Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Spare parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare parts

Just got a CX2 and this is all new to me. I'm doing alot of reading and plan to take it very slow. I know things happen, so here the ? What common spares do I want to get in advance and have on hand & the best place to get them ... thanx
Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 AM
casey_lamm

Default RE: Spare parts

Blades, flybar, main shaft, inner shaft. I would get them in that order.

I have not needed the shafts, but the blades and flybar I have gone through 2 sets.

Happy flying!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
casey_lamm

Also might want to get some training gear, because they gear has a bigger footprint then the diameter of the blades in motion it makes blade strikes less likely. Ive got some avail if you are interested, pm me.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Ok, I will look to getting the above spares. I do have the trainers. Any other spares to think of ? Also best place to get those parts ? Price and fast shp'g.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Fisher

nomobux,

You might want to read through these forums a bit more. My son bought a CX a while back and as many posters have noted neither the CX nor CX2 are perfect flyers out of the box unless you are lucky enough to get a really good one. We have replaced all the head gear from the swash plate to the main shaft with the aluminum parts E-flite sells. But I also ended up buying a replacement tail boom and see some almost indestructable blade systems for sale. My suggestion is to fly stock as long as you can with a new set of blades ready for replacement and perhaps a set of training gear. But once you break any part of the main gear go ahead and upgrade the entire thing.

http://www.bladecx2.com/upgrade_parts3.html

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/category_s/9.htm

Just putting on a carbon fiber tail boom makes this heli look much better.

Have fun.