Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Testing the water

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:10 AM
bluecnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing the water

Hello all. First post on this forum. I was given a Blade CX2 for Christmas and have been hooked almost obsessively ever since. I have been reading a lot of different post and have gained good info in a short time. I fly my heli outside only, having no room inside, and would like to get info on what upgrades actually work for outdoor flight with slight wind. Notice I said wind. I have upgraded to all aluminum parts parts on the shafts, carbon tail boom and very small canopy. I have no problem flying into and with a breeze but still get some blade slap when making sudden changes in direction. I love my Blade and am anything but bored with it. Hey look the wind has stopped and have a fresh charge on my battery. I'm outta here!

Thanks Y'all

Rob
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Testing the water

Xtreme extended head works well to prevent blade slap. You can make your heli take more wind abuse with a stonger motor and higher "C" rating battery. Good luck and welcome aboard!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 AM
stump3r

Rob, Kenn pegged it. Get the extended inner shaft and head from Xtreme, add the Xtreme blade grips and 180 motors. Then run a higher C rated lipo and you'll be off to the races....literally. The Xtreme blades and grips are worth every penny in my opinion. The blades are a harder plastic, provide greater lift and can take a real hard whack before breaking, that coupled with the fold away style of grip you will hardly ever have to buy blades again.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Tom Z

You can also move the servo arms to the second or third hole.
You will get more blade slap doing this so
make sure to get the Xtreme extended head like Crusader23 said
to raise the distance between the lower and upper blades.

I fly outside all the time and with the Xtreme extended head
and servos on the third holes and I don't have any problems
with blade slap.
Also my CX2 is fully modified.

Tom
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Tom Z

And a shorter flybar like the Vortex flybar will pretty much stop the flybar
from hitting the blades causing the blade slap.
Combined with the Xtreme extended head you will pretty much
eliminate blade slap unless you get real aggressive then it can still happen.

Tom
Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 AM
bluecnc

Wow!! That was fast. Almost as fast as my last flight. Crusader23, stump3r and Tom Z thanks for your quick response. I have already moved my servo arms out to the second hole. What a difference that made. Also, I have looked at the extreme upgrade for the whole shaft and blade system. Didn't know whether it was worth the 60 something dollars. Just kind of curious. Will the aluminum E-flite stuff fit on the extended shafts? I would hate to see all the bling go to waste. And another thing the indestructible skids are not. I managed to break one in a very bad crash. 75 feet in the air and out of radio range. Fell like a dead bird.

Thanks again.

Rob
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Tom Z

Your welcome Rob. Glad to help out!

The Xtreme (not extreme from bladecx2.com) extended head is only $12.99
The spare shaft for it is $3.95.
The head is taller so it raises the distance of the upper and lower blades.

You don't need the extreme core assembly to do this anymore. I had it and it worked good.
But didn't like to have to order a new inner and/or outer shaft each time it
needed to be replaced.
It gave you a longer inner and outer shafts to raise the distance between the
upper and lower blades.
Also some of the extreme parts (bladecx2.com) will not work with the E-flite aluminum parts, plastic only.

With the Xtreme extended upper head w/inner shaft you don't need longer
inner or outer shafts. Use you stock shafts.
The head is taller and it raises the distance between the upper and lower blades.
You can use this with your eFlight aluminum parts. I did. It is made to work with the Eflight parts.
You just swap out your old upper head with the Xtreme extended upper head
and your ready to fly with the upper and lower blade distance increased!
If you bend the shaft in a crash on the Xtreme extended upper head w/inner shaft
you can replace just the shaft on it it very easy and cheap.

Here are links below for the parts.

Tom

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...t_p/bcx020.htm

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...p/esl020-p.htm

Edit:

Link for shorter flybar.
Note: You will need to use your flybar link on this instead of the one it comes with.

http://www.slickzero.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=VTXParts
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bluecnc

Wow!! That was fast. Almost as fast as my last flight. Crusader23, stump3r and Tom Z thanks for your quick response. I have already moved my servo arms out to the second hole. What a difference that made. Also, I have looked at the extreme upgrade for the whole shaft and blade system. Didn't know whether it was worth the 60 something dollars. Just kind of curious. Will the aluminum E-flite stuff fit on the extended shafts? I would hate to see all the bling go to waste. And another thing the indestructible skids are not. I managed to break one in a very bad crash. 75 feet in the air and out of radio range. Fell like a dead bird.

Thanks again.

Rob
Rob,

If you upgraded everything at once, it'll be expensive, but well worth it. However (in my opinion), try to upgrade as things break or wear out. Buy the extended shaft first and see how that works out. You can then proceed to get the motors when they wear out. That way, you're not just upgrading to upgrade - you're actually using the full potential of your parts until you need to replace them. The blade grips are expensive, but I've heard a lot of good about them. I personally don't have them, but I have everything else. You can upgrade parts in any order you’d like. Above all, have fun and good luck!

Kenn