Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

throttle adjustment issues sudden altitude drop

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

throttle adjustment issues sudden altitude drop

Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
shanipaqman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle adjustment issues sudden altitude drop

Has anyone figured out what causes the Blade Cx2 heli to drop all of the sudden by 5 feet or so when setting the throttle level? It seems that it is up and then "settles" down about 5 feet or so bouncing off the ground? I am a new pilot but I didn't think that it was me gunning the throttle too much, but perhaps a more experienced pilot can help me with this?Also, how precise does the flybar need to be straight? Just straight enough to the eye? I have a few light bangs into the carpet and adjusted it back since I could see that it was out of line just a tad.Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: throttle adjustment issues sudden altitude drop

The flybar doesn't have to be super straight. Just straight enough so the helicopter doesn't wobble.

Nick
Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
JPEE

Shani,

There are many reasons, low battery change in air temp in your house to site a couple that we all run in to. I never use the throttle hold as I found the Heli is just not that stable in that regard due to many factors. OH YES you can use throttle trim hold but only for a couple of minutes if that unless you do a whole lotta work! When you first start up on a freshly charged battery there is high surface charge you need to burn off before the battery becomes stable to do what your explaining. For me, I can be hovering and in one moment the Heli lifts and goes for the ceiling! so I am always on the ready. I have noticed too that when the house is warm of course the air is thinner closer to the ceiling which accounts for some of that problem.
Fly bar, well this Heli is a great little flyer. She'll fly with broken, bent, parts and with some hanging off too! The fly bar can be used over and over as you explained just by using your eye site to get it as close as possible. HOWEVER, what will suffer greatly flying this way is a total ability to hold a hover and hang the Heli like from a string. I would not suggest you keep replacing the flybar unless it becomes damaged in the rotor post where it sits where it little posts or ears make contact. Wait until your a much better flyer then when have all the stick moves down and want to do some real tight hovering and landing on the TV tray and smaller objects in the house you'll have to take that little bugger and tighten her up proper. That means, blades, inner and out shafts, flybar, and all must be perfect.

A word of advise. If you like the hobby and intend to go deep into it in a few months, then get yourself a Simulator (sim) and then a larger Heli, don't buy all of the aluminum bling for this CX. First, it weight's down the Heli and eats up your batteries sooner! Two, there are other things you can do that will make it fly better and will give you a better pay off for your further investments into it rather than aluminum! Thats my two cents worth.

Good Luck and welcome aboard Shani
JPee
Old 06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
shanipaqman

What is the next heli to go up from the CX2? Do the bigger ones have lock heading gyros so the tails don't move around?thanks for the tips.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 PM
JPEE

Shani,

There are numerous next steps and Heli's. But I'll suggest to you what my local hobby shop (LHS) did for me. I thought I was pretty good until I heard his advise. He said; until you can fly your Heli in the house and do figure eights and fly frontwards and backward, your not ready! Then when I got to that point I went in and said I am ready for my next step up to which I had been eye-balling a Blade 400. He then said nope! Now you need to get a Flight Simulator and work with that until you can fly those Heli's and remember that every time you crash on the sim your SAVING $300.00!!!! I did so and found he was right. After 30 days on the sim I then got my 400. I have to tell you, you can go faster in this cycle, but whats the rush, unless you have unlimited funds consider these reasonable steps most of us have taken. To be clear...........a sim is not mandatory but it sure will help you and more over save you a whole passel of money.

Good luck in your decision
JPEE