Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn,

Then it must have been something in my setup if yours is fine. I am wondering if it is my flipped grips. Because when I moved the swashplate up as high as I could go then try and move the flybar it was stuck perpendicular to the mainshaft. Then last night I noticed when I tried to move the flybar the part of the blade grip that the mixer arm attaches too jams into the head assembly. So when I tried to move the flybar in a way that makes the grip increase pitch it couldn't go because the blade grips was jammed. Then after I trimmed part of that grip down it helped a lot, but now the pushrod that goes to the flybar couldn't increase its angle when I moved the flybar. So it was still jammed because that pushrod was already at an angle. So I flipped the mixer arm so the ball for the pushrod to the flybar was on the outside and now everything works. I might try making the grips be in the normal position and see if I still have the same problem. I hope I explained that good enough.

Nick
Old 09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
evdreamer

Here are some pictures of what I have been talking about with flipping the mixer arms on the CPP.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73499.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1037530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55937.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1037531  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

I can see better now what you are talking about, had to get mine out for comparison...what advantages have you found with the arms that way?

Well, I got done with the Gaui, and paid special attention to the swash leveling, and gryo settings as per Rob's suggestions.

I test flew it, and it flies very well now, probably as well as it ever has. Nice stable hover. Rob was pretty impressed with the Gaui when he flew it. He also had not heard anything about the T-Rex 250...as soon as I told him about the video, he got his iPhone out and took a look on Youtube right there at the field. He seems excited to find out more about it.

I didn't go to the field, but I would have had a good time if I did....Rob said he fixed the fuel issue with the Avant, and flew all 4 of his helis, for nine flights, and it was his best flying day of the year. No mechanical issues or accidents all day!

I wish I had been there watching, I could learn alot. I already have, actually. First of all, he never, ever flies low to the ground. As soon as he takes off, it's at least 50-60 feet in the air, right off the bat. When I came up there on Saturday, I came in the middle of his 450 flight....and he did the whole thing flying backwards....he says learning to fly backwards helped him alot in his flying. I guess it comes with experience, but he has the heli so high at times, I would definately lose orientation, just by not being able to see it. He told me he does occasionally lose orientation, but makes the correct stick moves to get it back to where he can figure it out. I guess after that much time and experience, that's what it teaches you.

Hope you get to fly soon...and let us know how the batteries and servos all work out...

Glenn
Old 09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I get more throw with the flybar. The first couple of pictures would show the position the flybar would bind. It is the wrong pushrod, but I didn't have another correct one. Then with the mixer arm that way the pushrod to the flybar is more straight than angled. So before at full positive pitch the flybar would lock up because the pushrod couldn't have more of an angle in it and it would be like flying with out a flybar.

Good to hear the Gaui is flying good again. It sounded like it would have been a good time to go to your field today.

I am glad I got to get at least one flight in with the T-Rex today, but it was kind of windy to do anything fun.

Nick

Name:	Xv63665.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1038133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47017.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1038134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24234.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1038135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42376.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1038136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25351.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1038137  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
evdreamer

Now I still get a little binding at negative pitch. And now it is the opposite pushrod that goes to the swashplate because its angle has changed. I am thinking about switching the E-Sky CP2 head onto the CPP for $23. The only problem is in the mixing arms. If the ball joints were on the same side I wouldn't have this problem. Weird thing is the aluminum mixing arm has the ball joints on the same side. I am tempted to hit the buy button on a Gaui 200 to get a better designed helicopter.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 AM
J-MICHAEL

I am tempted to hit the buy button on a Gaui 200 to get a better designed helicopter.
I wish I could see one in person, and better yet even watch one fly in real-life.... I've always been tempted with that Gaui 200.... I keep close tabs on Glenn's comments, and experiences, and stuff he does to his. I'am back and forth with deciding... Right now if I don't get distracted, its the Trex 500 in two weeks. But I'am always finding myself limited for space to fly... But also I don't want another squirely heli like my CPP's were for me either.... Drives me nuts when it comes to deciding !

~ Jeff
Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I didn't realize you where going to get a T-Rex 500 so soon.

I think I might order the E-Sky HB CP2 head tomorrow/today for me. It is a lot cheaper compared to a $450+ Gaui 200. But the T-Rex 250 is so tempting too. And from the prototype specs it isn't that much smaller than the CPP. And since Helidirect has all the parts for CP2 head, it should come pretty quick. It looks a lot closer to a Rapter head and looks like it would work a lot better because the mixer arms are on the flybar instead of on the grips.

Nick
Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 AM
evdreamer

Well I just ordered the E-Sky HB CP2 head from BPhobbies since they had the pushrod that Helidirect didn't have in stock.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 PM
rotarydoc

Hey Nick,

Awww, I thought you were going to say you ordered a Gaui 200!!!

You would have a blast with a Gaui, or maybe the T-Rex 250 also...and be able to fly it out back of the house.

After seeing those .90's in person, I'm not sure I would want anything that big.

That one X-Cell did have a very cool sound though, that no small heli could ever make...the guy was doing pretty low flybys, while doing rolls...the blades made a very loud chopping sound when he did the rolls...the most impressive noise I have ever heard from an RC heli.

Rob said he burned nearly a gallon of fuel yesterday...that could get expensive....but no more than $300+ for the 600 size batteries.

Let us know when the new head for the CPP comes in....I can't picture it, you have a link?

Glenn
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Did you know that Gaui is in the process of making a V2 of the Gaui 200? It looks like the tail gear box is upgraded and there was a picture of it being flybarless. I had to pay for tuition today and that ate up most of my helicopter spending money for a 200 sized helicopter.

I have heard some of the sounds a 90 size helicopter can make on youtube, but I bet it is nothing compared to hearing it in real life.

The email I got from BPHobbies said it would ship out in 2 days or less, but last time I ordered from them my parts got here pretty quick. Here is a [link=http://www.twf-jp.com/products.asp?prodid=0002]link[/link] to a picture of the head assembly. It is about half way down the page. I am almost thinking that I just needed the flybar cage, mixer arms, and pushrods to make it work because most of the parts look just like the CPP parts. But I got all the head assembly parts just to be safe.

It is too windy to fly here today, so I hope everyone else has better weather.

Nick
Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Nah, I haven't heard anything on a new Gaui 200...I'll have to check out HF forums later, I haven't been over there in a while. Sounds cool though. I had heard that they are working on or have a flybarless gyro.

Too bad on the tution money, but that's more important than the heli stuff anyways.

It was interesting, the blade noise...the guy's X-Cell (that used to be Rob's) had a much lower head speed than how Rob had his setup....and I think that makes for more rotor blade chopping noise. I have noticed that on the B400 and the Gaui too. (in a much smaller scale, of course)

Rob had his head speed cranked way up, and his hardly made the noise at all.

That rotor head is interesting, alot of stuff on that heli looks very much like the CPP.

I just got back from a flying session at the horse track. I can still fly there, as long as the truck guys are gone. The truck boxes are all parked behind my line of flight, so not much danger of hitting them. The Gaui is flying great, even in a bit of wind. I also got to fly the B400, and I am using my 1800 packs, giving the 2100's a break....the B400 is a lot more lively with the lighter packs, that's for sure!

Anyways, I got some more quality flight time on the Gaui, which is good, my confidence is coming back...I was pretty embarassed and discouraged after the mishap at the field.

Funny, Rob was more interested in the Quark than the Gaui, but I think after he flew both, he was more impressed with the Gaui. It was a bit windy for the Quark, which takes alot of the fun out of flying that helicopter.

Glenn
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I bet Rob's cyclic response is pretty quick with a high headspeed.

Yeah that is what I like about the CPP type helicopters is that you can interchange parts between them. There are a few more companies that have helicopters very close in design to it. I heard they buy most of the parts from China and put their brand name on it. I don't know if that is true or not.

Good to hear you had a good time flying.

Rob could probably do some cool 3D with your Gaui.

Nick
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
rotarydoc

Nick,

Yeah, his response probably is good, for a .90 size heli, anyways. I wish I had been able to see him fly yesterday, when he got the fuel problem straightened out. That is a whole 'nother world with nitro helis, being able to diagnose, repair, and tune the finicky engines...it can be frustrating at times. They can be very tempramental. Rob's had a couple of issues, it wouldn't idle....and it only had 4 flights. Ended up being the type of fuel he was using, he switched brands, and it would then idle.
But towards the end of his flight, the engine was running really lean (not enough fuel) and was making no smoke at all. That is good for making lots of power, but the engine will overheat if it's run lean for too long.

Yup, I'll bet Rob could fly the heck out of the Gaui if he had some time to really get a feel for it. He was having little difficulty flying it with just a few minutes of flying.

I am going to try to fly each night this week after work, but it's getting harder and harder, because it gets dark earlier now.

Hope you can get some flying in soon too.

Glenn
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is what I like about the electric helicopters is that you never have to worry about them not running correctly. Does Rob know about Carbsmart or the other mixture controls for Nitro helicopters? I bet that would make it a lot easier on him and run more reliable. I think it is a pretty cool piece of electronics. It reads the temp of the engine then uses a servo to adjust the mixture needles to make it run more rich or lean. Finless has a good video on its setup.

Have fun flying after work.

I plan on getting a couple of flights in tomorrow if the weather is good.

Nick
Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 AM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah winter is going to be a bummer ! Reduced flight times and such... I'am behind as it is ! Glenn, you need to figure a way on filming at least 1 flight with that Gaui... I'am hungry for a video...

Oh...... Nick, yeah the Trex 500 is what I'am planning for here soon.... BUT I'am still having second thoughts, just because of the smaller areas that I find myself having to fly in, and the biggest factor is I have a feeling I would want to be to careful with it, thus then slowing my learning curve.... I might just go with the SE-V2, as that might be the smartest choice, and all my parts could then be the same with my current Trex, and my knowledge with it is good since I have the SA already... What do you think ? Plus I would have a little extra to get also the bind and fly version of the B-400, and then I could fly the snot out of that and try and advance my learning faster...

I like the B-400 as the power to weight ratio seems very good since it is considerably lighter than my Trex, and all the LHS's I've been into have more of a parts selection than for my Trex, which could keep me in the air longer among that... I change my mind everyday, so bare with me ! [&:] But Oct 3rd, something is happening... Just wish I could make up my mind !

On another note, I got the Trex up and running ! Its been down for about 2 weeks, and I miss it badly. I did a test hover but it was getting dark, and besides I found 2 ball links that were getting loose and sloppy, so I'am going to swap those out with some new ones just to be safe...

Can't wait to see your new parts for the CPP ! I'll be interested to see how they do for ya...

Hopefully Heli is having a good time. Its quieter here without him !

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-23-2008, 01:33 AM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I like that 500+ sized can handle the wind better, but I would be intimidated with anything bigger than a 450. I am still a little intimidated with my T-Rex, but that is probably because the space I have to fly in. I know I am as careful as possible with my T-Rex and don't want to crash it, but I had no problem crashing the CPP and the Belt CP. I almost have a 150 flights with the T-Rex and still no crashes. I heard the T-Rex 450 is getting more upgrades, but I don't know when. I have heard Align is working on a Torque Tube for the 450 and a few other things I don't know about yet. I have considered getting a 450 SA or B400 bare frame, since I have all the electronics needed from the Belt CP. But I would probably end up flying the SEV2 more since that is what I did when the Belt CP was flyable.

You probably can get longer flight times with the B400 since it is lighter and it looks like it is very 3D capable. I am in the same boat with changing my mine on helicopters too.

Good to hear your T-Rex is flyable again. You must be flying it a lot for the ball links to start getting loose. I haven't had to replace one yet, but I have a bag full of spares when I need them.

I wanted to find some more info on the CP2, but it isn't as popular as the HBFP, HBK2, or Belt CP. I also wanted to see someone do 3D with it, but the only videos I could find was the ones made by E-Sky. I guess I can make my own soon. Hopefully the new head assembly helps.

Nick
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 PM
evdreamer

Did anyone get to fly today? It was too windy for me to fly. My parts shipped out today, so I should be able to get it assembled by the weekend or earlier.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nick ~

That's good to know on your ball links, as I wondered how long they would last on an average. The couple that are loose a tad on mine, are probally because I might have shaved off a little to much to make them fit the Microheli components that I have. The balls on the swash, and the flybar cage are bigger than the stock Trex ones so they said it was required to use a ball link sizer to make them bigger. But since I don't have one, I had to use mild sandpaper and roll it up, and sanded away ! It worked good but might have done just a little to much... That, and also I've had one minor crash and two harsh ones that added to the stress of them. My first crash bent my Microheli head, but wasn't to bad and still flew it for a month or so, then the last crash which you saw when the sun blinded me really bent that sucker...Lol.. The new Microheli head is on now, and even got to fly tonight ! It is so smooth now... I think I was getting used to the bent one from the first crash...

I'am tinkering with the Trex now... The planes are fun, but boy oh boy, do I LOVE the heli's ! I got over-excited flying tonight with my TP batt... I just glanced at my Accu-Cycle, and its still charging, and has put in 1981 mah so far into the 2100 mah TP pack ! This is becoming a bad habit... I flew for 10 minutes... I may now on my DX-7, take it out of 'stopwatch' mode, and put it to 'countdown' mode so I'll get the alarm to sound....

Alright, back to playing....

Take care !

~ Jeff

Name:	Kh17655.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1039944   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45165.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1039945  
Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 PM
evdreamer

Jeff,

I had to size a few links on my T-Rex and I just used a ball link sizer tool from Helidirect. It matched the rest of my tools by Helidirect, so I thought that was cool. Good to hear your T-Rex is flying good.

Nick
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I couldn't log onto RCU yesterday, the reply side or server was down, I could read, but not reply...I felt cut off from the world...LOL

Well Jeff, you will be pleased to know that I am researching a helmet cam setup so I can get some vids of the Gaui for you guys! I found a hard hat at Harbor Freight that looks ideal. now I want to get JPEE's setup that he used for his cam...I REFUSE to put sticky back velcro on my $250 Sony DSC-W50 digital camera!

I did look a cheap cameras at Walmart, I didn't realize how inexpensive some of them are...like $79 or so...don't know how good the quality would be, but I'm gonna try to mount mine like JPEE did....he used the base of a cheap tripod, and drilled a hole in his hard hat...still waiting on details from him....sounds like a plan for me.

Nick, hope your parts get to you in time for the weekend.

Ball link sizers are a nice thing, when they work. When I ordered the Gaui, I also ordered a JR "universal" ball link sizer...it's WAY too big for the ball links on the Gaui...maybe it'll come in handy on the B400 some day...

Glenn

Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
evdreamer

Glenn,

I am guessing I will get the head assembly by Thursday based on how long it took from the past. But I still haven't heard anything from my LHS about my servo gears. I had a hard time getting on RCU yesterday too. It was really slow for me.

Helistyle,
I see you are back on RCU. Hope you had a good time.

Nick
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

This will sound mean.................but I am glad it was so hard for you to get on RCU yesterday!

Hells Bells I thought it was my computer. I spent and hour plus scanning for virus's and adware that might have gotten past my firewall. After all of my hard work I only found a bit of adware and I took that out. But I was puzzled why I could not get RCU to work right. So in closing............ becasue you had troubles too I now feel better that my computer is not out to lunch and it was on their side. Perhaps this it what had Glenn all buggered up too?

Smiles JPee
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
evdreamer

JPEE,

No offense taken. I also was scanning for stuff and cleaning up my computer and it didn't work.

I hope everyone has good weather to fly today. It is perfect weather here and I got two great flights in.

Nick
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I am still experiencing some sluggishness with RCU, hopefully someone is working on it.

Nick, I am going to try to fly tonight, because it's supposed to be chilly and rainy here all the way through Saturday...

JPEE, nah, when I lost my internet connection, it was well before RCU slowed down...but something changed some settings in my PC regarding the cable modem...had to reset a bunch of stuff to get it back...never did find out why it got changed.

Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 03:49 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Have fun flying tonight.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.