Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

New CP+ Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 PM
929erion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CP+ Glitches

New out of the box I would get a glitch in 30 seconds or less. Usually it jumps up and you can hear ther motor rev. I called Horizon and they sent me a new RX. I tried a friends Transmitter and it is a lot better. I still get a few glitches. Installed the new RX same glitches. It seems to be worst with the TX ant. extened.

Has anyone had the problems?

Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM
SureToCrash

Default RE: New CP+ Glitches

I had the same problem in December when I bought a blade cp+. It was very glitchy so i took it back to the lhs and they tried a new crystal and it worked but they still weren't comforatble with it so they gave me a new one off the shelf. I know that doesn't help you, but you are on the right track. Your tx could have a bad solder connection or your crystal might not be seated right, try checking that out.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
jfast

i had the same problem with my cp+, I switched crystals out of my cx . that made it a little better, mine is very sensitive to outside interference.I have since put my cp+ with a dx6i ,man what a hugh difference!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 PM
cessena1500

I installed a ar6100e rx. I am also using the dx6i, and I have not had one glitch. Plus you get to program in the tx exactly how you want the blade cp pro to handle. Its like night and day now flying the blade cp pro. I would recomend the ar6100. Its connections are in a better angle to plug wires in.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:33 PM
929erion

I called Horizon. They are sending a 3 in 1 controller. I do not think that will help. I am real close to installing a DX6I TX and the ar6100e RX.

Thank you for the input.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
cleansho93

I too have glitches with my Blade CP. Only problem is that mine is the original CP so it is using the 4-in-one unit (it does not use a seperate receiver like the 3-in-1). This is very frustrating because I already own a DX6i that came with my blade 400. I would have to purchase a 3-in-one unit and a spektrum receiver to get it to work with my DX6i.

I am sure that getting this heli on 2.4ghz will resolve this.

A little off topic but I would like to point out that its funny how many of us here share cross-hobbies. I notice your screen name 929erion. I ride a 954rr and also am into helis and airplanes. I have seen this before on the boards too, its seems that a lot of heli guys are into bikes too!

Good luck with your blade [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
929erion

I have a 2001 CBR929 Erion Racing Edition. A 2006 Kanata 600 and a 2005 Ninja 500. Also RC airplanes. I need to retire so I have time for the hobbies.

I also ride a bicycle about 4,000 miles a year.

Greg