Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400 LOWER GEAR BEARING ON MAIN SHAFT

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400 LOWER GEAR BEARING ON MAIN SHAFT

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM
gregka
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400 LOWER GEAR BEARING ON MAIN SHAFT

Anyone know if the lower main gear ( tail shaft gear ) on the B400 is a one way bearing or is connected to the main shaft. Put it this way -on mine if i spin the lower gear in any direction ( clockwise or counter clockwise ) it will spin both the main shaft and tail shaft liked they are locked together . Just want to see if your guys do the same I am trying to resolve a tail issue.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:12 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: B400 LOWER GEAR BEARING ON MAIN SHAFT

Gregka,

Nothing wrong with your heli, that's by design for the auto-rotation system. Not to worry, perfectly normal.

What's your tail issue?

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ===================================
ORIGINAL: gregka

Anyone know if the lower main gear ( tail shaft gear ) on the B400 is a one way bearing or is connected to the main shaft. Put it this way -on mine if i spin the lower gear in any direction ( clockwise or counter clockwise ) it will spin both the main shaft and tail shaft liked they are locked together . Just want to see if your guys do the same I am trying to resolve a tail issue.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 AM
gregka

tail issue is ( 401 gyro with 9257 ) that to get the tail mechanically set up in rate mode the slider is off center (1.5 mm)towards the gear box so when i get the heli to hold straight with no rudder in put my slider is off center so when i adjust my servo i loose about 2mm of travel overall. I don't know if that is normal to have the slider off center, she seems to do a peroette in about 1 second so i assume that is fast enough. It just seem that i hade to adjust the tail linkage a LOT to get it to hold straight. In my other post I think I explained it better I am starting to confuse myself now.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:49 PM
choppersrule

Gregka,

I just finished checking my HBK2, Belt-CP and my Logo 10. None of them are dead center, I don't want to say this is normal, but I don't have any problems with the HBK2 or Belt-CP, the Logo 10 hasn't been flown yet, but is set-up. As long as everything appears, control wise to working properly for you, I wouldn't be overconcerned about it. Unless it's a crappy day and you have alot of time to kill.

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ====================================

tail issue is ( 401 gyro with 9257 ) that to get the tail mechanically set up in rate mode the slider is off center (1.5 mm)towards the gear box so when i get the heli to hold straight with no rudder in put my slider is off center so when i adjust my servo i loose about 2mm of travel overall. I don't know if that is normal to have the slider off center, she seems to do a peroette in about 1 second so i assume that is fast enough. It just seem that i hade to adjust the tail linkage a LOT to get it to hold straight. In my other post I think I explained it better I am starting to confuse myself now.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Wolfpackin

The slider on my B400 is way off center, close to 3/4 from the hub to the tail box.
That's the amount of pitch I need to hold the tail.

You can also try increasing the throttle curve in the mode(s) you fly in. This will increase the tail authority and you might be able to use less pitch on the tail blades.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
gregka

Thanks a lot guys I feel much better now yeah mines about 3/4 to to get the tail tol hold, Hey choppers rule on your HBK2 do you get tail blowout , I stil do even with the 43 tooth pully ! Mann I played with that thing for hours the other nite could not get the tail to hold actually had it in the air lost rudder controll saved it lost it again saved it lost it again and said the hell with it and it slammed really good into a tree ( the loudest crash I have ever heard) ,Not to much broke front servo , swahs mixer blades and feathering shaft , I have done much worse. got it going again this time on the ground could not contol the tail , give it rudder input and it would stick to that side, changed tail servos and she flies mint now. So any way the HBK2 has a 3800 10 toolth stock size blades Esky hh gyro and stock tail assembly , pitch is good , but still getting blow out when i pin it , is it my gyro or my tail assembly. ( only get blow out with the 2150 bat not the 1500 bat ( thinks they are shot) . I am going to put a post on the esky site later. One again thanks for all your guys help !!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
choppersrule

Greg,

In a word to the tail blowout, no! LOL... It takes alot of time, patience and testing to get it where it won't blowout on ya.
I spent countless, minutes, LOL. Actually, hours, moving the tail servo back and forth and adjusting gain on the gyro.

I'm running a 3800kv motor, with an 11tooth pinion. All CNC stuff. main rotor, grips, full tail assembly, etc. I've run 950 mAh 15C, 1500 mAh 15C and 2000 mAh 20C batteries with no blowout. However, I do have to adjust my rudder trim a tad to the right with the 2000 mAh 20C batteries. I just got my 43 tooth pulley in the mail today, so it's be a day or so before I get it in and test it. I'll let ya know.

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ==================================

Thanks a lot guys I feel much better now yeah mines about 3/4 to to get the tail tol hold, Hey choppers rule on your HBK2 do you get tail blowout , I stil do even with the 43 tooth pully ! Mann I played with that thing for hours the other nite could not get the tail to hold actually had it in the air lost rudder controll saved it lost it again saved it lost it again and said the hell with it and it slammed really good into a tree ( the loudest crash I have ever heard) ,Not to much broke front servo , swahs mixer blades and feathering shaft , I have done much worse. got it going again this time on the ground could not contol the tail , give it rudder input and it would stick to that side, changed tail servos and she flies mint now. So any way the HBK2 has a 3800 10 toolth stock size blades Esky hh gyro and stock tail assembly , pitch is good , but still getting blow out when i pin it , is it my gyro or my tail assembly. ( only get blow out with the 2150 bat not the 1500 bat ( thinks they are shot) . I am going to put a post on the esky site later. One again thanks for all your guys help !!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:37 PM
gregka

thanks for the info choppersrule , two mo questions are you using a stock tail slider and linkage ? and esky hh gyro ( mine in at full gain )
Old 03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
choppersrule

Greg,

I am using the stock tail slider and linkage, however, I'm using a E-flite G90 gyro (Cuz I had one in the spare parts box). Stock gyro went bad.

I did get the 43tooth pulley installed tonight and it made a world of difference. I'd sugguest anyone that has the HBK2, with a brushless motor to get one, that's what it's designed for. If anyone is still running a brushed motor, throw it away and get a brushless motor, your missing out.

Hey, what's 15 more bucks, for the 43t pulley.

Couple of pics,

Dave / Choppersrule

thanks for the info choppersrule , two mo questions are you using a stock tail slider and linkage ? and esky hh gyro ( mine in at full gain )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85239.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	902041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49918.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	902042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51361.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	902043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13793.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	902044  
Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
gregka

I agree about the pully. i just sent out my b400 gyro ( pretty sure its ng ) Got a 401 on the b400 so as soon as i get ithe eflite gyro back it is goin on the HBK2!