Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

How is suppose to hover blade CX2???

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

How is suppose to hover blade CX2???

Old 05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
CARLOSHUGGINS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is suppose to hover blade CX2???

Ok as I have explained on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7450113&key=]other post[/link].... I finally made my heli to fligth... but I'm having trouble hovering... I have been fighting over with the trim and the sticks only to make the heli to stand still in one place... of course is not a still hover it keeps itself in area like 3 feet square (1mts2).... like with a really small Toilet swirl effect(i checked my flybar, and is as straight as I can make it straight, I'm waiting for the spare part)... the hover is made like at 6 feet any less and It goes wack...

The thing is I remember a steadier heli when it was new... or I'm getting a better pilot and understanding where really my heli is.... I really don't know... how is suppose to hover???

I also have realize 3 different stage of hovering and even flying.. when the battery is at full charge... medium charge.. and low charge... and I have to set up trims and stuff in each fase of the battery charge.... I don't think this is normal... or it is???

And finally...if anyone have found a step by step guide to correctly setup the 3-in-1 for a Blade CX2... going trought both dials (GAIN and MIXER)... Will really apreciate it...
Old 05-08-2008, 05:33 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: How is suppose to hover blade CX2???

The only thing that should change with different battery levels is the rudder and that is normal. It might not move at the beginning, then slowly start rotating another way without rudder input. I start out by increasing the gain until the tail wags then I back it off a little. Then halfway through a flight I adjust the mixer until the helicopter doesn't rotate without rudder input. That way it doesn't rotate that much with different battery levels.

Nick
Old 05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.heli-wiki.com/mediawiki/i..._and_CX2_Setup

I belive that is the guide posted by soloboss last year and although some of it may not be directly aimed at the newer CX2's the basics are always the same. give it a read and see if it helps you some. The site frequently seems to be down so I just copy'd the entire thing and saved it to my computer.
Credit for this amazing amount of work goes to Mark, aka Soloboss!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
UTM

Carlos - My CX2 has always behaved predictably in that during the flight as the battery discharges it will begin to rotate one way or the other. It has always been nose left for mine. I will start with the rudder tab dead center and by the end of the pack I will be about 3 clicks left on the tab. the motors although pretty well made still are not precision engeneered. The will have slightly different resistance rates and this is what causes the rotation. As the pack gets lower it amplifies the problem. it is perfectly normal. As far as the hover behavior goes you should be able to dial in a stock CX2 to hover on 1 spot for a number of seconds without any inputs. it is sometimes called hands-off hover. 10 seconds or around about is not abnormal for a well tuned bird. Now of course if you start putting mods on it to make it more agile you will sacrifice stability and that window will shrink. I have alum upper, lower, bearing cup, swash plate. Xtreme 180bb motors v1, a CF boom, and a shortened flybar. my CX2 will still hover very stable but not hands off for long. I still have no problems keeping it inside a 2' area with no toilet bowel swirl. Keep at it. You'll get there. the soloboss guide that arrow posted will help alot. Read it, live it. Everything will apply to your bird as everything on the CX2 is the same as the CX besides the radio equipment and the airframe.

Good luck and don't be discoraged.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
eat2muchrice

Go to this link to watch "the best of the best" hovers.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_70...tm.htm#7008320
Old 05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
goldslinger

If You yank the rudder spring out of the TX, You will never have to Dink with the stupid trim ever again; nor lean on the stick.

You don't need that spring; that and file down the stupid throttle ratchet and You can keep a hover wherever the Heck You like.

You won't regret it.

Gary