Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Stock E-flite servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
xx954hxcafexx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock E-flite servos

My bro and I have a Blade400, Never crashed it, or slammed it down, no extreme flying, just been practicing hovering, i was watching my bro land it, then while it was on the ground with the rotors still spinning fast, the rotors went full pitch, and it took off backwards and crashed, completly on its own. after the shock of the crash we started seeing what happened and the elevator servo completly shat out, Ive seen before the review of this heli, and heard about servos failing, but i didnt relize what would actually happen to it when a servo failed until i watched ours crash.....
Anyways my bro called up horizon today and talked to a "Heli Expert" and he said theres nothing wrong with the stock servos and "Theres no reason for the servos to fail even in extreme 3D Flight", my bro then said theres tons of reviews and ppl online complaining about the stock servos, the horizon heli expert replied "they must be lying". anyways there hooking us up with a majority of the parts that got thrashed from the servo failure.. so its all good, but we dont wanna fly again until we upgrade all of our servos.
what are good servos to replace these stock ones?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
SeaComms

Default RE: Stock E-flite servos

Yep, sucks dont it. Been there, done that, bought the replacement bits to prove it The HS65's are pretty good, a little fidly to intall as they are tight, but very good servos and quite cheap (bout $20 each from Central Hobbies).
Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
F-15 Fan

Horrizon said that "they're lieing" about these servos? Why don't you show them all the servo complaints, maybe they will put different servos in them.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:23 PM
xyster101

I have read a fair amount about the poor quality of the E Flight servos, but to be honest, they have sold a lot of helis and from what people say, the servos only strip on a crash. I have read only three cases (yours is 4) of the servo failing randomly. Mine only stripped out when I crashed it and that was after 30 flights. The majority of people have no problems until they stress them with a rough landing or crash. If it was a failed servo, how do you really know? Of course the servo was stripped, you looked at it after a crash. A radio glitch could have caused that, an accidental bump of Idle up or movement of the stick wrong could have too.
Eflite is good about customer service and it is good to hear they are helping you out. My first battery was bad and they mailed me a new one.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
xx954hxcafexx

yea, e flite has good customer service, and i can assure you it was not pilot error that caused the crash. also the charger we got was broken and never indicated it was completley charged, but they hooked us up on that to.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 PM
SeaComms

When I complained that one of my servos shat itself and dumped the heli, the aussie importers firstly said wow, never heard of that before, but in the same breath said they would send out replacements for all the broken bits and the servo before even seeing the servo (and before I had even asked)! They sent me the servo, new blades, new main shaft, new feathering shaft and new flybar.

I have a long history in customer service, and you do not offer to replace things unless you already knew they were prone to fail like that. They did ask me to return the servo so they could put a warranty claim into horizon - but they believed what I said about without even seeing it.

I must admit tho - before the new servo arrived I had already replaced them with HS-65's. If one could fail like that I wasnt going to risk them again.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Coyote64

I think the stock servos are pretty junk, the may be able to withstand the 3d flying, but they are no way near ready for a noobie

First thing i did after servo failure was replace them with hitec HG metal geard servos and have no problem and more confidence in the heli now

I think half the problem is that the Blades price, everybody must agree that ats its price tag its a bargin, worth the price for the radio gear alone.

But.......... to be able to manufactor, build, and supply at this price corners must be cut, or the price would rocket. Things such as digital servos not being used and junk servos all round.

We cant really cpomplain as you cant get such a competant bird for the price

All we can do is learn how to upgrade when parts give up