Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade 400 issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
×SlappY×

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade 400 issues

hey guys, ive had my 400 for about a month now, i recently got into a decent crash. i had a few parts to change, and two of my servo's got broken gears. so i fixed them up. repaired the heli to to a 100%. i plug in my battery and all my controlls are messed up. using the right stick, when i push it to the left, the helicopter leans forward, if i push it to the right, it goes right. push backwards, it goes back... and forward it goes left.. All my settings in my transmitter have never been played with, my wiring is all correct, i like triple checked it.... the only thing i can see wrong is i dont have the stock servos on it. im using eflites s75's. Also this may help, the two that had to swap are the elevator and aileron i belive.

Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
jp473

Default RE: blade 400 issues

Common occurrence. Eflight servos run in reverse to most of the others. Change your servo settings in the TX in the servo reverse section. See if that helps. I went through the same thing when I changed mine for hs56’s
Old 04-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Wolfpackin

The S75's probably move at a different rate than the DS75's so your swashplate is not tilting correctly for the given inputs.
All three cyclic servos should be the same.

Just a guess but the S75's probably move in the same direction as the DS75's since they are both E-flite servos.
So you shouldn't have to reverse them in the TX Reverse menu.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:55 PM
SeaComms

I agree with wolf in that the servos being eflite I wouldnt have expected to be reversed, but that said, this is eflite and they do things because they can, so who knows!!!

Quick check, when you move the throttle up (disconnected motor of course) check that all three servos are pulling the swash plate down. If two of them are pushing it up, then the new servos are reversed.

If on the other hand all 3 pull it down then I would suggest you have reversed the connections for the two servos you replaced. Connections for the receiver from left to right looking at the end of the receiver are as follows - Battery (normally empty for stock), ESC, Aileron (bottom of the rear servos), Elevator (front servo), Gyro main connection, Gyro Gain connection (single wire plug), Top rear servo.

However, again as wolf has mentioned, all 3 should be the same brand and same model on swash plate to give the same travels and keep the swash level through all ranges of pitch.