Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

buying first blade, whats the best?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

buying first blade, whats the best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: buying first blade, whats the best?

just started putting back together the cp pro, just put on the swashplate and all that but are ending now since im tired lol
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
rotarydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def,

Well, it's a start, anyways!

Did you get to fly the CX2 anymore? Isn't it hot, or rainy, or both down there?

I had a great flying day today, and I even flew the CPP, and it flew great!! I really enjoy it when there is little or no wind, it makes all the difference!! The tail was even pretty well behaved too! The tail motor is pretty new, that's probably why...

Hope you get the CPP back together and flying soon !!

Keep in touch...

Glenn
Old 06-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Deftones123

flew the cx2 today, but it was pretty windy out today, had a problem with the main shaft slipping on the lower collar, so I took the screws out and loctited them all over, it was getting no lift at all, but the cp pro is coming along, going to be finished by friday since i have that day off from work to work on the heli's, I hope my cp pro flies as good as yours when its back up lol anything else new with you guys?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:50 PM
rotarydoc

Def,

I also hope yours flys well for you...

That is the best time I have ever had with my CPP, it restores my confidence in them!! I am deff looking forward to the direct drive tail for the CPP 2 when it becomes available...I really want to try one out now!!

I attribute the great flying with the CPP mostly due to the fact that there was little or no wind...sure was nice!!

Good luck on the rebuild, and hopefully you can get it done by Friday, so you can enjoy it for the weekend...

Glenn
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I had a good day with the T-Rex even though it was hot. I made some nice slow climbs and decends. That might be boring for some, but I had a good time. I have been looking at fuselages and I think I want to get a Hughes 500D. I have some extra stuff I am thinking about selling to get the fuselage. The helicopter shook a little when it was coming down fast with the slow head speed.

Good to hear you enjoyed the CPP. I took mine out after the T-Rex flight and the tail was all over and kicking 90 and 180 degrees. I think the tail motor is out again.

Nick
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I'll bet that Hughes fuselage looks pretty cool...got a link to it or a picture?

Yeah, my tail was pretty well behaved, as the motor is almost brand new...that won't last long!

Flying it has rekindled my interest in it, and the DD tail when it becomes available...now I think someone was saying late July....so much for the late June release they were talking about...

I have noticed that the big 40 amp ESC stays pretty cool, and it cools down quickly, much quicker than the motor does. I had plenty of time to wait for the heli to cool down between 5 packs...

Glenn
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Here is the 500D
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6895

The Airwolf and A109 might be cool too.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6889
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6886

Good to hear the ESC is working really good.

Nick
Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Deftones123

looks like its going to be another week before I can get the cp pro up and running I have all the parts except the hardware set and paddle control frame pushrod, my lhs store is sold out, so I have to order them now, I have everything else except those two parts, sucks so I just ordered them online
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
evdreamer

Sorry you couldn't get the CPP flying soon. Least you can fly the CX2.

Nick
Old 06-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Deftones123

lol yeah, I just sold one of my watches on ebay for 370 bucks, so i wanna buy some stuff for my heli's or possibly a new one, but im prob only going to keep like 80 bucks of it and use the rest on bills
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Deftones123

are the plastic training blades any good for the cp pro?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
evdreamer

I am thinking about selling my guitar and amp, but I don't know how much I can get out of them.

I still use plastic flat blades on my CPP. It seems everytime I put wooden blades on I crash and with the plastic ones I don't. But mine were pretty out of balanced.

Nick
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Deftones123

hmm, i was thinking about trying some plastic ones, only because I crash with the wooden ones alot, and it gets expensive, I heard that using plastic blades, you have more of a chance of messing up the head and spindle, because they don't give way when you crash, not sure if thats true, and what plastic ones do you use?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Deftones123

so out of the 370 bucks, I get to keep 80, just got myself the rest of the cp pro parts, a common sense lipo battery for my cx2, so I will have 3 packs now, then im going to pick up 2 sets of blades for the cp pro, and another battery for the cp pro
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Def,

What's up?

Sounds like you will be stocking up on parts and batteries, that is cool...

Too bad the LHS didn't have all of your CPP parts, where did you order your parts from?

Have you flown the CX2 lately?

I didn't fly today, too busy at work...had to work late to make up for a very poor week so far...

Hope all is well....

Glenn
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Deftones123

flew two batteries in the house today, didnt get a chance to fly outside it was raining out, I ordered my parts from a guy on ebay called hopmeup, I buy most of my stuff from him, decent prices and very veyr fast shipping, thats where I got my cp pro for 150 dollars shipped, hows flying over there?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 PM
rotarydoc

Def,

Yeah, I have dealt with him as well, I got my aluminum bearing holder from him...very good service and prices for sure...

I didn't get any flying in today, it was too windy, plus I was busy at work, trying to make money to support my fleet...lol

I see where you are thinking about plastic blades? I have never tried them, if you do, let me know how you make out with them...I think the one guy was saying something about boom strikes with plastic....and I have read that as you noted, the plastic blades tend to transfer the energy of a crash to the rotor head/main shaft alot more than the wood blades do.

I don't know if that is the case, I don't know how you would really be able to tell...

It would save you some cash on the blades, anyways...

Bummer that you can't fly the CPP this weekend...

I hope to get lots of flying in this weekend, but I don't know about the weather. It's supposed to be hot, and with afternoon and evening thunderstorms all 3 days...so we'll see. It might be a sim weekend!!

Hope you get some flying weather back soon...

Glenn
Old 06-26-2008, 11:38 PM
ajaxstoke

I fly my Cx2 Out side all the time. There are so many things that you can do to a Cx2, that don't take much time or money. You can make it fly how you want it to, and make it look like anything as well. The hardest part of flying a helo outside is wind, you'll just have to learn how to fight the weak winds that don't want to bring your helo back to you and on top of that trick you'll have to land every time with out crashing, if you buy anything bigger than a Co-axle cx2 for you first helo, be Prepared to fly your chopper for 10 - 20 minutes and then forking a whole lot a money to repair the damn thing. I Seroiusly recommend the CX2 before anything else. You could always Buy a Cx2, use the controller then a Simulator to learn how to fly More Costly Helicopters.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Deftones123

hmm, i was thinking about trying some plastic ones, only because I crash with the wooden ones alot, and it gets expensive, I heard that using plastic blades, you have more of a chance of messing up the head and spindle, because they don't give way when you crash, not sure if thats true, and what plastic ones do you use?
I got some at the LHS by JCShobbies. It looks like they have B400 and Trex blades too. But I hit a pretty thick piece of plywood with them and it only bent the spindle, flybar, and mainshaft. No worse than a normal crash. And there was only a little scratch on the blades after. http://www.jcshobbies.com/products_blade.html

Nick
Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Deftones123

hmm i was looking at these on ebay just to see how they are [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/blades-for-E-flite-Eflite-blade-CP-cp-pro-rc-heli-BCP_W0QQitemZ150261969119QQihZ005QQcategoryZ34056Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]blades[/link]
Old 06-28-2008, 09:07 PM
rotarydoc

Def,

So, are you gonna give these blades a try? I'd like to see how they do if you end up trying them out.

Let us know...

Glenn
Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
sonat

something else to consider
info to know: now available
EXxtreme core v3 final edition
more info there:
www.rcrivesud.com
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Evan T.

well this is an old thread i miss talking on here as much as we used to
Old 09-18-2008, 12:21 AM
evdreamer

Hey Evan we moved over to this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7669097/mpage_48/tm.htm]thread[/link]. All of us are still on almost every day. I don't know if you knew this, but Deftones123 changed his username to Helistyle. Helistyle and Rotarydoc have some cool new helicopters.

Are you flying your CPP as much as you are driving your RC vehicle(s)?

Nick