Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

blade cp landing gear help

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade cp landing gear help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade cp landing gear help

how do you take off the blade cp landing gear with out breaking any thing
Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
rotarydoc

Default RE: blade cp landing gear help

Hey Evan,

Just slide the little pieces of tubing on the struts up towards the helicopter main body, and that should free the struts and landing gear up enough to slide them off without breaking anything.

Hope this helps...

Glenn
Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Evan T.

I dont really get wat your talking about the little rubber things dont do anything and its like super glued or something
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

I wonder if someone super glued them in? Did you buy the heli new, or was it used?

Normally, if you slide the rubber tubing up, it will make the landing gear loosen up from the frame enough to wiggle it out, without breaking it.

I am not sure what's up with yours...wish I could be of more help.

Mine came off quite easily when I replaced them.

Good luck with it,

Glenn
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Evan T.

no i got it new i guess ill keep trying i just dont know how moving the rubber things up will effect anything i didnt crash or anything i just need to replace the main gear and cant do it without take the landing skids off thanks for the help
Old 06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Evan T.

please someone help me I'm about to punch a whole in my wall I did wat he said and that didn't do anything at all and I can't fix it till I get these gay landing skids off
Old 06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
evdreamer

Is your clear tubing right on top of the black support that connects the two skids? Because mine are on top of them and it feels like it is glued in, but it isn't. I start by pulling on one skid rod then go to the other one. Then I go to the other side of the helicopter and do the same thing to the other skid. Then the whole skid assembly comes off.

Nick
Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 AM
ndoren

Those skids may be "gay," but you don't have much of a heli without them. They're press-fit... you just have to be a little aggressive and work them out of their mounts. If you flex the landing skid a little, it causes some rotational force on those struts and you can work them out by "twisting" so to speak. You don't want those loose... it sucks to have them fall out on the first bounce of a rough landing. If one strut seems tight, then work on another first. If you can get one loose on each side, the other will come out more easily. Working on your heli requires a great degree of patience and finesse.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Evan T.

nothing is working I guess they decided they wanted me to break it to get them off so they can have more money or something because they aren't just pressed in they are glued in with the strongest glue they could find and its working so I guess I'll just have my mom back over it with the car and see if that gets it loose anymore sugestions I'll see if it works but yeah I guess this thing is just a fag to work on
Old 06-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Evan T.

I got one of the batery tray supports out and it has glue around the end of it so yeah they are glued in with something and its strong as hell
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Evan,

Sounds like they have been glued in...wonder if they did that because people were complaining because they come loose?

I don't know, but maybe yours is one of the newer ones, and they started glueing them from the factory?

Can't think of any other reason for them to be stuck, they normally come out pretty easily.

Hope you have better luck next time...

Glenn
Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I guess the worst case scenario is you would have to break them to get them out. I think the set is only like $4.99 or something, and most hobby shops carry them.

It does suck that they are being so difficult, should be an easy repair...

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time.

Glenn
Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Evan T.

no I have the very first blade cps that came with the 9.6 volt battery and the 4-1 ccpm it could be that they were to hard to get out and people wanted it easier when they first made them and maybe its easy to yall because when to take them off its because you crash and you dont care if they get messed up because they already are mine are fine I just need to replace the main gear and shaft so I want to preserve them and keep them from damage so I can reuse them because I dont have any money I'm a kid so I dont have a job thanks for the help though it was ment to work just didnt I'm sure you no what tour talking about