Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Spektrum Dx6i changing from Heli to Airplane

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Spektrum Dx6i changing from Heli to Airplane

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Smudgyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Dx6i changing from Heli to Airplane

Hi

Any help would be appreciated.

In the Spektrum Dx6i manual it says:

"TO SELECT A MODEL TYPE
Rotate the roller to highlight the desired model type ACRO (airplane) or HELI helicopter then press the roller to program that model type in model memory. Note that when changing model type all programming from the previous model will be erased and the new model will be reset to factory default settings".

So if I switch over to Airplane mode all my heli setups will be lost?

Have just bought a Foamy (never flown before) for flying indoors and out when the weather calms down!

I was thinking I could use both Airplane and Heli on the same TX without losing all the settings without loosing all the settings when I switch over?

Phil

Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 AM
jp473

Default RE: Spektrum Dx6i changing from Heli to Airplane

You can setup up to 10 different RC models in the DX6i. Properly done you won’t lose anything. User manuals are written by techno people and sometimes fall short of explaining to the average user just what you need to know. But don’t worry. Someone will come to the rescue and tell all of us that haven’t done a reprogram of one of these beasties what we need to do. I’m not one of those people. Just know it can be done.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 AM
tubamike78

i have 2 heli's and 6 planes programed into mine, it easy to do.
to programe another plane into the dx6i, the first thing you want to do is turn on the radio and push the roller/selector to get into the Adjust list. do not hold the button in because that will take you into the setup list, just tap it to get into the adjust list.
Select Model Select
next you want to scroll down to the next empty model, for you it would be model 2
after you have model 2 selected, scroll up to main and select it, this will take you back out into the main (home) screan.
Now you want to hold the roller/selector down a couple seconds to enter into the set-up list.
Now you can change it to acro, and it will only effect the channel 2 that you have your airplane on. it will have no effect on channel 1 that your helicopter is on

I hope this helps
Old 04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
SeaComms

When you set up the 'new' model, you will need a second receiver to bind it to, you dont 'have' to, but this the way its designed to work. When you bind model 2 to this new receiver, all programming for the second model and the second model only will work on this second receiver. When you then switch back to model one (the Blade 400) it will automatically reconnect to the blades receiver, no reprogramming required. This process can be repeated up to all 10 model memories.

When they say all programming will reset to default, they are referring to the new model being at default settings, it will not effect your original model. If you are programming up another model of the same or similar type (for example, another ccpm heli) you can 'copy' the current model to a new memory position to use as a starting point rather than reprograming from scratch.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Smudgyboy

Hi thanks for the info lads, its all up and running now.... ah the power of the interweby!

Phil