed and I don't think it really matters. I was an avid RC airplane flier several years ago and had no problems. I think when you are learning something new, like running a RC transmitter, it doesn't matter left or right handed, your hands must learn to do what they have to do. I am also learning to fly a CP.
Yea, I'm left handed but since it was ALL new to Me, it didn't matter where the controls were, and since You use both hands at the same time. . .
Old 01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
cleansho93

Thanks for the input guys. That makes sense.

waterdogleonard - good luck and happy flying with your CP as well, it is definately a challenge to master this machine as I am learning
Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 PM
xyster101

I am right handed and just use my right hand for both control sticks. Sometimes inverted gets tricky.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
cleansho93

ORIGINAL: xyster101

I am right handed and just use my right hand for both control sticks. Sometimes inverted gets tricky.

WOW! I find it hard enough to control everything with two hands, I cant imagine doing it all with just one hand!! lol
Old 02-01-2008, 02:12 AM
maxxteezyyy

I'm left handed and I'm smarter than right handed people
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 AM
cleansho93

ORIGINAL: maxxteezyyy

I'm left handed and I'm smarter than right handed people

I wasn't going to bring it up, but yes it is very true... We are smarter than right handed people. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 AM
waterdogleonard

Thanks. The CP is a challenge for sure. I can hover it for most of a battery most of the time. I am flying it outside and the problem is, the slightest breeze makes things real interesting real fast.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
ViperRR

I'm a south-paw, too and fly my CX the way it came from the factory (throttle on left stick). We lefties are in our right mind (right side of the brain controls the left side of the body).
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
goldslinger

If You can hover a C.P., then You can fly dang near anything! !
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 AM
cleansho93

Thanks for all the input. It appears that Ive answered my own queston as well. I have had a great last two nights with the CP. Got all the parts replaced that were damaged from last time I attempted to fly it (8 months ago or more!!), which was before I bought the CX2.

I was able to get two and a half flights before I destroyed one of the blades, which is the best by FAR that I have EVER done with the CP. On the second flight I actually held a 2 to 3 foot hover for about 20 seconds, in an area at work about 8'x10'. This was very exciting! I guess the CX2 experience has helped my control quite a bit. Cant wait for the snow to dissapear so I can get this baby outside!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 AM
lostNdallas

When I started out in R/C back in '84, it troubled me that all radios were right-handed but I got over it. I can fly a plane (sort of) with few issues and I'm ok with the CX2 I bought a few weeks ago. I was able to maintain a 2 foot hover on my buddies CP for about 10-15 seconds last week in a breeze and set it back down without breaking anything so I'd have to say that being left-handed in a right-handed R/C world isn't a big deal.