Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HELP!! Blade CP Leds flash red/green

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

HELP!! Blade CP Leds flash red/green

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM
grizzly425
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Blade CP Leds flash red/green

I am a newby to Helicopters, I bought a used CP pro and I cannot get the 3 in 1 to stop flashing red to green, I have checked the crystals unplugged them and reinstalled both tx and rx still flashes red/green the heading lock gyro is flashing blue. The throttle and trim are all the way down. The idle up is flipped toward the back of the transmitter. I do not know what I am doing wrong. The guy I bought it from has assured me it was working for him and I have no reason not to trust him. Anybody know anything else to try? I have disconnected and reconnected everything from the 3 in 1 and the receiver as well.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:11 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: HELP!! Blade CP Leds flash red/green

I just looked at the manuel and it said that when they flash back and forth to check you have enough voltage in the transmitter. I never would fly it when the bar graph is red. Then it said to check the crystals which you did. You have the throttle, throttle trim, and throttle up switch in the right spot. Did you turn the transmitter on first before you connected the battery to the receiver? Then did you leave the controls alone? Are the lights alternating or just going from red to green. If so don't touch the controls until the green light stops blinking. Then it said after all of that call horrizon. I am also stumped if none of that works. I am more used to the 2.4Ghz compared to the 72Mhz radios.

Nick
Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 AM
grizzly425

I am going to try new batteries in the transmitter today, it's got all but 1 led lit but who knows it maybe wrong. I have turned on the transmitter first then connected the battery in the blade and it just alternates red then green on the led. I have not touched the controls after turning on the transmitter as well.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
mosiris

How are your switches on the on the front bottom right of the TX set (assumming you are using the stock TX) ?
Should be ail - down (nor), ele - up (rev) , thr - down (nor) , rud - up (rev)

- Mos

Old 03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
grizzly425

ORIGINAL: mosiris

- Mos

This is the same set-up on mine, the switches match your description, New batteries did not change anything.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
mosiris

ORIGINAL: grizzly425

ORIGINAL: mosiris

- Mos

This is the same set-up on mine, the switches match your description, New batteries did not change anything.

Ok, I just simulated what you are getting by hooking up the battery on the heli w/ the TX off. The alternating red/green on the 3 in 1 and my gyro blinking.
You said you checked the crystals, are the both on the same frequency ? By this don't just look at the sticker on the plastic case the thing in is, look at the sticker on the crystals themselfs. There is (one mine anyway) a sticker attached to the crystal in the TX. Just pulled my RX crystal, and it's pretty muched glued to the plastic thing that has the sticker on it, but with a bright light and magnifying glass you can see the printing on it.

Here's another thing to try to check if the TX is working that might help you out (well maybe not, but works for me). Turn the TV on to a cable station (have only tried channel 4 here since that's what our cable boxes in this area work on) then turn the TX on. Wave the antenna of the TX all around the TV and see if you get any distortion of the picture. If you do see the picture on the TV get fuzzy turn the TX off and on again to verify.

- Mos
Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
grizzly425

I checked the crystals and they do match, I have'nt tried the tv thing yet but I will try it tonight. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
grizzly425

A new set of crystals fixed the problem. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
bladeCX1464

im having the EXACT same problem as he was. and i tried putting the bcx crystals in and no change. is there a difference between bcp and bcx crystals besides frequency?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 AM
grizzly425

I think they are the same, FM single conversion crystals, I took mine to a hobbyshop and they used a set out of a used Blade and thats how I was able to find my problem.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
bladeCX1464

okay so is there any reason why my bcx crystals wont work on bcp? i hope its no the 3-n-1 :/