Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Let's just talk heli

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Evan T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's just talk heli

sometimes it gets boring just looking at forums that aren't very active and waiting for someone to write something new lol so let's just talk about our flights experiences and problems etc lets make this site fun and interesting no more boredom so let's start now
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
rotarydoc

Default RE: Let's just talk heli

Evan,

Sounds good...so how long have you had your CP? Did you have any other helis before that? Do/did you have any RC cars prior to your helis, I know alot of people on here did?

I actually had an RC heli along time ago, a nitro, .60 size. It was a little too much for me at the time, there were no cool forums like this, I just kinda winged it...and never got very good with it. Ended up selling it for about 1/3 of what I had invested in it.

My recent renewed interest actually started with a Havoc Heli or two late last year and early this year. Then came the CX2, and now I have 7 helis! I think I have enough helis for a while, I have more than I have time to fly them!

Did you look on Craigs list for any B400's for sale in your area?

That one guy got a great deal on the one for $110 !!

Well, hope that gets us started, hopefully someone will contribute, and we can get this thread interesting, like you said!

Glenn
Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Evan T.

I've had my do since 2005 I tryed flighing it and couldnt and got discouraged and put it away for awhile until a month ago I got it out and learned how to hover yay lol I have been driving nitro and electric cars and trucks for six years my first nitro was a t-maxx when I was 8 I was so exited then from there I got all kinds of stuff including a pro boat shockwave 36
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Evan T.

yes I did look on craigslist I found a 400 for $325 with spare parts and some other stuff its was used but only one attempt at hover before the guy got discouraged and gave up and decided to sell it
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Evan T.

before when I was reading about everyone having trouble controlling the tail on the blade cp I was wondering wat you were talking about because mine was fine until today it started acting up on me and got really anoying it kept changing speeds and drifting around and I kept trimming it and it would just randomly change so w/e
Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

I also have RC cars and trucks in my past, starting with the original RC-10...and then moved on to the Losi JR-X2, and later on, Traxxas Nitro trucks, and the like. I was into off road racing. We had a very cool indoor off road track here, which was cool for racing in the winter, and when it was raining. I actually worked part time at a hobby shop for a while. Eventually, I got pretty burned out of the RC car thing....and quit for good.

Then when I got a little Hovoc Heli, it lit an old flame for the RC helis. Of course the Airhogs are just toys, but it got me back into the possibility of RC helis again after a long break. The nitro heli was pretty cool, but I never got very good with it. I didn't have a simulator like I do now, and basically got to the point where I hit a wall on the learning curve. All I could really do was tail-in hover. I was too scared of crashing it, I had a fortune tied up in it.

I had alot of good times racing the RC cars/trucks. But sometimes, people get way too serious, and it takes alot of the fun out of it. People lose their temper when they lose, etc. So I got out of it.

A little of my RC history to get things going...

Interestingly, I have never owned or flown an RC plane, nor do I have any desire to...it's always been helis for me!

Take care,

Glenn
Old 06-16-2008, 11:18 PM
rotarydoc

Evan,

That is the major drawback to the CP and motor driven tail helis in general. Belt driven tails hold the tail so much better, that's why the B400 and similar helis are so popular. The tail on my B400 doesn't wag around at random like my CPP's do.

The Quark uses a tail motor system, but it's completly different than the CP setup, and it works very well, unlike the CP system. I am wondering if when the CPP2 comes out if it would be worth it to try the direct drive tail setup parts that will be available for it on our CP/CPP's? Might be worth a try, at least...

Have fun with the CPP,

Glenn
Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Evan T.

yeah I was looking at the parts for it it must be better because they wouldn't of changed it if it wasn't maybe a heading lock gyro would help to or is that to do something else the dd tail isnt to expensive either so I might give it a shot
Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 AM
TheJedi

Hey guys,

I am a noob myself, just got a blade 400 first heli ever. Just worked on the sim for a month or so. Here are some vids.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXOeVd5Eis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDaXfGgETNY

I am loving these things, but man they are a handful! At first I thought planes were hard.....uhhh NO. I can RELAX flying my stryker after a heli, never thought I would fly a plane closing in at 100mph to relax on the sticks!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
evdreamer

Evan,

I think I started driving a RC10 when I was eight. It was older than me when I got it used from a neighbor. Then a couple of years ago I broke a joint on the rear shock and never fixed it. So it has been sitting in the closet ever since. Then I have been retro fitting parts on it from other cars since they stopped making spare parts for it.

Then in August I started flying the CX. And now I am starting to get into flips with my Belt CP and T-Rex. I have mostly been practicing in my backyard, but recently I have been going to a soccer field to fly and like it a lot more.

I think I started to fly a 3CH airplane sometime in march. It is a handfull to fly in the wind since it is made of foam and doesn't have ailerons. Then I went to my local flying field to fly their trainer(a Hangar 9 Alpha 40). It was so easy to fly. My first flight with it, I was doing backflips and rolls. So much easier than helicopters, but the helicopters are more fun.

Here are some videos of me flying. http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=evdreamer

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 AM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

I'm probably showing my age here, but my first RC-10 had a MECHANICAL speed control!! It was a slider/rheostat setup controlled by a servo!! LOL

Just figured I'd throw that in for laughs!

Glenn
Old 06-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Evan T.

that's awesome lol mechanical speed control I think traxxas just stopped making those like 2 years ago. Ill make a list of rcs I have jato 3.3, t-maxx pro.15, modded mini-t, micro-t, proboat shockwave 36, blade cp, hanger 9 nitro string flyer plane. They are all fun!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Evan T.

hey nick how old are you if you got an rc10 when you were eight cause im 14 and I got my first t-maxx when I was 8
Old 06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Evan T.

its hard having a bunch of hobbies I have reptiles that keep growing and needing new cages I ride motocross and spend money on that and rcs which everyone knows is a black whole in your wallot actully reptiles are almost ass much money
Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Evan T.

hey nick your pretty aggresive with the blade cx2 it looks cool too make some more bids of your other helis I have a youtube account to I'll make some when I get better at flying
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Evan T.

hey jedi your doing pretty good keep it up and somebody else talk ive said like 5 things in a row lol its getting kinda weird lol. say something!!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

I'm probably showing my age here, but my first RC-10 had a MECHANICAL speed control!! It was a slider/rheostat setup controlled by a servo!! LOL

Just figured I'd throw that in for laughs!

Glenn
It sounds like it got the job done. I don't think it would work to well on a helicopter though.

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
evdreamer

ORIGINAL: Evan T.

hey nick how old are you if you got an rc10 when you were eight cause im 14 and I got my first t-maxx when I was 8
I am almost 19.

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Evan T.

oh yeah i didnt think you were to old because you got it when you were eight was it nitro or electric
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 AM
evdreamer

hey nick your pretty aggresive with the blade cx2 it looks cool too make some more bids of your other helis I have a youtube account to I'll make some when I get better at flying
Thanks for the comments on the videos. Everyone likes to see helicopter videos. It is cool to see videos of people on here progress with their flying ablilities.

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Evan T.

yeah thats what i think
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Evan T.

i accedently said bids but ment vids make some more of them its fun watching videos sometimes instead of just typing and reading lol keep it up
Old 06-17-2008, 12:15 PM
evdreamer

oh yeah i didnt think you were to old because you got it when you were eight was it nitro or electric
It was electric with NiCd batteries. They were a lot easier to take care of instead of the lipos. Then I remember using a set of light bulbs to drain it to almost nothing after a run. I can't do that with my lipos.

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM
evdreamer

i accedently said bids but ment vids make some more of them its fun watching videos sometimes instead of just typing and reading lol keep it up
Once I get better at my flips I will try to get my dad to video tape me. He was the one that filmed me with my Belt CP. It takes me about four hours to upload them on my computer and get them on youtube. So I usually wait until I think the video is worth putting up on youtube.

Nick
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Evan T.

haha thats funny light bulbs lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.