Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CP+ upgrades. advice

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP+ upgrades. advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:00 PM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP+ upgrades. advice

I am looking for a little advice as I dont know alot about what is good/bad in the heli world.

I am not intending to add alot of bling. just upgrade what I see as weak parts.

I Just orderd an aluminum center hub and an aluminum swash plate. that is all the alum i will ever add to this bird.

now the advice that i need is..are there any other weak parts that i should stock up on? other then blades and other typical crash victoms?

And I would like to put a hh gyro on it and am after strong price/performance or bang fot the buck. let me know thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:18 PM
lemmerjo

Default RE: Blade CP+ upgrades. advice

MAMMOTH TOUGH,

No matter how much you upgrade a heli, there is always going to be a weak spot. I just got in from flying my CPP, and the upgrades I have are:
-E-Flite 370 brushless
-Feigao brushless tail
-carbon symetrical blades
-E-flite G-90 gyro

I am very happy with this setup, and I dont see the need to upgrade past this piont. If you are a new pilot, you may not want to use symmetrical blades, or brusless motors, but I do recommend at least upgrading to dual tail motors. You can probably pick up a knockoff of the G 90 for a lot cheaper than what the G 90 would cost. In my crashes, I usually break my tail boom, and bend my main shaft, so I would recommend stocking up on main shafts, and for the tail boom, I have seen people use wood dowel, but in my case I buy a long piece of hollow CF the right size and cut it to length.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your heli.

Joe
Old 02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

Thanks for the reply, The G90 is my goal I just dont like the price so much, I dp plan on going brushless but not till my motor gived up.

I have a few main shafts already.

and I plan on buying some CF arrow shafts to use for the tail boom. They are damn strong and some have a thin alum inner tube to add to that.

So the G90 looks great but I wouldnt mind finding a used one or one that is cheaper but will still perform about the same. the G110 looks good and is about 66.00 but will diffrence in weight really screw my flite? the 110 is 11g and the 90 is 9g.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Sikorzky

lemmerjo -
could you please tell more about your brushless tail setup:
- what motor?
- what speed controller?
- direct drive?
- what prop and adapter?
- does this setup do a good job?
Thanks

Mammoth,
I have broken 2 sets of landing gear, the little cf rods just snap off at the joints. when I screw up in the air i just cut the throttle to avoid smashing into things, so lots of hard landings from 2-4 feet seem to do a good job breaking them (plus a pretty hard landing from about 10 feet or more). Also I have been through 3 control frames (the thing the flybar slides thru), but this was mainly because of a bad ball joint on the swash plate (i have another thread about that). That is it after 3 weeks, not counting blades.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

Thanks for that Info. I will apply it to my parts box next trip to the LHS.

I have been reading more and more about how weak the tail motor is on this heli. I think I will go with either direct drive or twin motor for now till I decide to go brushless.

I would also like to here more about your tail setup lemmerjo.

When I get the parts I ordered from Hopmeup (check out his eBay store for bcp/p and bcx/2 parts he has ALOT and great price too)

I will do a review against the stock parts and I have a micrometer, dial indicator and calipers standing by to check the CNC parts against the stock plastic. Not that it matters but the swash plate I ordered has a max tilt of 120*