Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

What a fun heli

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Helibud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a fun heli

Hi to all,

Just had to chime in about what a great time I had my first day with the blade 400. I havent flown any rc since my wife of 25 yrs passed away Sept 7th 2007 from complications during a stem cell transplant at City Of Hope, She was 44, I guess I just couldnt do things that were enjoyable for a long time. So anyway this chopper was a blast to fly, I only hovered mind you its been a while and I didnt want to crash first time out, With only a few minor issues I worked through this really was a fly right out of the box machine. It is my first experience with electirc flight and it so far is a great way to go, clean and easy. Just have to pay attetion to battery levels. (Unlike nitro where you can see fuel levels) This bird was just what I needed no building, minor setup, a little trimming and I was back flying. Sorry if I bored anyone I look forward to searching the archives for answers to my questions, and seeing what you guys and girls are upgrading with. Regards, Bud

Old 05-03-2008, 11:44 PM
vince.b
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What a fun heli

I love mine also..
If you got the radio with it I recommend changing the gryo switch to the flight mode switch.. this way the gain goes down with the higher head speed and goes back up when you are just flying around in normal mode.
I picked up a few extra packs from flight power. There 1800 3cell packs are 12 grams lighter then the stock battery and also put the eflight pack to shame.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Helibud

Thanks for the info Vince. Regards Bud
Old 05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Wolfpackin

Hey Bud,

First and foremost, I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the pain that you had to endure.
I will add that I know from experience that time does indeed heal all wounds. Or at the very least, the pain lessens as time goes on.

I'm glad you're getting back to the things you enjoy. I think the B400 is a great way to get back in the game.
I got mine back in January when the first batch was shipped. I tried to follow everything on the B400 in four forum websites.
I learned early on from Jim and Jamie Robertson of Team Horizon to move the tail servo's ball in one hole on the servo arm.
That will help prevent binding at the endpoints and increase the servo/gyro resolution.
Some other simple but effective things to do are: round the canopy mounting rods, lube the grommets and cut two small peices of air/fuel tube and slip them on the rod to hold it in place. This makes removal and installation of the canopy much easier.

It seems the biggest change most are making is to upgrade the cyclic servos and the gyro/tail servo. The servos have a bad reputation of being weak and stripping easily. They do indeed strip in almost every crash. Some have reported servos failing or stripping in flight and causing a crash. I think these cases are few considering the number of B400's being sold. I had over 100 very easy flights with no issues. I just recently installed 3 Hitec HS-65's. I'm still using the stock gyro and have had pretty good success getting it to hold, but from what I read it's nowhere near as good as a high end gyro. I guess it depends on your needs and flying style.
My flying style is to do everything possible to keep it in the air...and that's it right now.

The great thing about the B400 is that it will fly right out of the box. It's good as is. But there's also plenty of upgrades and modifications out there if one desires or if dictated by flying style.

I hope you continue to enjoy your heli as much as I'm enjoying mine.
Good luck & have fun.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Helibud

Hey Wolfpackin thank you for the kind words, And thank you even more for the tips you listed I will try them all. Regards Bud.