Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 Monitoring Menu

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 Monitoring Menu

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
arpicom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 Monitoring Menu

I have a Blade400/Spektrum DX6i rc and I have this issue:

A) If I load up the first model in the RC which is the blade400 then the heli moves right when I move the sticks but if I go in the RC's menu under MONITOR everything is wrong in there. Like if I only move the throtle stick up I can see movement on the aileron and elevator in the monitor menu.

B) If I load the second model in the RC and I connect the RC to my Phoenix Simmulator the heli moves right when I move the sticks and if I go in the MONITOR menu the movement there also looks right as oposed to the first case.

My question here is can you please look in your RC in the monitor menu and tell me if yours does the same thing (as in case A)?
(IF YOU HAVE THE SAME HELI/RC OF COURSE). Your opinions are appreciated but if you could take a look at the monitor menu that would be great. I recall I had it right for the heli and for the monitor menu when I bought this guy and the monitor menu helps me a lot with the settings.

Thank you,
Dan
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Wolfpackin

Default RE: Blade 400 Monitoring Menu

Like if I only move the throtle stick up I can see movement on the aileron and elevator in the monitor menu.
Remember, the left stick controls throttle and pitch.
So, when you move that stick all three cyclic servos have to move in order to change pitch and therefore move on the monitor screen.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Pilotwoody

Yes, I noticed the same thing with my Blade 400, and asked the same question.
Wolfpackin is correct, moving your throttle up not only increases the throttle it changes the pitch as well. So you are seeing this combined affect on the various controls when you look at the Monitor.
You're radio is working just like mine.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 AM
arpicom

Yeah, but it also moves on the aileron and elevator. I understand your answer but it doesn't make much sense. Anyway, when I bought it I am pretty sure it wasn't like that because I remember I looked at the monitor while changing settings around and that was how I understood their meaning. However, my feeling here is that when I diconnected the radio from the simulator after using it for the first time everything went bad. I couldn't get the heli to move right until I did a bunch of changes in the settings.

I will go and check a brand new one in the store but they are out of stock right now.
Thanks anyway,
Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
brian1280

that is because the aileron and elevator are 2 of the 3 servos that move to adjust pitch. Nothing is wrong, that is how mine was from the beginning.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Pilotwoody

Hi
Looking at mine again right now.
When I have the radio set to Model Blade 400, the Swash Type is set to CCPM 120, and looking at the Monitor, when I move the throttle is see the throttle move and the elevator and the aileron, and the aux (dont know what that is?).
However, for my simulator I can't have that Swash Type, I have to change the Swash Type to Single 90. With this Swash Type, looking at the Monitor, when I move the throttle I see ONLY the throttle move.
Perhaps you were looking at your Monitor after changing the Swash Type to work with your simulator?
But for the Blade 400 setup, sounds like your radio is working correctly.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:49 PM
SeaComms

The Monitor function on the DX6i is designed to show you what the actual servos would be doing. Very handy when setting up mixing for cyclics or V-tailed planes etc. Its not showing you where the sticks are, but represents the final output of the servo.

In the case of the B400, it is a 120 degree CCPM heli, which means it has 3 servos at 120 degrees apart to control the cyclic (in the DX6i these are elevator, aileron and Aux1 or pitch - depends on the menu you are looking at). All three move in the same direction for pitch, and all move in various combinations for elevator and aileron. Disconnect your battery and have a look at the servo and swash plate as you move the sticks around.

When you move the throttle, this also activates the pitch, so you will have 4 channels operating. And to think in the good old days this used to be done with mechanical mixing on the heli itself!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 PM
DrunkYoda

Not much to add other than Elevator is movement of all 3 servos, two fronts up or down and vice versa with rear. Aileron is both left and right servos moving opposite directions. Pitch is a combined movement of all 3.

There is no airplane equivalent where only 1 servo moves. The only exact equivalent between helis and planes are the rudder channel moves the nose right and left, I think...

Remember with Swash mixing and CCPM all servos have to be fully functional, meaning travel, trim, etc really has to be set perfect for decent flight. This goes for approximate speed of the 3 main servos also.

For anyone replacing with different brands or whatever you really should replace the 3 cyclic together with same brand manufacturer, style, torque speed etc. The tail should be your best servo and preferably digital with a digital gyro setting like a 401.

Not sure of factory Blade 400 gyro. Does it do Digital Signal? I know the servos are not digital but can it do digital if you get a proper servo?

DY
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM
arpicom

Thank you guys...

Dan