Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

DX6i/CX2 Tail Wagging

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 PM
ferretface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i/CX2 Tail Wagging

Hello Everyone, I could use some help.

My CX2 flys rock solid with the stock TX and servo gain at mid point. When I bind to the DX6i I'm getting alot of tail wagging even with the gain pot full CCW. I've tried binding in "Heli" and "Acro" thinking there might be a difference but I get the same result. Is there some adjustment on the DX6i that may be causing this? Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul
Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: DX6i/CX2 Tail Wagging

When I fly my CX with a DX7 my tail never wags, but it twitches with the stock transmitter.

Nick
Old 05-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

When I fly my CX with a DX7 my tail never wags, but it twitches with the stock transmitter.

Nick
How do you get it rock solid with the Spektrum TX?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 AM
ferretface

I guess "rock solid" is a relative term, it twitches a bit with the stock Tx but doesn't wag like it does with the DX6i. I noticed a little tail wag on the 400 this morning too. I wonder if I have a Tx problem? Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Paul
Old 05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
evdreamer

I just followed what spektrum had programmed into their DX7 and I added a few mixes.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1658

Nick
Old 05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
JPEE

Evdreamer,

I met a guy at the LHS, a customer. We got to chatting up this very issue of using the DX6 for the CX 2. He noted that like we all know when you stick foward on the CX, yes it does go forward but it drifts right as I remember. Any way he said that could be taken out with DX6. Is that something you might have tweaked for yourself in your set up?

JPee
Old 05-11-2008, 01:46 PM
evdreamer

You could do that, but I just added mixes to add more throttle when I went forward and turned. In the mix menus you could choose when you add foward elevator to add a % of left aileron. I just messed with the percents until I found what best worked for me.

Nick
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
ferretface

Nick,

Thanks for the link. I went back through the setup process again with the same result. If the gain pot had another 1/4 turn available I might get there. I call Horizon tomorrow and see if they have a clue.

Thanks, Paul
Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
evdreamer

Paul,

Your welcome. Sorry you couldn't stop the wagging.

Nick
Old 05-16-2008, 04:01 AM
funflier

I was just looking through here and I saw your post. I bought a dx6i from a cx2 owner a few blocks from me that had the same problem on a 4 in 1 . Seems this is only on the dx6i not the dx7. He got it toned down a little by setting it up in Heli and the 120 swashplate and the gain turned down all the way. The tail still made flying a chore and as I remember he had no way to change the throttle curve. He sticks to RC Groups and seems this is a known shortcoming but there is a fix but I dont remember what it is. Might try the dx6i thread.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 AM
DrunkYoda

Didn't read all of the posts but have you tried replacing the motors sometimes they get out of whack and getting 2 new one's fixes the issue right away. They really should be replaced at the same time so they move fairly similarly.

DY
Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM
ferretface

funflier - Thanks! I'll take a look at RC Groups and see if they have a clue. I've tried the Heli setup with 120 swash without much improvement. I talked with Horizon today and they suggested adjusting the travel limits or adding expo to the rudder so I'll give that a try.

DrunkYoda - I actually installed the new SE180 motors just prior to trying the DX6i TX (should have tried it with the stock motors first!). I'm wondering if they may not be broken in yet and are kind of fighting each other until they run-in but it doesn't show up with the stock TX. I'll fly it some more and see if things get better. Thanks for the post.

Paul
Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Carljw

I have my CX2 and DX6i in areo mode with a little right rudder on the trim and I had to mess with the 3in 1 gain but got the tail to hold steady.
Carl