Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

CX2 Blade Grip Upgrade Help

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CX2 Blade Grip Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
rc4play

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX2 Blade Grip Upgrade Help

As I view the options available I get more confused [], so can someone tell me what is best.
Xtreme CNC Blade Grips w/ Blades or Microheli CNC Blade Grips w/ Exxtreme Blades ( I beleive I saw 2 different types of CNC Grips they sell)
Then there is also the Microheli Exxtreme Core V.2.0 which looks to be plastic ?
All Microheli I believe are Folding blade type, HELP ! What is better, more durable, or any other input you could provide based on your experience.
Thanks
Attached Images     
Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
rikybob

Default RE: CX2 Blade Grip Upgrade Help

I don't have any of the above but everything points me in the direction of keepin' me stock stix! Mine perform admirly and it seems to me that unless you just want the bling, just replace the other parts that seem to break more............like the lower rotor.........just me 2 cents..............good luck on whatever endeavor you choose!

Rikybob
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
weare5
Banned

The 3rd one with the shafts is the best one. But buy it with the everything, mine flies so much better and stronger.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
evdreamer

Don't buy that plastic one from the extreme core. The parts are from the Dynam Vortex. It will cost a 1/4-1/2 price buying the Vortex parts compared to the cost of the extreme core.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
BarkingDogs

anybody know how the Xtreme Alum. Blade grip combo. from Boomtown hobbies $43 works with the aluminum EFlight heads , Eflight aluminum swashplate, short flybar and stock shafts? I've heard boomtown service is great. thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
evdreamer

I haven't tried it with the aluminum upper head, but it works fine with the stock shafts, E-flite aluminum swashplate, and E-flite aluminum lower rotor head.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: weare5

The 3rd one with the shafts is the best one. But buy it with the everything, mine flies so much better and stronger.
A wise man spends money wisely.................. Well, you know how that goes. Sadly no one really does much investigating before spending thier days salary to line the pockets of someone who found out early how to interchange pieces and tout them as thier own design. Go to www.bphobbies.com and check out the Dynam vortex parts listing. Look at the flybar, inner shaft and outer shaft with gear, price them and then look at what the other guy sells his "kit" for. Notice the amazing non difference of parts? look at the price difference.....................
If it works for you then I say good for ya but I got the same parts for 15 bucks shipped to my door.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:02 AM
eat2muchrice

I've been eyeing the first one (new micro heli's grips) for months, they weigh only 3....somthing grams. My biggest problem is forking over $60 for them. If you decide to get them please please do a review on the forums for us.
I've also tried just the plastic grips on the 3rd picture (extreme) without much luck.(sent them back), But have heard the whole core is better. Try arrows idea.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Drewed

I have the second from the left and have not been happy with them. They required sanding of small spacers before they would fit with out binding, and I have had TBE since I installed them. I would go with the on the right.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Edwinssiv

I have the end one on the right coming from Boomtown...should be here on Friday...I will let you know how they work
Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 PM
sonat

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Don't buy that plastic one from the extreme core. The parts are from the Dynam Vortex. It will cost a 1/4-1/2 price buying the Vortex parts compared to the cost of the extreme core.

www.bladecx2.com
getting very tire of peoples that said our parts are vortex
before making comment on something be sure to verifiled what you said

is this clear or not

Sonny Lambert
President of bladecx2.com
Old 03-09-2008, 03:48 PM
paulwhite

I've fitted the extreme core grip blades. Now I cant seem to stop my heli moving in a clockwise 5ft circle. The nose stay pointing forward. it cant be the trim as on its journey its moving backwards and forwards if you see what I mean. Any Idears. What does the fly bar do??.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:45 PM
BLADECXPRO

NOT SUR ABOUT THAT......WATCH IT!!!!!
[link=http://bladecxpro.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!6143F654C8C0E53D!1453.entry]BLADECX2.COM[/link]
Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
stump3r

rc4 I've been flying the Xtreme blades, grips, Eflite CNC upper hub, swash plate and micro heli CNC lower hub for almost a year now. Great stuff you'll have now problems at all. It does take a bit to get her trimmed right but once you get it you won't ever go back to stock.