Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the idea I didn't consider...after taking a closer look at the wires it doesn't seem to be that big of a job to resolder the existing wire again. May get that maiden in this weekend after all.

JPEE,

Your iPhone takes some very nice quality pictures...plus your layout looks real good.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61233.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1699218  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 PM
JPEE

Heck yes Mark,

A piece of cake. If you don't know where the short is just replace the whole wire. Just buy a servo lead extender and cut one end off and there you go.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
evdreamer

John,

I got my server power supply today. It didn't take very long to mod it. It is about half the size as my 270W power supply. My Hyperion charger is limiting the output current, since the input is only at 12V. I was hoping it wouldn't do that. In the future I will get another one to hook up in series.

Nick
Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

Gotta lot of catching up to do....I've actually been fairly busy at work, and then the holiday stuff too...

Nick,

Cool on the new 700 motor, and the sucess with the servo project...nice work!

Sorry you had/are having issues with the security system on the Impala....they were very problematic...my neighbor has one, and they had a lot of issues with it as well...you can do a google search, and read for hours... [&o]...sounds like the switch might have gotten it, I hope so.

JPEE,

Glad the 700 is progressing nicely....sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable, and getting the setup where you like it...

The iPhone 4S camerai is very impressive indeed, I did an eBAy auction for a tool I had for sale, and took all the pics, even some close ups with it, and it did very well indeed...

Mark,

Sorry to hear abou the CC ESC issue....not sure what to tell you there...I've never opened one up, and it might be hard to tell if it's the servo wire connection, or the PC board itself....let us know how you make out...

The weather here hasn't been too bad yet...got frost on the cars in the morning, but no snow yet...in the upper 20's so about normal for this time of year....

Not much else new here....hope you guys have a nice weekend, and have most of your Christmas shopping done..[X(]

Glenn
Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

That is good you got some free time this morning.

Hopefully you don't get as much snow as you have in the past.

Nick
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Glenn...glad things are well by you, and the weather seems to be behaving.

Need some help here...I tried soldering the receiver wires on the ESC and I seemed to have made a bit of a mess of the connectors. In the picture you can see on 2 of them the solder has run over both terminals. I tried to remove the solder but didn't have much luck. Any suggestions? I really hate soldering.

I didn't just mess up my ESC did I? []

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32859.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1700612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95690.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1700613  
Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

There is a product called solder wick that is made for situations like yours or any other reason to remove solder. It is basically braided copper that sucks the solder up into it once it and the solder is heated up. Radio shack sells some, but the one I got didn't work very good. I use some by Chemtronics that works really good. They have different sizes and for your situation you want a small version. If you have an adjustable iron make sure it isn't too hot or you can lift the solder pads up. I did that a few times at school. Sometimes I have had luck by just using the iron to move/separate the solder between the two pads. Once the solder is separated just heat up the pads and the solder will be in the right spot again.

You shouldn't have messed up the ESC unless you got solder somewhere else on the board and apply power to it or lifted the pads.

Nick
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Aframomum

Thanks Nick...

My hands were shaking so darn much trying to keep the iron tip in one place - I don't know how you guys do it.

I know my LHS does some heli repair so I'll ask them if they also do soldering before I make any further attempts. I also found while working on the tail tonight that 2 bearings need replacement so I'll need to place an order for them tomorrow as well - both my LHS can't stock MSH parts so I'm stuck with mail order for all my parts...luckily ReadyHeli is here in Florida so not too long of a wait.

Gonna call it a night now...

Mark
Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Sorry your having a tough time with the soldering. There is a knack to it forsure and you need the right soldering iron too boot. I have had to use the soldering wick aswell to clean up the area. I keep it right at hand for when I need it, great stuff. Not good news that the LHS are holding you hostage with regard to not carring your needed parts but that you have RHeli close by is a saving grace for you, like me having HeliHobby up the street here.

I have now flown 10 flights on the 700 and am very confident with it. I can fly it as well as my flybarred helis now. I did have to stop flying FB helis because of the different feels until I accomplished the FBL that "now" I am confortable with. The other benifit is, now not taking three helis to the field and related batteries is a load off of me too. I take three 700 trays, my generator and BAM I am good to go. The other day I did fly 4 times so I put a charge on at the field at 2C. With my monster charger and power supplies I was good to go in 20 minutes for the re-charge of the tray. I can go faster but I dont want to beat up my packs. When time allows and I know I am going flying I try to go back to 1C and let them charge for the hour. But after doing some research it appears that 2C is kind of the new standard for charging even though they are rated at 5C.

It is butt cold here again (58) with some light rain last night and 30 mph wind "again" blowing and more rain for Saturday coming.

Smiles Boys
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I tried getting my LHS to order parts for my helis and the only way they could do it was to order large quantities.

John,

That is good you are getting more comfortable with the 700.

Sorry your weather isn't nice for flying.

I am finally done with this semester.

Nick
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM
JPEE

HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Winter break is in! Cool Nick
Old 12-16-2011, 09:02 PM
evdreamer

John,

Now I can officially join the 700 club. Heliproz is having a 10% off discount through the 21st and I couldn't pass up the deal. They just happened to get some kits in today.

Nick
Old 12-16-2011, 09:05 PM
JPEE

Nick, that great!

WELCOME Brother. I'll send you a PM with our secret hand shake.

Sincerely I am really happy for you -
Old 12-16-2011, 09:22 PM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks, now I can build it during my winter break and have it not interfere with my school work. I still need to get a few more things for it. I probably won't maiden it until spring unless the weather is nice before then.

Nick
Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 PM
JPEE

Nick,

Please refresh my memory what you are building. A Furion or a Whiplash?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:34 PM
evdreamer

John,

The Furion 6 is MA's 600 sized heli that I have been flying for a while. The Whiplash is MA's 700 sized heli that I just ordered.

Nick
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 PM
JPEE

Cool! Be sure to post a picture of it sometime so we don't have to wait for the build.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
evdreamer

John,

Here is the MA's webpage for the Whiplash. http://miniatureaircraftusa.com/inde...=141&Itemid=85
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 AM
Aframomum

Nick,

Congrats on the new Whiplash...and for becoming a member of that elusive 700 club!! Looks like you rewarded yourself for a good school semester.

JPEE,

Glad your getting comfortable with the 700 and dialing in the FBL - I can imagine it would be hard switching between your other flybarred heli's...the FBL unit compensates for so much.

Sounds like your portable charging station is working well for you...better to be able to charge at the field then to try buying a bunch of batteries to take with you - with the cost of 700 lipo's that's just not praticle. I saw an article in RCHeli Pilot where the author doing a review of the Trex 600 was recommending getting a decent portable generator/powersupply/charger and charge at the field rather then trying to purchase several sets of batts.

Mark
Old 12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I hope I did good this semester. It can take up to two weeks before I know my final grades.

John,

I liked the sound of your 700 as you did a close fly by. It sounded like a turbine heli.

Nick
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM
JPEE

Thanks Nick,

Sorry you have to wait that long for your grades. That is like waiting for a bomb to go off. But on the other hand after knowing you for the past years I am very confident you did extreamly well.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
JPEE

A video from our field

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvtg6Z-OqI0[/youtube]
Old 12-18-2011, 04:45 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Great video...loved the port a potti theme (I'm glad you didn't mess up your heli coming out of that thing!).

You seem to have gotten very comfortable with flying your new 700, it was enjoyable to watch. It did look to be a bit cold as all of you were bundled up. The quad was very cool to see. You guys looked to be having a good time. As always, thanks for sharing as some of us have too cold weather to fly and others just don't have a heli ready to fly yet - so it's nice to see your flights.

Nick,

Do your professors post your grades online or are they mailed to you via snail mail? Hope the wait isn't too long.

Mark
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

My professors post my grades online. My calculus final was bigger than previous exams and those exams took a week for the graders to grade them. Then I had two professors in my electronic class and each of them created a big final, so that will take some time to grade. My physics final was pretty small, so I got my final grade yesterday. With extra credit I barely got an A. I don't feel too bad about that, since half of the class dropped out. Now I have two more calculus classes and two more physics classes.

Nick
Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 PM
evdreamer

Guys,

I wanted to try airplanes out again, so I decided to fix up my Super Cub. I made a new landing gear support and a servo tray out of balsa. My NiMh batteries for it don't hold a charge anymore, so I am going to try out a 2S 1900mAh LiPo I have lying around. It has about twice the capacity and is lighter than the stock battery. I didn't have a spare receiver to test out the LiPo, so I hooked up my servo tester that I made and had some fun with the motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.