Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

B400 GYRO SET UP? NEW SERVO

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

B400 GYRO SET UP? NEW SERVO

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
sniperironman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B400 GYRO SET UP? NEW SERVO

Hey guys i just got a new servo for my B400 its a specktrum DSP60 digital ok well after placing it on and fliping the switch on the gyro
to digital my heli is out of wack as im trying to lift is spins out of control so i try ajusting the gyro on the controler and i just dont know what the hell im doing i get it at a point where i can keep it from spinning while its on the ground building up speed then if decend the tail looses its lock and spins crazy to a stop?? can anyone help out on how to fix this what setting should i have it at thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
sniperironman

Default RE: B400 GYRO SET UP? NEW SERVO

i forgot to add i do have tail servo centerd as it was when i had stock servo only reason i switched servos was becuase one of the servos on that conrtols the swash stripped so i just rotated the tail to swash and replaced tail with spectrum and now my bird is out of wack...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Wolfpackin

You have to change the normal/reverse switch on the gyro and then go into the TX menu to Reverse and change the rudder channel.
Unfortunately I do not have the heli and TX with me and I don't remember how they are set from the factory.
But just change both of those things and it will work properly.

BTW, make sure you get back to the stock gyro settings.
They come around 67.5% and 65%. Start there and raise or lower as needed.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
sniperironman

ok so your saying i should keep it at stock setting? and just flip gyro to digital and revers and on the control switch that to revers?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Wolfpackin

Yes, if that's the opposite of what it was.
All three of those things Digital/STD & Reverse/Normal on the gyro and Reverse/Normal (R/N) on the rudder channel in the TX all need to be changed from the stock configuration. Again, sorry I can't tell you exactly what they should be, won't be home until 1:30am MST.

I've got my gain up to 76% with that setup and the pushrod ball linkage, on the servo arm, in the middle hole.
If you haven't moved the linkage ball on the servo arm you probably won't be able to get your gyro gain that high.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:48 PM
sniperironman

oh ok i did all that and it worked thanks i found out from a friend what the stock setting was you were pretty close thanks for the help!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Wolfpackin

No worries, glad I could help.

I would strongly recommend moving the ball link in one hole on the servo arm.
This helps reduce binding of the tail pitch slider with the tail box. It will also allow you to increase the gyro gain% without wag.

Continued success to you.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:48 PM
sniperironman

ok this is how i have it set up every servo is centerd the tail rod is on factory set hole second hole my gyro is set
gyro flap is flicked down to 1
and the screen is reading

now that i have them sett my tail no longer spins like crazy after landing it lands in what ever derection you had it while hovering
only problem im having today is when i first got the heli it worked fine i would be able to lift and very lighty correct the tail by lil pust to the right very little after few days of hovering i got a little cocky and wanted to spin the tail while hovering well i did it and then after few seconds lost control crash it from about 5 feet stripped main gear bent tail shaft broken blades but ive replaced everything so now befor i take off it seems like i gotta do that but with more of a push and tords the left is this do to using digital and reverse?
and one last question on the DX6 screen what does the gyro 0:? and gry 1:? mean thanks for all the help
Old 03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Wolfpackin

what does the gyro 0:? and gry 1:?
Those are your two gyro settings: "0"=67.5% and "1"=64%
You have the ability to change them to your liking and switch back amd forth in flight or before taking off.
I think most people use different settings for the flight mode or flying style they are doing.
I have "0" set at 20% which is rate mode, that I use for tail setup and "1" set at 76% percent which is as high as I could get it without wag. That's what I use for hovering and gentle flying around.
There is a fair explanation of this in the manual.

so now befor i take off it seems like i gotta do that but with more of a push and tords the left is this do to using digital and reverse?
If you're saying that the tail spins the opposite direction as it did before the crash then something else changed.
Maybe your tailboom is bent or got pushed in from the crash.
Both of those things effect the length of the tail pushrod and therefore the pitch of the tail blades that contols the spin (yaw) of the heli.
So, first check your tailboom/belt tension.
If the boom is bent then most likely your belt will be too tight or tighter than it was before. If the tailboom got pushed in then you belt will be too loose or looser than it was before.

I think I need more info from you but after a crash, after assuring all damaged parts have been replaced, it's a good idea to go back through a complete tail setup.
I'm running out of time for now but here's the short of it:
1. Make sure the servo arm is at 90d to the pushrod and servo box, or very close, when the servo has centered.
Do that in rate mode (0-49% gain) or with the gyro disabled & servo plugged into the rudder channel on the RX.
2. Adjust tail pushrod length so there is no yaw/drift in RATE mode.
3. Switch to HH mode and fine tune with pushrod length and/or subtrim. In general it's better not to use any trims but it may be unavoidable.
Do a search for gyro/tail setup. Tons of info out there.

Hope that helps a little.