Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400: Flybar & Spindle Replacement??

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400: Flybar & Spindle Replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Wolfpackin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400: Flybar & Spindle Replacement??

I had a crash in which both main blades broke and two servo's stripped their gears.
She's back in the air but things seem a little off.

I would like to replace the flybar, which I know bent a little (I tried to straighten it), and the feathering shaft/spindle just in case.

A)Flybar
Looking at the exploded view it appears as though it can be removed by just loosening the 4 set screws on the Flybar Paddle control Frame Arms and sliding the flybar out. Is that the case, or is further disassembly of the Control Frame/Seesaw Holder required?

B)Feathering Shaft/Spindle
Again, does this just slide out after removing the two Socket Head Cap Screws, or do the Main Blade Grips need to come off? If so, do I just remove the screw on the Bell Mixer Arm to remove.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Wolfpackin

Default RE: B400: Flybar & Spindle Replacement??

OK, I'll make the test easier...

The answer to question A is "Yes".
The flybar can be removed by loosening the four set screws and sliding it out.
Just have to be careful not to dislodge the brass washers between the Control Frame Arm and the Seesaw Flybar Holder.
Pretty easy.

Anyone know the answer to question B?
It seems like there are a lot of bearings and washers in there.
I'd like to know the best way to replace that feathering shaft.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:30 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

does this just slide out after removing the two Socket Head Cap Screws, or do the Main Blade Grips need to come off? If so, do I just remove the screw on the Bell Mixer Arm to remove.
Yes/Yes/Yes & You can do it---Just refer to your "Exploded" parts list---I've changed mine a "Few" times & no doubt will a "Few" more---If I can do it ; anybody can!---(there are some "Stepped" washers & shims on the "Feathering" shaft---"Stepped" washer goes against the blade/grip bearing inner race)---
Old 02-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Wolfpackin

Thanks!

I just got it done.
Not too bad fairly straight forward.
The only thing that slowed me down was the fact that the two head dampening shims, on each side of the head block, are not on the exploded view.
That confused me for a short time but I got it right...I hope.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:38 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Great!---
The only thing that slowed me down was the fact that the two head dampening shims, on each side of the head block, are not on the exploded view.
(sorry/bout/that, forgot to mention)
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
PaulG-RC

Take a look at this thread on the spinddle, http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=348818 just a reminder to really go over all the screws even if its a RTF heli.
I got a B400 for my brother and I guess I will be his mechanic anyway I did a full check on all screws and found 9 of them to be too loose for my liking, 4 were on the head, I also notice that some screws metal to metal had threadlock and others not, for the metal to plastic I usually use clear silicon adhesive been doing that for many years on my planes.
I even secure the screws on the servo arms. I also lub the belt too bad there is only a small area to see the belt and to check tension still its possible to do.
All in all took me about 1 hr to do that and I do feel better I prefer preventive maintenance then a repair work.
One blade needed balancing , not shure what they mean by tested before putting in box I would say maybe they do a control check but not a flight test. Anyway it does fly very well