Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 AM
jroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Got my RC Heli magazine yesterday. Features the new Align 700E and how to do an inverted auto with a flip. haha
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
JPEE

Hey guys, going backwards...

James, I still have not seen even my first issue of RC Heli, I guess I will have to call them.

Nick, no worries on the birthday my friend, it was a good one thanks. Yep ..... the BIG 63 Yikes! ! ! No the 500 was not a birthday gift but rather a deal worth taking. I will share with ya all that I bid on a 700e five days ago. There was a snag and I met his preice too, he wanted local pick up to which HE WOULD drive 150 mile radius from the Houston area to deliver. Even when I offered to pay shipping he said no because it was to much trouble and he felt the heli would/could get damaged in shipment. Back to the 500, it should be here tomorrow......yippee! I sold my stock Blade 400 and 31 bags of parts. I shipped it up the coast here in Cali about 60 miles away. Now I have two more used 400's to sell. This was my first experience with Craig's List. It worked out pretty good overall. Now I will start going through and selling off my other rc stuff I don't want or need. Man oh man can you collect stuff over the years.
Congratulations on your new laptop You will love having it believe me and it will make a great school tool for you.

Mr. Mark, (Aframomum) yep you caught me hands down, it was close to someone birthday. Good memory! Mark, you have brass ones mister to go out there in that snow and shovel and blow..... no way for me, no on a bet! Come on Florida...........sun, palm trees, girls oops...... I mean trees and sun LOL.

Aframomum noun: an African genus of plants of the family Zingiberaceae

Well I was doing some inverted flight today and at the end of the pack I started to lose her as she was sliding so I rolled her over back upright. However, she sunk and bogged before she could puller herself out and came down something like Mark did. I came down skids down and blades up! YAHOO But I broke the landing gear off from the bottom frame tabs. I got a ding in one blade that I think is fillable with epoxy. I'll know more after the autopsy

JPEE
Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is good you had a nice birthday.

I would think that guy driving that far would be more of a hassle than shipping the 700. Have fun with the new 500.

That is good your first experience with craigs list was a good one.

Nice save with your heli.

Nick
Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi all,

JPEE...a 700E?! Were you able to work anything out with the guy in Texas? Heck, give James a call and see if he'll meet him somewhere then James can ship to you...maybe after a preflight or so! Lol. I sure hope the guy reconsiders packing it up...a heli is very easy to disassemble and ship unlike a plane where most of the parts are glued in place. Hope it works out for you. Glad your birthday was nice...did you get a free meal from some steak place?!?

Good catch on the 500 deal...arriving tomorrow or already have it?

What heli were you doing the inverted with? Any other issues aside from the landing gear? I know on my 500 I used zipties to attach the landing gear that way if the gear gets a hard landing it separates without damaging the underside of the heli or the gear. Just an FYI.

Nick,

How's school going...your not bogged down in papers and reports yet are you?

James,

I have yet to get my RCheli magazine, maybe this week.

Glenn,

How are you doing with the snow and sleet...I see you guys got a lot of rain the past few days. Has some of the snow melted? I hope you guys get some nice clear skies and warmer weather soon.

I'm just about finished with my repairs on my 500...just going to spin things up and see how my repairs went...no vibrations or things flying off means a good repair. lol

Mark
Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

School is going pretty good. I don't have too many papers due. I have a biology test on Tuesday that I am not ready for. Then I have a programming project due in a week. I get most of my homework done in between classes.

I have been redesigning my balancer again. The signals look a lot better now. I had to add a lot more parts. Hopefully this will solve my temp sensor problem once the balancer comes on.

Good luck on the 500 test flights.

Nick
Old 02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
JPEE

Mark,

When your my age every day is a discount day at a restaurant LOL!
On the 700e, that was kind of a whim, but if I can get one at my price, I will buy it and I am looking daily. I know they have main gears that strip teeth, motors that run way to hot and burn the mains, ESC's which are generally CC that burn up. Oh yea, godda have me one of these money pits LOL.

Now that I have the new motor in my 600 I can flip 3 times one after the other, the power is so much better but it is still stressing the battery a "tiny bit" perhaps. You lose the hot batteries with the 700 and I could never fly that puppy hard enough to strip the gears to push the electronics. But if it came with CC I would make the $400.00 plunge and get the Kontronic tooooo ..... take out some insurance so to say. Now that I saved that money that was going to the 600 it is there in my little pouch for a 700 he he he. And as I said before, the 600 with camera sling HEATs up the battery to like 120 degrees but without it the ESC is COLD when I landed each time after three flights last Friday and the battery was 98 degrees, not too bad. So for my money, the 600 is done and sweet for daily flier and with much more power than I ever had before.
Today I was at the LHS and picked up the CNC bottom frame plate for the 500. The plastic ones cost $17.00 and the CNC Microheli cost $30.00. So I had to weigh the fact that I have replaced at least 3 if not 4 of the plastic ones over time. Then I thought about your zip tie method for a few minutes too. Your tabs did not break off your bottom frame. I pondered and pondered and then bought the CNC but.......I think I'll zip them so as to make them break-away like yours just to be safe. Just call it double insurance BTW that other matter we spoke of PRIVATELY ...........I now see and understand LMAOOOOO

Glenn, you are farrrrrrr to quite which means you are back out at Best Buy!

Nick, great news on school! That you can accomplish getting most of your homework completed on campus between classes it a blessing for sure!
Sounds like you charger/balancer is really coming along too. Good Luck!

JPEE
Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was pretty quiet over the weekend, mainly because I had to work on SATURDAY...which basically compresses my weekend into one day...[&o]

I did take the Quark to work though, and it was fairly disappointing, mainly because the batteries I do have left for it are pretty lame, it doesn't have much power or headspeed, so the tail authority is off a bit...not sure if I'll invest in any batteries for it or not with nicer weather 8 or so weeks away...

Let's see...gotta get caught up here....

Mark,

Between the rain and the warmer temps, a lot of the snow has melted, and the roads are all clear, much better! There are still piles of snow where they plowed it on parking lots, and every morning is an adventure walking, with all the melting/refreezing each night...[X(]

Glad you are back home and comfortable in warm, sunny Orlando....hope your post repair maiden goes well for ya..

JPEE,

Happy Birthday!!!

Wow, lots going on over on the left coast...congrats on your sale of the one B400 and accessories...and your first Craig's list sale...I have never done Craig's list, although it may be more handy than eBay in some regards...how was the experience overall?

So, I guess you were having the new 500 shipped to you? I was under the impression that you already had it...

Good luck on your search for a 700, I'm sure the right deal will come along soon enough. Too bad you don't live out here, seems like Justin always has something for sale, or knows somebody who does...I think he owned his 700e for about a month..lol...he's always wheelin' and dealin' helis.

Nick,

Congrats on the new laptop! Does it have Windows 7?

Glad you are doing well in school, except for the biology test...[X(]

Hope your new mods to the balancer work out well...

I haven't flown the Velocity on Phoenix yet...not that I'd know how close it is to the real thing anyways...lol...but the Hirobo Sceadu seems close to my SDX on Phoenix.

Other than this past weekend getting the Quark out, not much new here.

I got a new radio scanner on sale at Radio Shack, and sold my old one on eBay. JPEE, a guy out your way bought it, do you know where Moorpark is?

Anyways, that's about it from here.

Hope you guys in the warmer climates get some flying in...

Glenn

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Sorry your Quark batteries are shot.

Yeah, my laptop has Windows 7. It took me awhile to find where everything is at.

I designed the circuit board for my new mods. I just have a few things to double check.

Nick
Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
JPEE

Glenn,

Sorry about the packs but I think you taking the right path and wait now for spring/summer.

Craigs List went VERY well. I was forewarned [X(] by my buddy about the scammers from Europe and around. I had no spam, no idiots, just one guy on the fourth day and he bought straight out. No fees no fuss, so I will using that again very soon for the other two 400's and lose junk I have.

The used 500 should be dropping in any day now. I am waiting to repair both at the same time, it will be easier that way.

Does ANYONE have "any" idea how much it would cost to ship a 700 from the west coast? I had a friend yesterday suggest to do what he does.............he sends everything on the
Greyhound Bus!!! and it is very reasonable he said. Certainly food for thought.

JPEE
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
rotarydoc

JPEE,

Glad your Craig's list sale went well, tell me more about the scammers from Europe?

Sounds good on the 500 and doing both at once.

I don't know about shipping a 700 on Greyhound, but I once had snakes (yeah, live snakes...[X(]) shipped on Delta airlines, they were the only airline that would do it... They arrived safely, and the cost wasn't too bad. Not that that has anything to do with shipping a 700, except being a bit odd..

Nick,

I think you'll love Windows 7, you shouldn't see anymore BSOD's (blue screens of death)... like XP has a habit of doing at times....

Glenn
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
JPEE

Glenn,

The scammers call or generally email you and say they are out of the country. Then they say they will pay you more if you can just send the RC and you accept a check from some CRAP UNKNOWN Bank and so on. For anyone of average intellegence you won't be caught up that mess, I wouldn't worry about. In fact just right now the 400 buyer called me and said he just put a USPO moneyorder in the mail for me. He also said the 400 was everything I said it was in the ad and the parts too. We talked about how important a man's word, and his hand shake is, a dying trait for sure.

JPEE

Old 02-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Aframomum

Hi all,

Gonna let you know that I got a bigger heli...oh no.

Decided to go with a Trex 550.

JPEE caught me selling my 500 over at Helifreak so had to let the cat out of the bag before I actually got the heli. Wanted to keep it a secret just for a little while but got busted instead.

I have really been looking at the 550 since getting the 500 and figured might as well go and get it now.

Wanted to share my enthusiasm before I burst!

Mark
Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
jroo

Damn everyone is buying new helis! The 550 looks nice, and the 700e, wow, that's a beast. Like I said, it's on the cover of the new RC Heli. I have yet to get to the article yet.

Well yesterday was a gorgeous day here in Texas. On Friday it was 17 degrees with snow. The entire city of Austin pretty much shut down. At 6:30am, the news stated there were 25 wrecks and 3 roll-overs already. By Sunday, it was 65 degrees and clear skys. That's Texas weather for you though. 'If you don't like the weather today, wait till tomorrow'.

Sunday was just about perfect. Clear skys, 65 degrees, but the wind sucked. It was blowing 17-25 mph. I went to my local flying area, and was very close to attempting to fly. I had the batter pack installed and everything, but I could not bring myself to flick the switch. I packed it up and went home. As much as I wanted to fly, it was just too risky.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Snakes on a plane. Good thing it didn't turn out like the movie.

My laptop seems a lot faster than my desktop. I don't know if it is because of Windows 7 or the processor or both. Now that I am kind of used to Windows 7 it isn't too bad. I haven't experienced the blue screen of death, but I have heard of it. I had fun going through the DIY electronic threads on RCGroups at school today on my laptop.

Mark,

Have fun with the 550. The Align flybarless system works pretty good and isn't too hard to setup.

James,

That is good your weather got warmer pretty quick.

Nick
Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

JPEE,

I wasn't aware even that you could sell stuff on Craig's list for shipping, I thought it was local pick up stuff only....so I guess I have a lot to learn! All the listings I look at are local to Baltimore, so maybe that's why...

Thanks for the info on the scammers.

Mark,

Congratulations!! Didn't I just read a post of yours a couple of months ago stating you weren't going to buy any new helis this year?? Don't worry, I've been there...

I'm sure you will love the 550, I have heard lots of good things about them...nice helis for sure!

We'll expect to be updated as needed...

Nick,

Yeah, good thing the snakes didn't escape on the plane....lol...if there is any way out of an enclosure, a snake will find it...

I'm sure your new laptop is quite a bit faster, probably due to quite a few things, processor, bus speed, hard drive speed, amount of RAM, and Windows 7 should be about as fast as XP...so with all that put together, it makes for a much faster experience.

I'm impressed with my Macbook Air, which has a semi slow processor (1.86 Ghz Intel core 2 duo), but the solid state hard drive makes it very fast, that is actually the one thing that slows most PC's down the most, hard drive access time....

Glad you like it, and are having fun with it as well.

Glenn
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
JPEE

Glenn,
Yes you can go online and pull up any city and look at what is for sale. Of course you'd be looking for something in the high dollar value 3-4-500.00 before you'd bother shipping I think. My guy even offered to pay my shipping!!!!! I had forgotten to list as "local pick up" or CONUS or "plus shipping.

I got in three flights today, 2-450 Pro and 1-600 just to keep my thumbs limber lol. Only one other guy was at the field

JPEE
Old 02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool you got some flights in and almost had the field to yourself.

Nick
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Good luck on your Bio exam today...just out of curiosity what are you going over? I always enjoyed all of my Biology's...it was the math, physics, and computer courses I struggled with.

Congrats on your new laptop...with the price they are at now it almost seems crazy not to have one...esp since they make life much more simplistic and mobile. I know my wife has been wanting one and her b-day is in April so I may have to splurge a bit for her... I'm glad that you like Window's 7...I think that is the OS that most computers to date come with.

Thanks for the congrats on the 550 but I decided to keep with the flybar version and skip the FBL now...I just wanted something bigger.

Glenn,

Ah you got me on not getting any more heli's...I did say that didn't I?! LOL. Oh well, I'm still going to need batteries. Looks like you'll be needing some new batteries as well for the Quark...with Hobbycity now having a US warehouse the prices and shipping have really come down a bunch...I don't think you'll have any problems getting new ones for very little.

I'm relieved to hear the weather is melting a good chunk of your snow, you guys really didn't get too much of a break there for several weeks.

New scanner...is that what you use to listen to the police and emergency reports? I guess it is battery operated so during a poweroutage you still know what's going on.

Funny you used to have snakes...what kind? I dabbled a bit with rat snakes about 10 years ago, had a juvenile in an aquarium and the little sucker found a tiny enough opening to get out. Never did find him/her. I think the craziest thing was going to the reptile store to get 'pinkies'...can't remember if they were frozen or live, but that was a bit...morbid, feeding that was.

JPEE,

Nice to have the field almost to yourself...unlimited flying time huh?

I tried selling an item on Craig's list once...my jetski. It was a bit unnerving trying to sell an item that I had listed for 5K...but I did have 1 legit buyer come to my house to look at the ski, he was local. But out of the one potential buyer I had many shady inquiries...both on the site and to my email. Eventually I started getting too many advertisements from other places to sell claiming that if I wasn't having any luck with Craigslist to come to thier site and post my listing. Ultimately I took it down and went back to the paper and Boat Trader and unloaded it that way. I am sure there are guenine people trying to sell...it just takes a bit of patience and know-how to get through all the other mombo pambo that is out there.

I hope your not flipping your 600 with that camera rig on it! Sounds like your tuning in that Neu motor quite well.

Mark

Forgot to mention...as I was going through some of my airplane stuff I found one of them had a Spektrum AR6200 w/ satellite receiver in it. Pulled that little jem out and will be using it for my 550...its nice to find lost treasures like that.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

So far we went over atoms, carbohydrates, proteins, DNA and RNA. So far it seems more like a chemistry class. I am the opposite and really like math, physics, and computer classes. I will have to take a lot of those for my degree.

Once I saw FB in your signature I immediately thought flybarless. I have been out of the loop on those for awhile, so I couldn't remember the abbreviations.

That is cool you found a receiver.

Nick
Old 02-08-2011, 08:26 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Yes there is that issue of meeting people, perspective buyers that you don't know and bring them into your home.

There have been cases here where people are set up and robbed by those perspective buyers YIKES![X(]

I have been pondering that very thing for the sale my old appliances from house remodel I have store at house two's garage to sell.

My thoughts were there were to place the appliances in my truck and meet them in front of the Police Dept which is a block away?

I dont know how that might work, but it is a thought. I sold my Harley's that way. You don't want guys coming to your home to look at your Harley only come back and get it for free later!

I always did that at the Police Station in front where there are cameras! You have to figure, Craigs List is nation wide right? how many cases of home take over or real problems have

you heard or read about? nearly none for me. So very soon I will get that done and sell off those apppliances. Meanwhile, I will sell the last two Blade 400's

on Craigs and if they dont sell in that first week, I will post on three major Forums and deal with the shipping.

On that note of buying from the Forums, my buddy and noob has been buying tons of used stuff, ESC's, Fatuba servos and gyros, planes, and scads of other

things and has "not" had one (1) problem. Just to throw out there, he has advertised as "WANTED" part 123 in the Forums and the guys call him with their parts they have for sale.

That way he is not checking the Forums daily looking himself, they call him

Glenn, sorry I forgot to answer your question, yes Moorpark is very close to me, maybe 20 min tops.

To the group, we just watched the weather and man oh man, Glenn, Nick, and I think Jreue are all in for it with this Canadian front coming down.

Here it is very cool and high winds are blowing will for now for a few days.

Later gator JPEE
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
evdreamer

John,

It was -2 when I got to school and I think the windchill was -20. I think it is supposed to snow tomorrow here.

Nick
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

John,

It was -2 when I got to school and I think the windchill was -20. I think it is supposed to snow tomorrow here.

Nick
Nick, yes we saw that on our iPhones this morning, it was -3 then. I have you and Glenn locked in there on the Weather channel and check your weather often. Glad the new laptop is working for ya. STAY WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and STUDY HARD
Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Aframomum

Someone's getting a visit from the Big Brown Truck tomorrow!!! I'm so excited.

Nick,

That is just not normal temperatures for a human to live in. Just a few more months and you should be seeing green again (grass, trees, etc.). Definitely stay warm.

Mark
Old 02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

I like your idea of the police station as a meeting place, or at least somewhere not at your house...as you said they come over, look around, and come back later to help themselves. Not a good thought. []

Can you believe my heli is going to Hawaii? Sold it just this afternoon to a guy living an earshot from Pearl Harbor. Quite amazing...I asked him if he had any photo's he could send me of the Pearl Harbor and surrounding area...kinda of a WWII history buff so am a bit intrigued.

Mark
Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I just lost a post that took me 20 minutes to type, I lost it when I was trying to upload some pics....

I'll try again some other time

Glenn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.