Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Eflight Blade CP+ learning questions

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Eflight Blade CP+ learning questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
mlwehking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflight Blade CP+ learning questions

I recently purchased a used Eflight Blade CP+ helicopter from ebay. I have never owned a remote control vehicle before. So maybe trying to begin with a helicopter might not have been a good choice. That said I found Radd'sflight school and decided to follow his teachings.

I have a couple of questions. I am trying to determine if it is me or the helicopter. (again being a newbee).

1. As I worked through battery 1 & 2 there seems to be a dead spot. If I increase throttle very slowly the helicopter will actually start to turn the nose to the right(what would be passenger side on a car in America). Once I get closer to ½ throttle I can then actually control the rudder to hold the tail at 6 o’clock. Is this normal or is there some adjustment on the 4-in-1 control Unit that I should make to correct the issue.
2. It would seem that I have to continue to hold a little 9 o’clock on the left stick to maintain the tail. (I am guessing that is an adjustment on the control unit)
3. During battery 1 & 2 (once up on speed) I can hold the tail at 6 o’clock however the helicopter very slowly skids to the left and out of my 1 foot box. Even when I move the right stick to 9 o’clock. Again wanting to confirm if this would be normal.
4. I moved to batter 3 to check the aileron control. Seems to be ok except the helicopter really jumps as I approach 3 o’clock. And I was thinking another direction caused the helicopter to move backwards rather fast.

Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
gnd2

Default RE: Eflight Blade CP+ learning questions

1. things need to get up to a certain speed before they start holding. It's not unusual for the heli to turn a bit on a slick surface as it's spinning up but should settle once you get close to hover speed.

2. proportional adjustment on the 3-in-1. Did you get a manual with the heli? It's explained in there. You can download it here if you didn't get one:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...LUS_Manual.pdf

3. Yes, it's normal for the heli to want to slide left. This is due to the thrust from the tail rotor. Once you get in the air the heli will tilt right a little in a steady hover to counter the tail thrust but on the ground it obviously can't do this.

4. I don't know what you're trying to say or ask here.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
mlwehking

Default RE: Eflight Blade CP+ learning questions

Great. Thanks for the info.

1. Guess I was just getting a little worried for no reason.

2. I do have the book but didn't want to change anything until I knew for sure I needed to.

3. Again, sounds like I was worring when I didn't need to

4. While on the ground when I moved the right stick to the right the heli seems to really jump. -again maybe I am just worring.

It seems like there are so many options and things to check and change. Just trying to figure it all out. Hopefully soon I will be hovering.
Thanks again for your help.