Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

You devil Mark, beating everyone. Back at you and dittos my friend!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Forgot to ask...did anyone get any new heli swag for Christmas??

I did get to get all of my repair parts for my 500 so I can finish the repairs this weekend...been kinda missing flying this past few weeks.

Mark
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

No RC or swag for this guy this year for Christmas. To be honest there's just nothing I needed........ In fact I sold my DJI NAZA unit that I had bought back in September to make it 900 size quad copter but decided not to go that way after all. However, I do have a new project in mind which I'm going to hold under wraps for the time being till I start gathering all the parts for that. I think you boys will be surprised what old JP is going to build this time.

Once again smiles to everyone and let's pray that this 2013 is better than our 2012.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
evdreamer

Glenn,

Luckily the snow plows cleared the roads to work and that they actually plowed the parking lot. My dad's truck helped with the icy roads.

I found the price for the 3D printers and at that company they were $1000-3000.

I have been glued to Netflix and have been using it as much as possible before school starts next week.

That is cool you have been working on the computers at work.

Mark,

My Christmas was good. I spent a little time with my family before I had to go to work. I didn't get any RC gifts. I mainly got cash that will be going towards my tuition.

Yeah, it would be nice if Netflix had newer movies.

It sounds like you had an interesting Christmas.

That is good you can finish fixing your 500.

John,

That is good you are feeling better.

That is good you were able to fix your board.

Happy New Years everyone. I was scheduled to work the late shift on New Years Eve at the last minute, so I was glad I didn't have any problems driving home with the drunk drivers and the slippery roads.

Nick
Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Heli Direct is having a ONE DAY SALE today Jan 1 and they are giving 13% off on anyhting you buy. I just bought 2 sets of 700 main blades and one set of tail blade. I lost a set sometime ago when I hit hard on an auto. I will set them for now but someday, they'll be needed and I saved like $27.00 on the order.

http://www.helidirect.com/event_prod...=hdnewyear2013
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

2 sets of 700 blades...I had to look at Helidirect to see the price, big ouch! But any discount helps...think I will definitely stay with my 500 for the time being!

I see you are starting off the year with secret projects.

Nick,

Glad that you didn't have any issues getting home from work on New Years...I did have to work New Years Eve so I got to see all those drunks come in the ER!

Netflix is very addicting isn't it?

Mark
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
JPEE

Mark, you know the old saying, cheaper by the dozen! LOL

Seriously, I will never buy an 800 heli because there isn't enough of a difference a 7 and 8 to warrant the cost involved. For that reason I don't find a problem in buying the blades that were marked down from $112.00 down to $90.00 and then getting another 13% on top of that. It is a good investment. To be honest.......... I have been thinking of buying all of the 700E 3G blades I can get my hands on and then "corner" the market on them... gotcha!

Just finished the 700 a few minutes ago in replaceing the motors pinion bearing support in the frame and she is good a loose goose now. I spooled her up in yard with 37 mph wind about 6 feet high and she sounded like she used too, very quite in the drive-train system. Me happy.

Been thinking of dropping my Cable TV's one small extra tier of the Encore channels where I find my westerns. I pay $8.00 for that tier so I thought hummmmm that is the same a Netflix. Don't know much about NF but I guess you can watch all of the stuff you want. What about past episodes of current TV shows like "Person of Interest, Mob Doctor, Chicago Fire, Vegas, Covert Affairs and stuff like that??

Hey Guys,

If you think you may order anything from Hobby King or other Chinese vendor do it now! Chinese New Years is February 10th this year. It's never on the same day because it goes by a combination of the Gregorian calendar and the lunar-solar system I was just told. A two week normal order could be come a 30-45 day order while it sits on the docks!

The fact that the date of Chinese New Year varies within about a month is a clue that it's linked to the new moon. A rough, and almost infallible guide is that the Chinese New Year falls on the second new moon after the winter solstice. The winter solstice always falls on December 22nd, the next new moon is on January 11th 2013, and the second new moon is on February 10th 2013.
Me
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

I just checked Netflix and of the shows you listed only 2 gave a hit: Person of Interest and Covert Affairs, but they don't seem to be available for live stream..just DVD mailers so I don't think it will be worth your while. You may want to stick with the cable package you have now.

Thanks for the heads up on the Chinese New Year...I wonder how that will affect their US based warehouse...if business will stop just for 1 or 2 days or an entire week?

Speaking of HK...I just received my newest lipo from them: its a Zippy Compact Series 35C 3S 2200 pack that has roughly the same dimensions as my very old Align 20C 2100 pack that I use on my Stryker foam wing plane. [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21393__ZIPPY_Compact_2200mAh_3S_35C_Lipo_Pack.ht ml]Link[/link] Ever since GensAce went out of stock and through the roof pricewise I started looking elsewhere for a new supply of 3S 2200 packs for my planes and just happened to come across these at HK...plus they are in their US warehouse so shipping was only $6 and 3 days. Very nice.

Mark
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
JPEE

Mark,

Thanks for the Netflix research. I'll hang on to my cable.

Cool on the batteries. I am going to weigh one of my old zippies of the same class and see what they weigh in at. I fly two 3S 2200's on my quad copter. Weight mean LOSS of flight time to me. If these scale at "lighter" then booyah they sound great for me too.

Smiles
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

The 25C 2200 packs state they weigh in at 179g so depending on what your current packs weigh? Maybe you could go higher on the mah to give more flight time if the packs weigh in close to your current packs. Just some outloud thinking.

Nick,

Turn off the Netflix!!

How are things...are you back in school already? Hope you enjoyed your time off.

I was in a rush to finish my 500 repairs but considering the weathers been dank, cold, and gloomy I've been taking my time really not missing anything. Next week is supposed to look nicer so I should get things airborne by then. This has been one expensive crash...coming to a little over $200 and all b/c flying too late in the afternoon. [:'(]

Mark
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
evdreamer

John,

I like Covert Affairs too. If you go to the station's website you can watch some of their shows online.

Mark,

I won't have too much time for Netflix anymore. I started school on Tuesday. I am already getting a lot of HW. I had a rough day today in my computer class. I had to learn Java and the development environment and write a program in two hours today. I learned/did enough to get by. I have been practicing and reading up on Java to help me out next week in lab. I like my new physics book/HW compared to my previous physics class.

It is good to take your time with a rebuild, so you don't miss anything.

Nick
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
JPEE

Hello Boys, well I went to the field yesterday to fly for the first time since Nov. 30th! Holy cow......... loading my truck with everything I take was a chore. Double checked before I left and thought I was golden. Got there and unpacked, set up my Honda 2000i and power cords and oops, I forgot my transmitter box *&*%&^$%*(U(*^*(&_)* I said. So I provided power to the other guys and hung out. Actually, it was grey and cloudy and butt cold so I didn't really miss anything to speak of. So tonight I had to pull down two 700 trays and put them in storage mode due to our high winds and tonight's low of 35 degree's which will run for a several day yet to come. Last night we had rain we will again this weekend so that's why I drew them down. Going to the Ontario Convention Center about 60 miles away tomorrow to attend the AMA big show with three buddies. Thought I'd giver a try once in my life LOL. Sorry about some of the tough classes and homework, buy you'll gedder-done I know you will.

Mark, ouch 2 Bills is a hard rebuild bill but as I sent you my crashed 500 pic's I have done that a few times. Live and learn I say. I have even dropped the head speed on the 700. I LOVE hearing the blades pop but even my Gens were getting warm so cut things back a bit. I know she'll be fine but just a bit slower on the moves............ I can live that.

Take care fella's
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Aframomum

JPEE,

How was the AMA Big Show? I remember seeing articles on it in my older AMA magazines and it looked amazingly packed with stuff to see. Watch out...this may become a yearly ritual, like some guys who drive to IRCHA each year!

I think we all have done the forgotten transmitter, or dead battery in transmitter, or forgot lipo's, or glow ignitor...anything that stops a day of flying really stinks. At least you got to hang out at the field and provide free Power.

Hope you guys break out the extra blankets for that cold weather coming your way. Brrrr.

Nick,

Figured you were deep in studies...they don't waste any time do they? At least your getting your tuitions worth!

Almost done with the rebuild...it actually looks like a heli again instead of just parts and frames laying all about. I did take the opportunity to add a satillite receiver since I feel like I've been flying on borrowed time with just one point of signal reception.

Mark
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
JPEE

Hi Mark,

The show was a BUST! Everything was over priced "and or" there were no sales with the exception of the Banana Hobby. My buddy bought a Super Sky Glider that they were selling at a discounted price. Now tonight he just called and found out that his Glider has structural issues on a Forum and came come apart in flight....crap. The guys on the Forum have a fix but this deal is no longer a deal.
Batteries were off the chart price wise. Other than huge props there were next to none for small planes and quads. There were tables in many isles unoccupied. The head count was way down from last year, it was more like the last day than the first, a real let down. In the end I saved $19.00 on my legs and gimbal for my Quadcopter. And now like my buddy I just found moments ago I overpaid $33.00 from a site I just found it on. :-( There was some attitude from some of the vendors, like something political was in the wind. Airtronic's had a big booth with all of their radios and receivers...............except they were not selling, display only?? HUH no selling.........they told us to go to the booth next door (hobby people). When we did they were rude and had forgotten their inventory of 6-7 channel rx's so no sale there. A guy with us bought two HK Nanos and when I looked them up at HK on my smart phone he paid $5.00 per over HK's posted price..EACH, he got sick about that! All in all being the with guys was a cool day but the event sucked big time. Tonight I found that another guy I know that was there Saturday said it was crowed as a concert. I doubt every booth re-labeled their stock to better and lower prices. Here is an example. We wanted servo extensions. They were from booth to booth $1.00 ea to $2.50 ea. and online at HK they were $1.95 for a bag of 5! All four of said vowed NOT to go back next year.

Thanks for being kind with on the leaving my radio.......... I am the King Dummahoe LOL

Crap it is cold here for California, 32 at night, black ice this morning on the streets YES in California, my pond was frozen and wind to chill you to death. See........... I told all of you there is no climate change in the wind LMAO.

Smiles Boys
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Aframomum

JPEE,

Sorry about the AMA event being such a let down...you would think vendors would be happy to see you and prices would be good deals, not the opposite.

Hope the weather warms up for you soon.

Mark
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
JPEE

Hi Mark,
You'd you would think so. The good news is today Wednesday the sun has come out. Still bitter cold in the morning and cold at night with the wind. But the afternoons for the rest of the week including the weekend could hit 80 so we finally have gotten a break. You guys take care out.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Aframomum

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Hope your enjoying the 'warm front'.

One last thing I found in the 500 repair..., I was cleaning up the swash and wouldn't you know it...must have gotten sand in it as its gritty as heck when rotating it. I don't know any way of taking it apart so off to the LHS to replace it tomorrow (and of course just in time to get Align's 'new' swash they came out with for thier 'new' DFC head, and its actually a bit cheaper then the regular swash ).

I've also been struggling with an issue on my wife's car...seems her Mass Air Flow sensor decided to poop out suddenly last Friday. So I replaced it with a remanufactured one and same issue...so going to replace it tomorrow with a new one and see what happens. However, it did give me the chance to clean out the throttle body and replace the leaking valve cover gasket plus replace the spark plugs and wires so some good did come out of this.

Nick,

Hope your doing well with your classes.

Mark
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: Aframomum

Hey guys,

JPEE,

Hope your enjoying the 'warm front'.

One last thing I found in the 500 repair..., I was cleaning up the swash and wouldn't you know it...must have gotten sand in it as its gritty as heck when rotating it. I don't know any way of taking it apart so off to the LHS to replace it tomorrow (and of course just in time to get Align's 'new' swash they came out with for thier 'new' DFC head, and its actually a bit cheaper then the regular swash ).

I've also been struggling with an issue on my wife's car...seems her Mass Air Flow sensor decided to poop out suddenly last Friday. So I replaced it with a remanufactured one and same issue...so going to replace it tomorrow with a new one and see what happens. However, it did give me the chance to clean out the throttle body and replace the leaking valve cover gasket plus replace the spark plugs and wires so some good did come out of this.

Nick,

Hope your doing well with your classes.

Mark
Mark,
Sorry to hear about the car problems. Where is that rotarydoc when we need him hey? omg I hope that MAF valve is not to costly, buying a re-manufactured one and then a new could hurt the bank account $$ but in the end I hope it is worth it and that is your fix! And plug wires, well they do get brittle and the carbon wrapped rope inside breaks apart which degrades the spark and the car doesn't perform like it should.

Two weeks ago I took in the "Diesel Ford" as it was making noise in the fan area to which I thought it was the auto clutch fan, which cost in box over the counter $450.00 YIKES. But alas, no it could not be that simple. It was a bigger issue of course. The huge labor bill comes from the tear down to get into that area, so once your there you want to replace everything related "so to speak". So they replaced the serpentine belt, the big cast aluminum mount that hold two idlers to keep the belt tight (one bearing was toast but of course they don't sell it, ya godda buy the whole sucker" and then they found a leak in my coolant tank which had to be replaced. Total drive out bill for a FORD F-350 Diesel with 51,000 miles $1,150.00.......................... choke on that invoice boys. That truck "driven" by a senior citizen has had several of these types repairs. Without looking it up and only my memory I have put 4G's in that sucker over the 8 years I have had it. I can't afford to sell it and buy another 50K truck, so in the end I repair it. I just need it to last me though my desert wandering years and to tote my RZR Car and RV until I am to senile to be on the streets with you guys LOL.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:14 AM
JPEE

Happy Birthday Nick!

I hope your birthday is a special day and that you have many more.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks.

Sorry about the AMA event.

It sounds like you were having NE temps a few days ago. We had a heat wave a few days ago at 40 degrees a few days ago.

Sorry about your expensive auto repairs.

Mark,

Most swash plates that I have seen aren't serviceable. The only ones I have seen that are, are the Beam 450 and the Furion 450 swash's.

Good luck fixing your wife's car.

I am struggling with my physics class. I am not getting much out of the lectures and recitation, so I am having to learn most of it on my own. My physics teacher at the community college I used to go to made physics easy to understand. That physics class didn't carry over because it wasn't calculus based. I am getting more comfortable writing code in Java. It is pretty easy once I got past the basics of the language. There are a lot of useful functions I can use, so I only need to write a couple lines of code to do a lot. I am enjoying my electronics class. It is the basics of power stations and transmission lines. I enjoy learning about high powered electronics and am thinking about going into that field or the computer side of electronics.

Nick
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
JPEE

Nick,

I'll share something with you about electronics and electricity......................... it hurts when you get "hooked up" to a hot wire! LOL My electric shop teacher told a story to us 50 years ago. He had to work on a farmers well pump and of course he was standing in the wet dirt. When he was ready to start to work on this live motor and live electrical box he was explaining to the farmer why he was tying a rope around his waist and laying a 2x4 on the ground as well. The farmer asked "what's all this"? My teacher said, I am going to be talking to you and telling you a little story while I work in these "hot" conditions" none stop. If I should stop talking at anytime take the rope and pull me off the hot wires! If that won't get me off then take the 2x4 and push me off. There was lesson there to remember and I have. At the University on occasion we had to get into 220 and 480 volt panels. We used that same system except we had two men on the rope, and yes I have been in the rope on numerous occasions. I can't tell you the times I have been hit with 120, but my friend the line stops there, in 220 panel we worked in teams for safety if you can call working on a hot panel safe lol. My buddy, an electrician there was working waist high in a dropped ceiling in a classroom repairing light fixtures. From about the belt line he was in the ceiling and he got really hooked up to a 220 volt line. He told me he got stiff as a board and could no let go!! So with all of his force he managed to make himself slip off of the ladder and he fell through the ceiling to the floor and that's what broke him lose off the 220....DANG. He was an older electrician too and he said he got close to God that day, closer than he wanted to be at the time.

John
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 AM
rotarydoc

Hey guys,

I was looking at my calendar, and noticed yesterday was Nick's birthday, so I had to make sure to get on here today to wish Nick a Happy Birthday!

Nick,

Hope you can get the hang of the physics class, I have heard that it's pretty tough stuff, hang in there!

Cool on learning and using the Java code, that sounds interesting, and fun...

That would be cool if you went on the computer side of electronics, I know there is high demand for knowledgable I.T. guys out there in the field.

Mark,

Sorry about the MAF sensor issues, hope a new one does the trick...

Let me know if you need my assistance/advice, I do have access here to other make's info that just Mazda.

JPEE,

Car repairs can sure add up!

Hope this repair lasts you for awhile, so you don't have to put out any more $$$ on the big "D"...

I'll try to catch up next time, just had a little extra time here at work, waiting on OK's for broken cars...

Take care guys,

Glenn
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

Sorry I missed it but...Happy Birthday!!

Hope you had a good time and took a bit of time from the study's to enjoy yourself.

Mark
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Aframomum

I did get the car all fixed up...turned out to be the refurb sensor afterall. JPEE, I cannot get over the prices you quoted for your truck repairs...mine seem petty in comparison!

I never knew you could get shocked by 220 (that's the same as the electric dryer outlet right?) and survive...something I'll take your word for rather than experience myself.

Nick,

I took the trig based physics in college and then switched over to the cal based physics and it was a major change. I barely made it through the 2 that were required so can feel your pain. I spent more time with my nose in that book then almost any other class (organic chem was my other one that was extremely difficult ). But your hard work will pay off and feel so rewarding.

Glenn,

Nice to see your doing well.

Mark
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
evdreamer

Thanks Glenn and Mark for the birthday wishes.

Mark,

That is good the new sensor worked.

On my birthday I enjoyed eating out with my family then in the evening I headed off to work.

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.