Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

b400 lipo no good anymore?!?!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

b400 lipo no good anymore?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:21 PM
sniperironman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b400 lipo no good anymore?!?!

hey guys i just got my b400 today i sorta read a little about the lipo befor i got the heli on there web sight sense the manuel was on the page well i guess i skipped the part of over discharging it it says if all green lights blink and red blink at same time and the last light is flashing read that my bat is no good replace with a new one? is this true?! if so this sucks is there any way to fix this besides geting a new lipo??? thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 AM
gregka

Default RE: b400 lipo no good anymore?!?!

try to replug it in mine did that a few time and i unpluged it and repluged it in and it worked fine. also look at where the power ( ac or dc ) goes into the side of the charger sometime the plug does not go all the way into the charger and it gets a bad connection. I think you have to run the bat so low the heli would not even lift off in order to destroy the bat. maybe the battery was to hot when you wnet to charge it.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
sniperironman

yeah ive been unpluging and pluging back in see if it works ill try it till i get something haha but yeah i didnt really drain it that bad i stoped when i notice my heli didnt want lift anymore and i didnt charge until i got out of work that was about 2 hours rest time but yeah thanks for the advice ! hopefully i dont have to go to lhs and get another lipo...
Old 03-07-2008, 01:05 AM
evdreamer

I don't think the battery is ruined. I think E-flite's charger won't charge if the battery gets below a certain point. With the Belt CP I can still fly it without knowing that the battery is very low. I did this to one of my batteries with less than 10% charge left on it. I just put it onto the Hobbico Accu-cycle charger and charged it up slow and now the battery works fine.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 AM
wsdepa

Mine did that when I first got it. I let the battery sit overnight and tried again and it charged. Then it started taking like five hours to charge a bat. I tested the charger output and it was starting at 1.5 amps, but then switching to trickle after abut ten minutes. Finally I brought it back to my LHS who exchanged it. The new one seems to work ok, but I bought a Venom LiPo charger/balancer and what a difference. It charges the 1800 ma bat in 50 minutes! It charges a 800ma bat in about 25 minutes and you can charge a 3C and a 2C at the same time. If you continue to have problems, I would try using another charger on the bat.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 AM
brookshay

has anyone ruined a battery on the 400 with low volatage cut?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Torquestar

sniperironman,

How are you charging your battery? AC power, or hooked to a car battery?

I keep reading about LHS's selling people the old 1.5 amp AC adaptor for the old Blade CP LiPo charger. That's not big enough to handle the 3 amps (actually 2.4 according to my bench variable power supply) necessary to power the Blade 400's battery charger.

If you don't have the right charger, you'll get all sorts of wierd results, including batteries not charging, wierd combinations of lights blinking, etc...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 PM
sniperironman

hey you guys thanks for replying back to my post well i had no luck last night pluging lipo in and out he is what happens i plug it in and iall 3 cells are solid green for about 4 seconds then the last led blinks then after 4 seconds the three cells switch to solid red then back to solid green then back to red then green....at same time the last led is blinking well i called horrizon and they said i have to buy a new lipo maybe i should of just told them i got my heli and it wont charger haha maybe they would of sent me a new lipo but i told them i got a little to exited didnt read and yeah... well im using a universal ac dc you can choose from 9-12v i have it all the way up to 12 volts is that not good anough? i mean if the lipo is destroyed its really no big deal but it would be nice to save some cash and bring it back to life thanks!!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
joediamond

I would check the output of you power supply before buying another lipo. Make certain it's capable of 3 amps at 12 volts.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM
sniperironman

alight when i get home tonight from work ill check out everything you guys are talking about like checking the output and inputs and amp
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Torquestar

I found that those typical variable power supply "wall wart" units that you buy at a Radio Shack (or similar) are no larger than 1-1.5 amps. This means it won't supply enough juice for the charger to work right.

So yes, as I mentioned above, that's likely your problem. See if your charger says something like 1000mA (that's milli-amps, which is 1 amp). If it's less, like 800mA, then that's even worse...
Old 03-08-2008, 12:21 AM
sniperironman

ok sorry for geting back at you so late but here is all the info i have from the wall charger is a

coby universal ac-dc adaptor
model : CA-44
INPU : 110/220V
POWER : 18W
OUTPUT " 1.5-3-4.5-6
V=
7.5-9-12
CURRENT DC 100mA MAX

Should i upgrade?
Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 AM
SeaComms

Yes. Absolutely. Definitely.

Not really anything much else to say to that question.

In the mean time, I would try it with the charger hooked up to a car battery or similar, this will give you the juice you need to test if the battery is completely stuffed or not.

Cheers, Dave.

PS. are you sure it was only 100mA? If so, that is only 0.1 amps - you need at least 3 amps (or 3000mA) to give the power supply some breathing room at full charge rate. In other words, that power pack will only supply about 1/30 th of the power you need!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM
sniperironman

sorry sorry i ment to put in 1000MA but hey im gunna go try a aligater clips on a car bat let you guys know what happens thanks once again for the advice
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
sniperironman

hey you guys i just found out its my gay ass unniversal wall power supply unit i used the aligater clips right now and its charging thanks SeaComms and everyone else for the help