Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

RESPECT

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:03 AM
MSTAPLES22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RESPECT

I HAVE MUCH RESPECT TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAN FLY HELLIS.
WHEN I BAUGHT MY BLADE 400 THE GUY ASKED ME IF IT WAS MY FIRST HELLI AND I REPLIED YES, HE SMILED REAL BIG AND SAID HIM AND I WERE GOING TO BECOME REAL GOOD FRIENDS. WELL ABOUT 30 MIN OF FLIGHT TIME AND 3 TOTAL REBUILDS LATER LARRY AND HIS DOG LOLA KEEP PARTS STOCKED UP FOR ME LOL I AM WORKING OUT OF TOWN NOW SO FINDING SOMEONE WITHIN AN HOUR DRIVE FROM ME IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN SO THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR THE ADVICE.
I AM GOING TO KEEP TRYING TO LEARN AS LONG AS I HAVE A DOLLAR IN MY POCKET. THE CHALLENGE HAS ME HOOKED
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 AM
soloboss

Default RE: RESPECT

There is a growing number of us who are starting the hard way. With NO knowledge of a CP helicopter, my first move was to bounce my new BELT CP off the ceiling really hard.
I too am learning. It may have been easier to start with a kit.
But with the guys on the forum we'll get through this.
Happy rebuilding!
Soloboss
Old 04-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Guys, Look for the Radd's school of Rotary flight lessons on line. Can't recommend it enough. You don't need altitude to learn. Doc
Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
xyster101

Welcome to the world of helis!!! Try out Radds!! it is slow, but teaches you the basics with no crashes if you can stick to it. I too just bought a Blade 400, but I have flown a simple fixed pitch for 3 months, so the Blade 400 was not a big deal. I did crash it last week hard. Purchase a simulator for around $200, that will save you a lot of coin in the long run. You can practice things on there to see if they will work. Also ask your LHS if there is a flying field close. Having others around helps you out when learning and setup. Also this site has some great setup videos, although with three rebuilds, you might know all this already: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ight=setup+101

Max
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
ThinAir

ORIGINAL: MSTAPLES22

I HAVE MUCH RESPECT TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAN FLY HELLIS ... SO THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR THE ADVICE.
I AM GOING TO KEEP TRYING TO LEARN AS LONG AS I HAVE A DOLLAR IN MY POCKET. THE CHALLENGE HAS ME HOOKED
Ditto!! [&:]
Old 04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Coyote64

The radds school of flight which i highly recommend is :

[link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]Radds school of flight[/link]

If its your first heli i would have recommended a coaxial such as a blade cx2 for confidence and oriantation purposes

I think for your first heli your lhs was thinking of money insted of good advice

But it is a steep learning curve, keep on it and happy flying
Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
xTankx

Yea, a lot of us are all in the same boat. My Father and I got into it at the same time with Blade 400s, he has his nitro plane too. Pop and I made a stand we saw someone had made from youtube.

Gonna go take some pics, might help you out, helped out dad's co-ordination and orientation without fear of crashing.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:39 PM
xTankx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4XB7VUBpg

One better than pics.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
xTankx

Oh, how it works.

When you attach the heli to it, it will tip on an angle. The top as you can see it designed to articulate, and as you get better you just back the screw out to make it more of a possible angle. So, when you power up the heli, on an angle, your goal is to get it to level out first. One thats done in the tail in orientation, give it some juice and it rises out of the outer pole. the bungie keeps it from flying right off. Then, you keep the throttle at a point which keeps the heli mid point so you arent stressing the bungie at all, and it isnt touching the pole. You want to try and keep it level, tail in, and mid way up the pole
Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
MSTAPLES22

TANK
THANKS ALOT FOR THE INFO AND VIDEO ON THE STAND. THAT IS A GREAT IDEA. I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO AND MANY OTHERS TOO. YOUTUBE IS GREAT