Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

How old are you? Just Curious

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
10 to 15 years old
7.91%
16 to 20 years old
5.65%
21 to 25 years old
6.78%
26 to 30 years old
11.30%
31 to 35 years old
10.17%
36 to 40 years old
13.56%
41 to 45 years old
11.86%
46 to 50 years old
9.60%
51 to 55 years old
9.04%
older than me (YUK-YUK)
14.12%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

How old are you? Just Curious

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
brookshay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How old are you? Just Curious

So Crusader - what do you do exactly?

Coyote - when's your Bday? I'm next month as well - May 4 - my 30th.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: brookshay

So Crusader - what do you do exactly?

Coyote - when's your Bday? I'm next month as well - May 4 - my 30th.
I'm a scout pilot . Can't wait to welcome you and Coyote to the 30's club. Hurry up and turrn 30 already...LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 AM
futura

43 now, Started with control line in '76. built my first sig cadet MK2 in '78 and got a Helibaby in '79 or '80.

current hanger: 10 BCP/BCPP's, 14 shoguns, 3 hornet II's, 1 TRex, 1 BCX, CAP30, Sig cougar, RC10, EMAXX, Assorted "cheap" tanks/cars etc.

...often "called to the bridge" by the cruise director (wife) for spending too much on toys. I work too much to enjoy them properly but my 10yo son is VERY happy, 18yo son participates at times, 21yo daughter couldn't care less.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

I'am 38 and feel younger everyday I spend in this hobby. I came from the RC-car scene of only one year, and then moved on to the heli's which I've been active for 1 1/2 years now, and don't plan on getting out any time soon..... [8D]

Hey Glenn....... I see your third post on RCU was on this thread......[8D] Thought I'd bring it out of the archives for a little deja-vu......

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Got ya, You're everywhere. Take one of your power naps. It is a cool thread to find out about people and there helis.

You guys on the "Blades any Good" thread are awesome. [8D]

Glenn,

The CP Pro 2 looks great, super video. Really looks smooth for RTF and your Baseline. Seen you were at the shop.

Is JPEE napping Again???

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 02-28-2009, 10:03 PM
sgt peanut

hehe im 15

i have a CX2 and a very bad CP pro. Theres probably nothing wrong with the cp, i just cant fly it.... i started in the hobby half a year ago.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 PM
iRCHELi

I am only 14.

I only have a mCX, 400, and a TC4 right. I am going to expand my garge this summer.

Kyle
Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Lazaro

Hey! will turn 37 this year with new baby girl, 3 years of air- plane flying and >

MCX, CX2 aka M24, B400 in closet with cox warbirds corsair, P-40, GSW P-51 ARF, and a bunch of stuff to keep me busy. Oh! and restoration project 67 fairlady roadster in the backyard.

Almost forgot my job too.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 PM
bad400

man you all are a bunch of old farts lol.

no realy im 38 and have had some kind of rc toy sense i was 9. first was some radioshack 2 wheel drive buggy,had that for a few years before it just stoped in a mud puddle looked at me and said enough, it just wouldnt go after that lol.
then when i was 11 i got my first plane, it was the old control line cox nitro.it held like 3 cc`s of fuel and had this bulky battery box for an ignitor.i had to twist the prop backwards to tighen the spring then yank your fingure out before it got cut off lol. i would go aroung in circles with that crazy thing flying up and down up and down, then when i got dizzy from all those circles i said enough lol. you know i drug that thing around everywhere i moved for like 10 years. man i dont even remember where i left it lol.

anyway got out for a few years but always had some kind of electric 4 wheel drive truck of some kind, just to chase the dogs and kids with lol.
then just a few years back i bought another 4 by 4 electric and desided it wasnt fast enough so i bought a nitro 4 by 4 buggy. the .21 motor is actualy pretty fast.
so a year ago i was at the local flea market when i saw this guy with a bunch pf heli`s and thought wow now thats something that could challenge me.so i said hey baby can i get this 70 dollar 3 channel syma double horse 9081. she said sure, boy does she wish she hadnt done that.9 heli`s later i still want more. this is worse than drugs. and more exspincive. lol
anyway my best heli`s are the syma 9081,the walkera 5#10 metal. syma s006 aloy shark and the blade 400. now ive sold 2 art-tech md500`s man are those things junk. ive sold a walera 60 metal.still have a walkera #52 for sale and a exceed eagle 50 for sale.

ok then i`ll stop typeing im sure your not reading it anyway. but have found most on here are good people. others that like to argue just cause they have nothing better to do.

im larry
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 PM
iRCHELi

ORIGINAL: bad400

ok then i`ll stop typeing im sure your not reading it anyway. but have found most on here are good people. others that like to argue just cause they have nothing better to do.

im larry
I read it all.

Kyle
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
AH-64_d

Bought a balsa stick and tissue P-38 kit for $1 in 1951. Took up RC in graduate school to keep from going nuts. Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew cutouts were the pilots of my first RC plane, Miss America. Learned it could cut down 4 rows of corn before disintegrating when pulled out of a death spiral at ground level. Never try to chase a buzzard with single channel escapement control. They always win. Got on with life. Returned to RC last year after realizing that a CX2 did not require a long drive to go fly. Twister Skylift is my cantankerous lifting vehicle. MCX is what to fly when the weather is bad. Will step up to fixed pitch when I can reflexively fly rings around all the trees in the yard in much the same way as knowing when to flare a hang glider to land.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jeff,

Got ya, You're everywhere. Take one of your power naps. It is a cool thread to find out about people and there helis.

You guys on the "Blades any Good" thread are awesome. [8D]

Glenn,

The CP Pro 2 looks great, super video. Really looks smooth for RTF and your Baseline. Seen you were at the shop.

Is JPEE napping Again???

Dave / Choppersrule

Dave ~

Yeah this thread is more interesting than most and is great to learn about all the team members here on the forum.... JPEE has been very sick for about 20 days now.... [] Hopefully he's starting to feel better. I missed this thread because it was during my 5 month break, so I was going back and catching up on a few.... My eyes hurt....LMAO...

Take care Chief !

~ Jeff
Old 03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 68 and learning to fly a Blade 400. I also fly turbines, ducted fans before that. Also fly a CX, MCX and a few foamies.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:55 AM
niteliter

Gonna hit the 56 hit that 56 mark this June...............
NOT as sharp as I was about 20 yrs ago..........
but Im trying...............[]
Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 AM
jackclarke

Put me in the back of the parade - shuffling along at 65. Started the hobby about 2 years ago - and still starting. Began with a Lama-V4. Upgraded to a CX2. Down graded to a Belt-CP. Couldn't fly it but sure got good at rebuilding it. Up graded to a TRex-450 V1 kit. Fun to build!! Hovers for minutes instead of seconds. Hard not to pee my pants from the excitement. Someday may even take off the training gear - on the heli too. 100's of hours on a simulator - maybe 1000's - lost track. Alzheimers. What was the question again?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
JPEE

Hello Dave,

Where to start. I retired at age 57 and now today 61, like CHOPPER DAVE and oldie but a goody. Been riding scooters, mini bikes, Harleys for 50 years. October 2007 I bought a Boss Hoss to my Harley collection, thats a two wheeled motorcycle with a fuel injected 350 chevy, 415 HP that ROCKS! It now sits in the corner of the garage waiting for a new home after a bump in the health and the doc said " no more motorcycles"! So I had to look around for something that would give me the FREEDOM and RUSH the motorcycles had provided so I thought......... RC helicopters! ! ! The rest is history as they say.....

December 07 it was an Air Hog for Christmas. About Feb 24, 2008 I bought a CX2. Then in April 2008 is was a Blade 400. May 2008 A second and third Blade 400. Around June 2008 I bought a Hirobo Quark. Around September I bought a T-28 plane for a some flying but with some relaxation in there too. Around November 2008 it was a T-Rex 500 and a MCX. While the 500 was on the bench still in its final stages of construction a sweet deal on a T-Rex 600 came up so napped it knowing full well I use it later.

Something else that came with this hobby "unexpected" was the brother hood here on the threads. While I am computer savey, I had no idea that these Forums existed. I thought all of this CHAT stuff for the grandkids. I am both glad and grateful for this group of guys, it has lead me to new real friendships for years to come.

"And that's the way I remember it, give or take a lie or two", Wyatt Earp.

JPEE
Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
choppersrule

Hello JPEE kinda guy,

I remember you posting a picture of the BIG ***** bike ya have. And it's made ya a "Chick Magnet"

Hope you're feeling better, don't forget the chicken soup. Again thanks for all your help.

Dave
Old 03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
RMG2

51 going on 17! My wife says I'll never grow-up and for once, I agree with her.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:39 PM
edmoor

im 49.....been into rc planes since i was old enough to fly the u controls....i got the areofly pro deluxe 5 years ago....didnt like the fact that all downloads were german. i since bought rf g4.5....with all the packs. its a good program...but....its not like the real thing. there is never any torque factor that comes with flying say the 330 series....its misleading to alot of newbies trying to learn to fly. sure it teaches the basics.....but....come down to the real airplane....on a real strip....that newbie is gonna be surprised. my question here is....where can i post some photos of a plane that i just finished....its a 330L extra....i made my own custom wing droops....as the 330 always looks unfinished with a squared off wingtip. you see these....you will want them too. i have 4 new planes i built this winter....waiting for the maiden flight. one is a gp slowpoke....the brazilian aquila....the birddog....and the extra 330L. I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE MY PICS!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
evdreamer

emoore,

This is where you can post photos of your planes. http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...pe=1&clubgal=0

Nick
Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
helicrazedout

WELL im 15 and i got a co-comanche and one totaly tricked out upgraded belt cp with a dx7 transmitter. i can fly them both well and hope to move into the 3d stuff long before the time i even turn 17 oh by the way i started flying at age 13!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
N1pster

Started the whole RC thing 20 years ago, rapidly moved to a RC Cars, Bought a Tamiya Hotshot II which I still have and still works and later on a Tamiya Porsche 959 which I also still have but need a rear suspension strut, otherwise its fine.
The the heli's started...flew (crashed) a Silverlit PicoZ
then a HBK2 which got upgraded a little then sold. Got my money back.
then a Lama V4 which is fully upgraded and a shelf queen. Has excellent bespoke blades by Dave ((RCU member) His dad flies still and he's 83)
then built a Belt CP from a kit, which she that shall be obeyed learned to fly with. Sold. Got my money back
then a Mini Pred / Falcon 3D...still own
then a Twister Storm...still own.
then a Rex450XL...still own in the scaler below.
then a Rex600E...still own.
then her a Rex600E...still own.
then a Rex450S...still own.
and finally a Rex500CF which is also hers.

Have 2 planks, and Ultrafly Ultimate Biplance (hers) and an Extra 260 (mine)

Think thats it for now.

Hello my name is Pete and I have a Lipo addiction. [8D]
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 AM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

I am 34 at the end of this month. Currently, my kids and I fly a CX3 and practice on the Flight Sim. I have a Blade 400 on the way and hope to have fun with it, but I need to master hovering on the Sim first.

Anyhow, I've started RC cars ~22yrs ago and started heli's this year. It's fun!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
cgage2

Born 5 years and 1 month after the end of WW2. That would make me 59. I'd rather be 30.
2 mcx's 2 cx2's 1 hb fp
Old 03-02-2009, 04:11 PM
paynezoo

i think im the youngest at 12 just turned 12 on the 31 of jan............i have a blade mcx, trex 450sa, traxxas rustler and hoping to get a trex 600 next year in the summer
if you see alot of my posts you will see many spelling errors considering if failing spelling............[X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.