Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

bladecx2 spinning to right

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

bladecx2 spinning to right

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
rebelabc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bladecx2 spinning to right

can someone please help a new bladecx2 user. the heli has a problem spinning to the right. i have been adjusting the gain a bit but for now not getting to where i want. Still spinning to the right and for someone who has flied cp before dont see why the difficulty but dying to get the heli right so as to fly
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: bladecx2 spinning to right

Did you try using the Proportional potentiometer? That controls the amount going to each motor. The gain is the gyro part of the 3 in 1.

Nick
Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 AM
BryFlyGuy67

You need to adjust the proportional mixing of the power going to each rotor motor. On your 3-in-1, you have two adjustment screws. The one closest to the nose of the Heli is the gain. The one farthest aft is the proportional mix.

When you hover, use the rudder trim to balance out the rotation. Then, power off and note whether you have left or right trim applied. Ensure that you disconnect your battery to your Heli and then adjust the prop mix adjustment in the same direction as you adjusted your trim. Then, zero out your trim on your radio and fly again. Make further adjustments as needed.

I find that it is useful to set both the gain and prop mix to the middle of their travel when making this adjustment initially, as the gain setting does also have a small effect on the prop mix. When you make adjustments, think in terms of 1/16th of a turn.

Also, do not make this adjustment based on a freshly charged battery. Run your Heli for 2 - 3 minutes and adjust it afterwards.

HTH
Old 05-13-2008, 09:14 AM
UTM

Rebelabc - Certainly follow bry's post on adjusting the prop pot. This will most likely solve your problem but if not I would like to add a couple of possible mech. problems that may account for this.

First you need to check both of your shafts for straightness. Remove the blades and look down on the top of the spindle. push the left stick all the way right and give a little juice. This will spin one shaft. Check for wobble. Repeat by pushing stick all the way left. If you see any wobble replace the effected shaft. After you have checked them both indepently check at same time. It's the same procedure only spin it up at center rudder stick. You should see very little or preferably no wobble/vibration in the whole assembly when running.

Now that we are sure your shafts are straight make sure your blades track well (I assume you would have made sure blades are balanced before installing them) by installing them and spinning them up one set at a time. Start with the uppers. Looked at from eye level to the spinning disk be sure one of the other isn't flying high. If it is you can adjust the linkage from your fly bar in or out to correct. Turn it one turn in and spin up again if it is worse go out until they track pretty much as one disk. Particularly the upper blades if not tracking well can cause a loss of lift and cause the heli to spin. Do the lower blades in the same manner only there is no linkage to adjust so apply tape to the higher trackin blade until they line up.

Shafts straight, blades balanced and tracked and still spinning.....You may have a bad bearing or bad gear mesh. Check the gear mesh first by putting a piece of printer paper in between the pinion on the motor and the gear. It should fit tightly but without punching holes in the paper. I will usually loosen the motor mount screws a quarter turn then feed paper in between and push the motor as tight to the paper as you can and tighten the screws. This will set mesh pretty well. Do this on both gears every time you replace a shaft. Last thing is to check the bearings. It kinda sucks because you'll have to take the heli apart but if you find a bad bearing it'll be worth the time. Pull the heads swash and shafts and check each earing in the assemblage by putting it onto it's respective shaft and spinning. If you've got a bad one it'll not spin freely and/or sound like it's got a grain of sand inside. If you run into either one of these replace the bearing. If one is bad it may be barely noticable and you'll think "no way this could cause my problems" but during flight the bearing will heat up due to friction and the problem will be amplified. Now a small catch will be a hardly spinning bearing.

Well enough rambling from me. I would definately start with the 3-1 adjustments. Consider my options only if that doesn't do it for ya.

Good luck!

Uri